Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills have openly talked about OBJ and allowed players to openly recruit OBJ. CMC they denied and are keeping quiet.

Beane absolutely loves CMC. 

I'd think that there was much more interest before regular season started and maybe not as much now. I think it's possible Beane had the more interest back then than there is now after seeing how well Devin has been playing. 

Anyways, we will see what happens soon enough.

If we can get a reasonable deal done without singletary in the deal then ok But you just can’t trade devin. Too much of a risk when he’s been durable and mcd hasnt. Those two on the field at the same time would be crazy. You wouldn’t know who’s getting the ball and split out cmc is a mismatch with any lb’er

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Adding CMC would push SuperBowl aspirations on Buffalo from "favored" to "expected."

Might be too much pressure.

In that case we should cut Diggs and Miller so expectations are low and the team will

ay better.

Adding CMC would push SuperBowl aspirations on Buffalo from "favored" to "expected."

In that case we should cut Diggs and Miller so expectations are low and the team will

ay better.

THe Buccaneers added Antonio Brown, Gronkowski, and Fornette to win the Superbowl.

Adding CMC, and OBJ would be no different.

26 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

If we can get a reasonable deal done without singletary in the deal then ok But you just can’t trade devin. Too much of a risk when he’s been durable and mcd hasnt. Those two on the field at the same time would be crazy. You wouldn’t know who’s getting the ball and split out cmc is a mismatch with any lb’er

Trading Singletary for CMC isn't as big a deal because Devin will be gone next year. It's the draft pick that will hurt more.

Also, the Bills are not going to bench McKenzie, or Knox to give Singletary more snaps.

Edited by unbillievable

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

THe Buccaneers added Antonio Brown, Gronkowski, and Fornette to win the Superbowl.

Trading Singletary for CMC isn't as big a deal because Devin will be gone next year. It's the draft pick that will hurt more.

What draft picks did the Bucs give up for AB, Gronk and Founette?

1 hour ago, wolfpack78 said:

I think we should make a play for Kareem Hunt and his expiring contract.  Has proven to be durable and is a similar threat in the passing game, not to mention he would be a fraction of the price CMC Is.  I think we were connected to him a couple years ago when he was on the market but Beane & Co. probably didn't want to deal with the PR side of itback then.

I don't think this is a terrible idea

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do you mean?

Im saying McCaffery fits everything we’ve learned from Beane. If there is one player in the NFL Beane could add to this Bills team I think it’s McCaffery.

Not sure I agree. The plan was McKissic this off season and we passed on many RBs in the draft. I don't think they like to break the bank on an RB.

I honestly think we could improve more by replacing Moss. 

I agree don't want to trade Singletary. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

56 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

I think we should make a play for Kareem Hunt and his expiring contract.  Has proven to be durable and is a similar threat in the passing game, not to mention he would be a fraction of the price CMC Is.  I think we were connected to him a couple years ago when he was on the market but Beane & Co. probably didn't want to deal with the PR side of itback then.

What an absolutely insane player mention as "durable" Last season Hunt missed 9 games. CMC missed one more than that. And while CMC did miss 13 the previous year to Hunt's zero, before 2020 CMC hadn't missed a game in his career while while Hunt had missed 13 due to injury or other nefarious reasons. Both came into the NFL in 2017 and Hunt has only played 1 more game to this point than CMC. 

We are already at "expected" if we stay healthy.  My concern is he will screw up the chemistry of the offense.  Too many chefs in the kitchen. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

We are already at "expected" if we stay healthy.  My concern is he will screw up the chemistry of the offense.  Too many chefs in the kitchen. 

Agree that I'd prefer they pass on him. My reasons differ from yours though, for me chemistry isn't the issue. For me it's multiple things such as lack of confidence in him remaining healthy, also would not want to spend a valuable draft pick, and also Devin is playing better than some may have expected in both rushing and receiving.

Devin is very reliable and don't think he's missed a game yet if I'm not mistaken. Cook is coming along slowly but surely. So it's just more important things to address if making a move before deadline imo

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What an absolutely insane player mention as "durable" Last season Hunt missed 9 games. CMC missed one more than that. And while CMC did miss 13 the previous year to Hunt's zero, before 2020 CMC hadn't missed a game in his career while while Hunt had missed 13 due to injury or other nefarious reasons. Both came into the NFL in 2017 and Hunt has only played 1 more game to this point than CMC. 

The operant part is would not break the bank. 

Also, the Bills are not going to bench McKenzie, or Knox to give Singletary more snaps.

Yeah I know devin will be gone next year. He’s been durable and cmc hasn’t. If we traded devin and cmc were to go down we wouldn’t have a run game at all. Cook isn’t there yet. And if you have them both you absolutely have plays with both of them in the game. Cmc would essentially replace McKenzie on those downs. Split back shotgun looks etc..kinda similar to what Green Bay runs with their rbs at times. You could still even have knox or McKenzie in the formation with those looks

Edited by BillsSbSoon

4 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

The operant part is would not break the bank. 

Possibly. However he was threatening to hold out this last preseason for a new contract. I don't think he's going to sign for pennis on the dollar, either. Somebody will pay him way over his value because that is what the FA market does. A team like Atlanta, Vegas if they move on from Jacobs, Arizona....teams are starved for playmakers.

Honestly, this offseason if we are going to sign a RB I would stick with Singletary and pay the guy that I drafted and developed. Motor is younger, has averaged basically the same YPC and hasn't missed a game since his rookie season.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Agreed.

Motor runs with more power and makes more people miss.

More power than McCaffrey? More misses than him? Please don't get me wrong but I am the world's most renown, leading expert on all things McCaffrey and it seems you haven't done your homework if this is what you are insinuating...:cry:

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.