Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

The rest of your post seems reasonable, but not sure how you land on "Bills are pretty healthy right now"...lol. Yes, by Friday, that report should be a bit cleaned up, but don't jump off the deep end with that odd statement.

We are healthy in the positions that are critical.  We have our QB1.  Other teams are on their 2nd and 3rd string QB's.  We have our top players.  It is week 5, nobody is healthy.  Look at the injury report.  We really should have 90% of our top players this weekend.  

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

If that moron Urban Meyer can beat us 9-6, anyone can beat us.  Never take anyone lightly in the NFL.  The Steelers A game vs our B game will result in a Steelers victory.

Coach Meyer's Postgame Speech After Win Against Bills | Jacksonville Jaguars - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6mVL6Qyydk

Describe what a Steelers "A" game this year looks like. They're a shell of what they usually are. They've played no one this year and are still only 1-3. Their only win was a fluke because the Bengals decided they didn't want the ball on offense giving it up 5 times, 4 of them Joe Burrow INTs, 1 being a pick 6.

How bad is it? Josh has 250 total yards more than their entire team. He's 1 TD  short of having twice as many total TDs than their entire team. He almost has as many rushing yards than their star RB. He's thrown for 115 yards more per game than their QBs.

No reigning DPOY TJ Watt. Both their other 2 stars are really banged up. Really bad o-line and with their current injuries even the d-line is bad and they're not getting pressure on QBs(Which is how Jacksonville beat us). They only have 3 sacks in the last 3 games without Watt 

Like I said they have no A game. They're done, cooked & Tomlin is going to suffer his 1st losing season of his 16 year career in grand fashion.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Describe what a Steelers "A" game this year looks like. They're a shell of what they usually are. They've played no one this year and are still only 1-3. Their only win was a fluke because the Bengals decided they didn't want the ball on offense giving it up 5 times, 4 of them Joe Burrow INTs, 1 being a pick 6.

How bad is it? Josh has 250 total yards more than their entire team. He's 1 TD  short of having twice as many total TDs than their entire team. He almost has as many rushing yards than their star RB. He's thrown for 115 yards more per game than their QBs.

No reigning DPOY TJ Watt. Both their other 2 stars are really banged up. Really bad o-line and with their current injuries even the d-line is bad and they're not getting pressure on QBs(Which is how Jacksonville beat us). They only have 3 sacks in the last 3 games without Watt 

Like I said they have no A game. They're done, cooked & Tomlin is going to suffer his 1st losing season of his 16 year career in grand fashion.

Their A game looks like them getting turnovers, holding the Bills offense to FG's, not TD's, and scoring with their special teams and defense.  

Remember. last year they beat us by making us kick FG's and they blocked a punt for a TD.  Also remember they beat the Bengals opening week despite being dominated.  How?  They scored a defensive TD and they made the Bengals kick short field goals instead of giving them TD's.  They have a recipe for success.  It works when their opponents don't bring their A game. 

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

Their A game looks like them getting turnovers, holding the Bills offense to FG's, not TD's, and scoring with their special teams and defense.  

Remember. last year they beat us by making us kick FG's and they blocked a punt for a TD.  Also remember they beat the Bengals opening week despite being dominated.  How?  They scored a defensive TD and they made the Bengals kick short field goals instead of giving them TD's.  They have a recipe for success.  It works when their opponents don't bring their A game. 

That win in Cincinnati required an injury to the Bengals long snapper. Otherwise the Bengals win that game in regulation with an extra point or in OT with a chip shot FG. 

Bit you do make a good point in that the Bills have got to stop gifting short fields to opponents. That, as much as anything, is why they lost in Miami and why it took a huge comeback to win in Baltimore.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That win in Cincinnati required an injury to the Bengals long snapper. Otherwise the Bengals win that game in regulation with an extra point or in OT with a chip shot FG. 

Bit you do make a good point in that the Bills have got to stop gifting short fields to opponents. That, as much as anything, is why they lost in Miami and why it took a huge comeback to win in Baltimore.

The Steelers win vs Bengals also involved TJ Watt taking over the game…that won’t happen this week

Just now, Bills2022 said:

They had the best defensive player in the league last year when they played us, they don't this week. They had the best defensive player against the Bengals week 1, they DON'T this week.

They have 10 sacks this year, 7 came in Watt's only game. They have created 8 turnovers this year, guess how many in Watt's only game? 5. They've done nothing on defense the last 3 weeks while playing against Mac Jones, Jacoby Brissett & Zac Wilson, now they're gonna go gang busters against Josh? Lol, fat ******* chance.

Your hot takes today haven't been so hot. Like OBJ not playing in 2019, then I tried to correct you and then you doubled down on it. All you had to do was look it up.🙄

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Why wouldn't they?

1) we lost a low-scoring game to the Dolphins when we couldn't "clinch the deal" on multiple drives

2) we barely squeaked out a win over the Ravens at the end of regulation

3) our Injury Report looks like we should set up a Mash tent on the sidelines at practice and includes:

-two starting DBs are "out"

-starting MLB may very well be "out"

-two starting DLmen still limited

-another starting DB DNP

-on the other side of the ball, starting TE may be out

-starting #2 WR hampered, #3 WR in concussion protocol and his backup/partner going on IR

-backup to #2 WR and ace ST likely "out"

-C limited with injury to snapping arm

4) various stuff out there now on how to stop Josh Allen (based on Dolphins game)

5) run game poor

On their side, new young QB looked promising and we have limited film on him

I'm not writing all this to say I think we're in trouble, but I can see why Steelers fans would be licking their chops.  And anyone who thinks it'll be a cake-walk for the Bills is probably mistaken, just based on the size and scope of our injury report - YIKES

Josh allen

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"Bad luck CJ"?

I'm (mostly) just explaining how the Steelers fans in my neighborhood see it. 

As far as "how to stop Josh Allen", I'll refer you to Brett Kollman's The Film Room episode, you watch and decide if he's noticed some things, or if he's delusional.  I will warn you that it requires some suspension of disbelief immediately as he keeps referring to the 2021 Bills Dolphins games as though the first one was a success (the score was 35-0 and while the passing game was limited, the run game gained 143 yds 108 of which were from RBs) and the second one not far behind it (score was 26-11 and 249 passing yards).

Non sense. This guy likes hearing himself talk. Josh hits McKenzie in the fourth quarter for that TD nobody bothers to click on this video. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Non sense. This guy likes hearing himself talk. Josh hits McKenzie in the fourth quarter for that TD nobody bothers to click on this video. 

Let me add, that teams (even the Bills) are still finding themselves in the 1st 4-5 weeks of the season and making adjustments.  

Sometimes teams fly out of the gate first 4-5 weeks and look amazing and teams adjust and then lose out.  

Other teams come out without an identity and figure it out and go on a run.  

So to say the Dolphins figured out how to stop allen is stupid.  It used to be to blitz allen, he figured it out, then cover 2/3, he figured it out.  Now teams are trying more and more to disguise coverages to try and make him misstep.  

Stupid video 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Remember when the league had “figured out” Mahomes last year? How’s that looking now?

I'm a homer, but Mahomes does not impress me anywhere near as much as Allen does. That flip pass that people were swooning over? Allen made a similar pass to Knox for a TD. I don't recall people swooning then. To be fair, Allen really has gotten a lot of attention lately, but it seems that Mahomes gets praised mostly for his flashy trick plays, like no-look passes or sidearm throws. Meanwhile, Allen is doing all that AND trucking people.

I know, I know, it's ok for both of them to be good.  But I get jealous of any praise that's directed at a rival. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.