Worried about Cook……is it too early?

streetkings01

21 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Weekly occurrence!! 

Cook fumbled against LA, he got benched.  Singletary coughs it up today, keeps playing. Let's not act like Cook has gotten a fair shake so far and anyone trying to claim he sucks based on a couple touches each game 4 games into the season doesn't know what they're talking about.

9 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

No……based on the first 4 weeks of the season.

Moss is just as careless with ball……he’s been benched in the past because of it.

Absolutely ridiculous to think anyone can accurately critique Cook 4 games in with few amount of touches he's had.

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Shakir played his first NFL regular season game today and he was not shaky at all. 

Agree on Cook, we need to see more of him before we judge him.  

He played in his first regular season game against Tennessee and had 2 targets and 0 catches.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Cook fumbled against LA, he got benched.  Singletary coughs it up today, keeps playing. Let's not act like Cook has gotten a fair shake so far and anyone trying to claim he sucks based on a couple touches each game 4 games into the season doesn't know what they're talking about.

Yes, but Singletary is the vet.  Plus this team is supposed to be SB bound, so Cook isn't going to get a lot of leeway.  Unless he's lights out going into games, he's going to get what he gets right now.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Heeeyy... I was a EJ Manuel fan

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Everyone need to understand Cook was a home run swing because the bench is loaded.

he might be a miss. And they still have a great roster 

Not sure if he's a miss yet but at this point he's definitely a foul ball

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

He’s a RB……they don’t take long to develop. With the position he plays he’s definitely open for critiquing.

LMAO.  You actually have to get a real chance to play to accurately critique a player.  If you call 1 target today a real chance, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

Yes, but Singletary is the vet.  Plus this team is supposed to be SB bound, so Cook isn't going to get a lot of leeway.  Unless he's lights out going into games, he's going to get what he gets right now.

So if he's not going to get some real playing time, how is it people think they can accurately critique him, especially when this team's running game is near non-existent anyway and these vets you speak of aren't doing much of anything either?

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So if he's not going to get some real playing time, how is it people think they can accurately critique him, especially when this team's running game is near non-existent anyway and these vets you speak of aren't doing much of anything either?

If Sing fumbles, I think that he will regroup.  If Cook fumbles then it's a crapshoot.  I know that I'm not giving the rook a chance, and I own that.  Still, if you get a chance to do the little things in a game, I don't know, like catching a single pass, then do that.  If you get a chance to have a carry, don't fumble.  If you do those things then, as a rookie, on a comparably stacked team, you will get more chances.

Edited by TheCockSportif

I have a little observation about Cook from warmups today. I was in the front row by the Bills endzone where they were doing their pregame stuff.  

Cook and McKenzie came out around 12:25 with the kickers. McKenzie was shagging punts and kickoffs. Cook was milling around, doing nothing. Just chill. He watched a practice kickoff land right at his feet, he made no attempt to catch it. Mckenzie sorta looked at cook with his hands up like “dude, cmon, make an effort”.  I commented to my son, look at this guy Cook, he’s just slouching around making no effort to catch a practice punt or a KO.  I’m not even sure why he came out early. He talks to no one, he shows zero energy or juice. When he finally gets the ball in a game he drops it. I just don’t see a reason why he’s on the active roster right now.  I’m a firm believer you play how you practice. and he should’ve been handling the football at every opportunity in warm ups.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Cook needs to make the most of his opportunities!! He's not in Georgia anymore

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.