Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Eagles defense isnt as good as a healthy 49ers defense.

Only difference with the offense is qb play which is big but Hurts isnt unbeatable. 49ers have much better weapons.

100%. Eagles will get 1 seed but only because their schedule couldn’t be any easier. They’re going to get punked in the playoffs. 

I can’t believe you guys not wanting to pay for CMC. Heck I’d have given them our last 3 2nd rounders easily.

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Would have been a cheap price to pay for an elite RB instead of using an average RB and teams not needing to be worried about our run game 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I can’t believe you guys not wanting to pay for CMC. Heck I’d have given them our last 3 2nd rounders easily.

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Would have been a cheap price to pay for an elite RB instead of using an average RB and teams not needing to be worried about our run game 

spicy

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Cody Ford is a starter for Thursday Night Football winning Arizona Cardinals, so between Cook and Epenesa who is the backup and who is the bust?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Beane didn't want to pay the price and that is all that matters. CMC is elite when healthy but that is a big if. If the Bills make any moves before the trade deadline I hope it's to improve the OL.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

The goal is to hit on those picks, not to retroactively plan on missing on them and giving future ones away... 

• Like (+1) 5

Would have loved to have him, but apparently teams were willing to give up more than I would have.  I could see a 2nd round pick, maybe a little more In 2024, but that’s a lot of picks for a guy with his injury history.   I guess the 9ers are comfortable rolling with CMC and Lance next year, it’s all they can afford and they have no draft.. yikes.  I don’t see it pushing them over the top, maybe I’m wrong.  Hopefully, it helps them beat KC next week 😂

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This is a lazy, bad take. As soon as lance got hurt, I got on here and said the 49ers are going to the SB and  I bet the 49ers to win the SB. Jimmy isn’t a great qb but he’s the best person to run the Shanahan offense. Yes I think the bills are better but there’s no value in betting them to win the SB. I got the Niners at +2000 which was a stupid steal considering how awful the NFC is. Unless you trust Hurts to play well against that 49ers D, which I certainly don’t. Face it, it’s either us or KC against SF at this point unless Jimmy gets hurt too which he might. At least CMC didn’t go to KC but we will see him in February. 

The Niners were trying to dump Jimmy G this past off season.  He's a turnover machine.  They have a good roster but their QB spot is a big question mark.  The NFC is down this year no doubt but the Niners are 3 games behind the Eagles for #1 seed.  You're counting on Jimmy G to win 3 playoff games just to reach the Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

What are you basing this on?  They’ve played nobody and are still 3-3.  Their remaking schedule is brutal.  Only way I see them getting into the playoffs is winning their Division.  Rams might have something to say about that and if the Cardinals can get healthy they might contend as well.  

I’m basing it on their defensive talent (when healthy) and the fact they have some playmakers on offense (Kittle, Deebo, now CMC) and run Shanahan’s scheme very well.  If Jimmy G isn’t asked to be a hero he’s a very competent game manager who can make some plays.

You don’t have to agree with me.  It’s ok.  We’ll find out by the end of the season.

9 hours ago, Draconator said:

Way too much for a player with a history of being injured,  I still believe the Bills should see if Josh Jacobs from the Raiders is available.  I don't think he would cost as much because only signed through this season.  I like Singletary but I do not trust him or Moss on 3rd and short,  a couple of plays on Sunday in the 4th quarter he did too much dancing and we need him to just go hard upfield. Teams are loading up to stop our passing attack,  a more explosive RB will have big games and better production.

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Way too much for a player with a history of being injured,  I still believe the Bills should see if Josh Jacobs from the Raiders is available.  I don't think he would cost as much because only signed through this season.  I like Singletary but I do not trust him or Moss on 3rd and short,  a couple of plays on Sunday in the 4th quarter he did too much dancing and we need him to just go hard upfield. Teams are loading up to stop our passing attack,  a more explosive RB will have big games and better production.

IMO Jacobs isnt an upgrade. Grass is always greener. Feel like Singletary has done more with less.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Source tells me their sources have told them sources have confirmed GM Brandon Beane has feelers out to MULTIPLE teams.

?????

Now there's some real quality work right there. Not sure if the writing is worse or the "journalism."

It's no wonder this country is in decline. Read crap like that long enough and you'll be back to coloring books in a few months.

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It was posted after: It's a 2, 3 & 4 this year plus a 5 next year (SF traded their 1 to Miami)

Yes... the moral of the story (again) is that It's always better to read through AND THEN post... Or as a construction foreman might say, "what you're looking for isn't always gonna be on the top."

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Doesn’t sound like he was ever in on it at all.

Considering they were in Carolina when he was taken 8th overall, McBeane likely loves McCaffrey... it's likely the Bills saw which direction things were going and dropped out early.

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

If they cut bait with him cut or trade him in the offseason SF wouldn't owe him another penny or have any cap hit. This is why I, and others, viewed him as a perfect rental and gamble.

The Niners are not going to cut McCaffrey under any circumstances. It's not in the realm of possibility.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

IMO Jacobs isnt an upgrade. Grass is always greener. Feel like Singletary has done more with less.

I like to see Singletary running behind a decent OL. This is something that will have to wait until the offseason but I expect Beane to focus on the OL like he did the DL this past offseason.

Beane is smart. 

We've seen two years in a row, this WR group fall apart at the wrong time. 

In 2020 it was Beasley and John Brown hobbling, and Davis hurt against the Ravens. 

In 2021, Beasley was out of gas, Sanders was useless, and Diggs was shut down, leaving Gabe Davis. 

So take no chances, if Beckham or Chase Claypool are available, of course, he needs to be looking into it. 

Diggs - Davis - Claypool - Shakir is better than Diggs - Davis - Shakir - McKenzie. 

19 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

The Niners were trying to dump Jimmy G this past off season.  He's a turnover machine.  They have a good roster but their QB spot is a big question mark.  The NFC is down this year no doubt but the Niners are 3 games behind the Eagles for #1 seed.  You're counting on Jimmy G to win 3 playoff games just to reach the Super Bowl.  

He’s done it once already and almost did last year. The path to the SB in the NFC couldn’t be drawn up easier. Hurts, Cousins, Dak, washed Rodgers, 45 year old Brady. Which of that pile of crap are you picking to beat them?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.