NFL Week 7 - Around the NFL - Gameday thread (Bills have bye)

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But do we need to hear someone say "he's no elite QB" every time Tua throws a pass? We get it. He's not our boy. 

You called him a gamer not me. I don’t hate the guy as a player I just think he’s an average at best QB. Lord knows we Bills fans have seen enough of that to recognize it. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly.

In an alternate universe, we didn't trade up for Allen and then wound up drafting Tua. And if Tua were playing exactly like this for the Bills, we'd be saying "we didn't get Mahomes and Allen, but we finally have a keeper at QB."

Cheers to this universe 

Just now, Beck Water said:

I mean, Pickett was successful in college?  A lot of guys are successful in college?

I think you have to try really really hard if you watch Pickens play to not think he is going to be a very good WR in this league.

Pickett really sucks. You never want to pull a rookie QB after making the switch to him, but for the good of the team they have to. Every snap he is thinking check down or immediately tuck and run. You can live with a young QB taking too many chances. A young QB doing the opposite gives you nothing to build on.

4 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

You called him a gamer not me. I don’t hate the guy as a player I just think he’s an average at best QB. Lord knows we Bills fans have seen enough of that to recognize it. 

Calling a QB a gamer seems to imply he tries hard but just doesn't have it. I'd never call Allen, Mahomes, and other elite QBs gamers. It's a given. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I think you have to try really really hard if you watch Pickens play to not think he is going to be a very good WR in this league.

I agree, but the question being discussed is why Collinsworth has this deep level of Tua love that precludes him even commenting on the interceptions Tua is trying to throw, and the Steelers are refusing to accept delivery of

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.