NFL Week 7 - Around the NFL - Gameday thread (Bills have bye)

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Calling a QB a gamer usually Seems to imply he tries hard but just doesn't have it. I'd never call Allen, Mahomes, and other elite QBs gamers. It's a given. 

Yeah Fitzpatrick was a gamer…. It’s implies overachieving  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Did he really think he was going to get away and get 16 yards?  I think Pitts should put Tribuski back in and see if he can light a spark.  Miami probably didnt prepare for him.

On that play I think he was trying to escape and find a window to throw he just couldn't get away.

Just now, Beck Water said:

I agree, but the question being discussed is why Collinsworth has this deep level of Tua love that precludes him even commenting on the interceptions Tua is trying to throw, and the Steelers are refusing to accept delivery of

Imagine if Josh played like this. He’s be crucified ‘ see can’t fix accuracy’ blah blah 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Pickett really sucks. You never want to pull a rookie QB after making the switch to him, but for the good of the team they have to. Every snap he is thinking check down or immediately tuck and run. You can live with a young QB taking too many chances. A young QB doing the opposite gives you nothing to build on.

Pickett is a gamer.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree, but the question being discussed is why Collinsworth has this deep level of Tua love that precludes him even commenting on the interceptions Tua is trying to throw, and the Steelers are refusing to accept delivery of

He's done the same thing in every game I have watched this year...he threw a pick 6 to Milano that he dropped

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Pickett really sucks. You never want to pull a rookie QB after making the switch to him, but for the good of the team they have to. Every snap he is thinking check down or immediately tuck and run. You can live with a young QB taking too many chances. A young QB doing the opposite gives you nothing to build on.

One thing in Tomlin’s long career he’s not dealt with is how to introduce a young qb into the league. Agree, they transitioned too soon and Mitch was actually good in their last game 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.