Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

8 minutes ago, teef said:

as mentioned before, for all the people who thinks this is no big deal, i wonder how you would react if you were shoved to the ground like that, or if someone you cared about was.  way too much love for an athlete here.  

You’re saying we SHOULD be emotional about it. 

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This thread could be a case study on confirmation bias.

The first view looked like one thing, while the view from behind looked like something else. It almost seems like a different incident. I’m not going to try to change anyone’s mind, but in my opinion Adams was clearly wrong (as he has admitted and apologized for) but he camera guy messed up by inexplicably jumping out in front of him. He is not without some responsibility, IMO. 

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. They can both have some fault, and not necessarily in equal shares.  Camera guy should not have done that. Adams DEFINITELY should NOT have done that. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

you don't need to be emotional.  just have common sense.  like adams failed to do.  that guy has a lot to lose, he made a bad decision, and now he has to deal with it.  just like you and i would have to if we shoved someone to the ground.  not to hard to understand if you're reasonable.

so...what would you do if this happened to you?

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

No he is not, just to accept that he assaulted the guy, and move forward accordingly,

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

“Facts”

any lawyer Adams hires will quickly turn this misdemeanor into a violation at worst. He could probably plead it to a violation himself with a simple call to the d.a., pay a fine and be done with it. 

what's "a violation"?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what's "a violation"?

It sounds like a bad thing in the workplace. I mean, from what others have told me…… 

EDIT: I have no idea what that means. Is there some “ticket level” of event? Like jaywalking? 

P.S. - Has anyone explained why that guy jumped out? Adams had ZERO business shoving him like that, but WTF was camera guy thinking? I wish a clip would surface that starts earlier. 

Edited by Augie

20 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

The guy could have been hurt pretty badly?

Yeah I guess any time you fall backwards you can get hurt. 

But it is a known risk of being a field cameraman. How many times have you seen camerapersons on the sideline get hammered as a player went out of bounds. 

Fwiw, I think a criminal case for this push is silly. Fine him 100K and call it a day. 

There is a big difference between a player running into a camera man on the sideline because of momentum during a play and a player assaulting a camera man in the tunnel after the game.  Do you really not know the difference?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

It already is a misdemeanor.  More facts for you.  The problem for him is the civil suit, the NFL suspension, and a misdemeanor assault can result in as much as 180 days in jail and he is 100% guilty of that crime.   Likely won't happen, but those are the facts. 

actually

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Adams is a self absorbed POS and deserves to he punished.  End of story.  

Actually, from several reports I’ve heard he is regarded as a very nice guy. I heard there was no history of trouble or being a DBag. It was the wrong time, wrong place. I’d hope I’d know enough not to be on either end of that. I don’t care if it’s 97% to 3%, both share in what went down. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what's "a violation"?

Hrrrm, something less than a misdemeanor in the hierarchy of offenses; violation, misdemeanor, felony. 

basically a non-criminal offense that usually requires paying a fine, like a traffic ticket

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There is a big difference between a player running into a camera man on the sideline because of momentum during a play and a player assaulting a camera man in the tunnel after the game.  Do you really not know the difference?

morally sure. 

but if talking injury risk, they are also worlds apart. 

adams was a jerk, with very low real risk. 

I don’t mean to be a jerk here, and I’ll catch it for this, but we had never even HEARD of a seatbelt growing up. Falling down is only a big deal if a big deal results.  This SHOULD be a non-event. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t mean to be a jerk here, and I’ll catch it for this, but we had never even HEARD of a seatbelt growing up. Falling down is only a big deal if a big deal results.  This SHOULD be a non-event. 

Never heard of workplace violence either,  but here we are..... 

1 minute ago, loyal2dagame said:

Adams made a bad decision.  Now he answers for it.  The guy that was pushed did absolutely nothing wrong.

If you have seen both angles you should realize that is simply not true. The guy went out in front of a player coming off the field after a rough loss. I’m still waiting for video that starts a couple seconds sooner, or from a different angle. WTF happened? WHY was he there in the first place? 

Like the AJ Epenesa expulsion, don’t startle a worked up guy in his workplace. 

Adams HAS admitted and is facing what is due. Camera guy needs to get real. 

• Agree 1