Sideline TEMPERATURE Dolphins v Vikings

DallasBillsFan1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

OR, at the very least, the rules need to be altered to allow shade on the visitors side. To argue the home team didn’t use tents is ridiculous. THEY WERE IN THE SHADE. One team gets shade? BOTH teams get shade. It’s an unfair advantage, period. 

I’m not whining about losing that game. In a way, I’m kind of glad we lost and eliminated the “perfect season” pressure. But every single early season 1:00pm game provides an advantage to the home team, and could result in serious injury/illness or even death. If you think that is fair and safe, DC Tom wouldn’t even waste keystrokes on you. 

Now I'm imagining a weird scenario where in our new stadium (on rainy days) we take advantage of the current rules to dictate you can only hydrate your team with collected rainwater from the sideline rain shelters.  Oh sorry visiting Dolphins, our new stadium is coincidentally oriented so that rain only falls on our side of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, rajinka said:

Pretty sure the snow cold and wind is the same everywhere in the stadium.  

Some people just cannot see reason. Feel free to carry on if you like, but it just feels like a waste of time. It seems to be a pure troll job, because the truth is so obvious. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

The problem is very obvious. It's unsafe and unfair. The two teams were not playing in the same conditions. That was clear to see with how the Bills were dropping like flies.

I'm genuinely stunned and taken aback that people are not in full agreement that this is incredibly wrong and unethical. Amazing. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why has this never been an issue before now? 

Pretty sure in the last couple years the Dolphins renovated their upper part of the stadium that gains this advantage. As a result just recently we started seeing them take advantage of the shade it brings their side and dictating that the opposing sidelines cannot have amenities such as pavillion tents for shade that they dont use.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

when someone dies of a heat stroke...it will be too late. the design was intentional. I hate the dolphins, hate.

Korey Stringer’s family thinks it’s already too late, not to mention countless high school and college kids over the years. IT IS DANGEROUS, and also unfair. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

OR, at the very least, the rules need to be altered to allow shade on the visitors side. To argue the home team didn’t use tents is ridiculous. THEY WERE IN THE SHADE. One team gets shade? BOTH teams get shade. It’s an unfair advantage, period. 

I’m not whining about losing that game. In a way, I’m kind of glad we lost and eliminated the “perfect season” pressure. But every single early season 1:00pm game provides an advantage to the home team, and could result in serious injury/illness or even death. If you think that is fair and safe, DC Tom wouldn’t even waste keystrokes on you. 

They should allow the visitors to erect temporary tents to shield players from the sun but they would probably block the view of premium ($) field level fans.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Korey Stringer’s family thinks it’s already too late, not to mention countless high school and college kids over the years. IT IS DANGEROUS, and also unfair. 

Where is the NFLPA on this issue?

I never thought Stephen Ross was a particularly popular owner, cant believe he would have much support from the other owners.

51 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Ok? And the Bills have the snow to their advantage. Everyone has home field advantage in some way shape or form.

Yes, but you can add layers and have heaters for warmth. You can’t take off enough layers in heat / sun, and disallowing shade / air conditioning efforts bc the Phins aren’t using it is terrible policy.

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Top: Unfair and dangerous for the visitors.

Bottom: Fair, and equally dangerous for everyone. I still don’t love it for safety and competitive reasons. You can’t even see a teams best effort as they drop like flies in the heat. It’s why the World Cup in Qatar got moved out of the summer months. Even lousy FIFA knew that wouldn’t fly! 

• Like (+1) 1

Pegulas should tap their buddy Wilf in Minnesota to approach the NFL about this for a rule change. The stadium pavillion should count as a tent/shade and allow visiting team to erect something to provide the same benefit.

If it comes from the Pegulas, we will get the same douchiness from the rest of the country that we are getting from our own fans. "iTs OnLy cUz yOu LoSt"

53 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Ok? And the Bills have the snow to their advantage. Everyone has home field advantage in some way shape or form.

Right, gotcha.

Bills arrange for it to snow only on visitor side of field.

This is really mindlessly simple.  Allow both teams to have cooling tents on their sideline.  IF Dophins dont want to use them, thats fine.

Now, I can't remember what the number is exactly, but I do know for a fact, that the British Army forbid soldiers from participating in sports, if the temperature gets above that number.

I was out in Cyprus visiting a friend who worked on one of the UK bases there, and they stopped guys from completing games, because the temperature had got too high.

My gut feeling was that that temperature was 35C, but I don't know for sure. What I do know, is that it was well below 120F, even though it was pretty darn hot.

If an armed force has regulations in place about doing stuff in extreme heat, it tells me it's a risk to health, and that something should be done about changing that situation for the better.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.