Cowherd killing Bills coaching in his monologue

zow2

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

he wasn't talking about 13 seconds

Oops my bad......  

Yes everything that could go wrong, did go wrong Sunday....  One of those games, but yes the randomness and the fact it has happened over and over to the Bills the past 2.5 years is hard to comprehend.

One other thing to note is that in many of these close losses the Bills have lost games when inside the 10 yard line and not able to score.  This to me appears a coaching/play calling issue (can say the same about the Chargers and they fired their coach probably for that reason). 

21 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Oops my bad......  

Yes everything that could go wrong, did go wrong Sunday....  One of those games, but yes the randomness and the fact it has happened over and over to the Bills the past 2.5 years is hard to comprehend.

One other thing to note is that in many of these close losses the Bills have lost games when inside the 10 yard line and not able to score.  This to me appears a coaching/play calling issue (can say the same about the Chargers and they fired their coach probably for that reason). 

I listed it in another thread though - Tennessee, Jacksonville, New England, Miami.... the common theme in all those "couldn't score at the end" losses is major blown plays by the offensive line. The one defeat (other than KC which everyone knows was mostly coaching) that doesn't fit into that category is Tampa where I know Diggs got held and there should have been a flag but the playcall at the end of throwing a fade to the corner of the endzone on 3rd down was a poor coaching decision IMO. Obviously we then lost on an awful defensive blitz call in overtime too but a touchdown would have won it in regulation. 

I think the single biggest factor in most of our defeats in close games since the start of last year has been bad offensive line play. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I listed it in another thread though - Tennessee, Jacksonville, New England, Miami.... the common theme in all those "couldn't score at the end" losses is major blown plays by the offensive line. The one defeat (other than KC which everyone knows was mostly coaching) that doesn't fit into that category is Tampa where I know Diggs got held and there should have been a flag but the playcall at the end of throwing a fade to the corner of the endzone on 3rd down was a poor coaching decision IMO. Obviously we then lost on an awful defensive blitz call in overtime too but a touchdown would have won it in regulation. 

I think the single biggest factor in most of our defeats in close games since the start of last year has been bad offensive line play. 

But to be in the redzone and continually foiled in late game situations has to be addressed.  

And the last time we won a game inside the 10, was on the PI/Holding call (correct) vs. the Rams, which was a Tom Brady(esque) call.....😉

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.