I don't hate Kansas City

Success

On 10/14/2022 at 12:20 PM, coloradobillsfan said:

I lived in KC for a year around the turn of the millennium, and I found KC fans to be pretty good fans.  They wanted to talk about Marv Levy whom they still have a lot of reverence for, they possessed a good amount of knowledge of teams outside KC, they start their tailgate preparations days beforehand, they HATE the Raiders with a passion, and they take their family photos in Chiefs gear.  When the Bills were in town, we got a lot of good-natured ribbing followed by a lot of props for traveling so far to support our team.  Any fanbase is going to have its lowest common denominators, but I found their fan base (and city) to be pretty amicable all in all.  

KC is a cool ass city...Fountain City it's nicknamed because it has the most fountains of anywhere in the world outside Venice, Italy? I believe.  BBQ is unbelievably amazing, went to Q39.  Cool section of the city that is a retail district the developer made to look like a replica of Seville, Spain since he went there and loved it.  All in all really liked our time there...and of course the obligatory "Go Bills!" was heard multiple times by other current and former WNYers that were there.  Went in the summer about 4 or 5 years ago.

Edited by Big Turk

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t really hate any team. I love watching Mahomes and I love the Bills-KC games. I want them to play all the time. Looking forward to a rematch in Buffalo in January.

make love, not war. ✌️

Except the Pats, Fins, Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Except the Pats, Fins, Jets.

So I hate Jets fans. The Fins are kinda irrelevant and Miami is fun to visit. And the Bills Pats really has never been a rivalry. Every time I met a pats fan or go to boston, they say the Bills are the 2nd favorite afc east team and how much they respect us. Now it could be because I’m super intimating but we viewed them as rival much more than they do us.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Spend 5 minutes at Chiefs Planet and any respect you had for Chiefs fans will go right out the window.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/

I get your point, but honestly it is like that for just about all fan bases.

I have on occasion visited other teams forums, and you get the same kind of stuff there.

Try to take a look at this forum from an outsiders perspective.  If you were a fan of an opposing team and came here recently, you might think many of the people posting here are arrogant, overbearing or worse.

I think every fanbase in pro sports in this country has a small percentage of fans/message board posters who are 100% sure of themselves but act in an arrogant, egotistical, even confrontational manner.  It happens with the Chiefs forum just like it happens here.  We just don't recognize it as much here because often times we 'like' what we are hearing.

I will say this, when I dislike a team, it is more often because of the fanbase than because of any player on it.  Sure, I dislike the Browns now because of Watson and what they team did to get him. I dislike the Bucs and the Pats because I personally view Brady as an entitled, cheating whiner (much the same way I felt about Marino decades ago).  But show me a fan base that acts like idiots...that is so full of themselves that it shows more than I see from other fanbases, and I'll show you a team I don't like. (of course, a lot of that is what we SEE for ourselves that matters)

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I get your point, but honestly it is like that for just about all fan bases.

I have on occasion visited other teams forums, and you get the same kind of stuff there.

Try to take a look at this forum from an outsiders perspective.  If you were a fan of an opposing team and came here recently, you might think many of the people posting here are arrogant, overbearing or worse.

I think every fanbase in pro sports in this country has a small percentage of fans/message board posters who are 100% sure of themselves but act in an arrogant, egotistical, even confrontational manner.  It happens with the Chiefs forum just like it happens here.  We just don't recognize it as much here because often times we 'like' what we are hearing.

Chiefs Planet is a message board for fans of sexual violence who just happen to occasionally discuss football.  Its really a vile read.  Thats the norm over there.    

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Spend 5 minutes at Chiefs Planet and any respect you had for Chiefs fans will go right out the window.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/

did you happen to read the bills defensive plan thread?  they're saying the fumble in the first, and the trip by mck was because of their blitzing, and not because of mistakes made by the bills.  a guy trips with a perfect pass thrown to him, and it was due to defense.  they really think the only reason they lost was because of their mistakes, completely ignoring any that the bills made.  i suppose we all do this.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

did you happen to read the bills defensive plan thread?  they're saying the fumble in the first, and the trip by mck was because of their blitzing, and not because of mistakes made by the bills.  a guy trips with a perfect pass thrown to him, and it was due to defense.  they really think the only reason they lost was because of their mistakes, completely ignoring any that the bills made.  i suppose we all do this.

Its pretty pathetic.  All their mistakes were bad luck and ours were forced by Spagnuolo's blitzing genius.  That board is so completely obnoxious.  Any reasonable take gets obliterated by jackasses.  

Funny how conveniently people forget the underhanded garbage from the Chiefs D Line the past few years. 

Also Mahomes with his bush league fake slides.

Nevermind all the low character scum rotating through their team... one of the lowest character teams in the entire league. 

Coach Reid enabling his son until he destroyed a poor girl's life. 

Tyreek a scum of the earth human off the team at least.  Beat his toddler kid and broke his arm, history of being an abuser towards women and children. World will be a better place when he dies. 

Just nothing to like about that team.  

Fans are cool, sure, but the people on the team it's an absolute human landfill of trash.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, Success said:

Is that wrong?  

Mahomes is one of the most fun players in the league to watch. You almost have to love that guy as a general fan of the game. It's cool that he and Allen have so much respect for each other and have said they're friends off the field.  I also have always liked Reid, and he really paid his dues in Philly all those years.  

I also see their market & history has similar to Buffalo.  Not an NFL darling, passionate & crazy fanbase.  Came up short for decades before finally having a team that can deliver.  And Patriots fans hate KC, so that has to count for something.

I find it strange that I don't hate them, because I usually hate any team that ends my team's season even once, and they've done it twice now.

Anyone else feel that way?  I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of vomit reactions, but I was curious.

th7MO0X7IA.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

I will give it to a KC couple who was watching the chiefs in a bar next to me while I was watching that dreadful Miami game who told me when their giant Mastiff dog went out to take a dump they called it a " our dog is making a football move" and I now use that regularly..........

On 10/19/2022 at 1:21 PM, teef said:

You forgot about allof THEIR injuries and how they started 2 rookie cb's........... haha

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.