Miami home field sun advantage and why this is wrong on so many levels

oldschoolfootball1963

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

It was no issue when we won there in September last season 35-0.

Not every year is going to be the same weather condition wise.  Obviously with the number of heat related issues players were having, and with how many guys talked about how it was one of the worst weather games they have ever been a part of due to the heat and humidity and the sun being out all game, I am pretty sure it was much worse today.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

The Heat definitely played a factor in the game but I also think the 63 pass attempts didn’t help either. Diggs was cramping and Olineman were dropping like flies and were so gassed they couldn’t pass protect late in the game. Offense was on the field the majority of the 2nd half 

Of it wasn’t for that errant throw on 4th and goal we win anyway. Our offense couldn’t take deep shots and had to take the short stuff all game. It didn’t help playing that way, but that’s the way Miami played us and we still should have took it. Oh well, of all the ways to lose, that’s about the best you can ask for. 

One way Bills could have helped their own players was to slow the game down. They ran 90 offensive plays. How many of those do you think they took down to under 3 seconds before snapping the ball? Not many. They should have thought of that pre-game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not every year is going to be the same weather condition wise.  Obviously with the number of heat related issues players were having, and with how many guys talked about how it was one of the worst weather games they have ever been a part of due to the heat and humidity and the sun being out all game, I am pretty sure it was much worse today.

This Bills team got to see the Miami heat like no time before in the Allen/McDermott era. I personally never gave the heat it’s due respect either. Crazy how that worked for the fish. 

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The Ravens won the super bowl with Trent Fn Dilfer. We have Josh Allen, come on, so tired of this BS. 

Ok but that has totally no relevance to the unfair advantage of one team over another...I mean your comment makes absolutely no sense at all concerning a very valid discussion....anywhere else in the league both teams play on an equal field except here in miami...for one team to be in the shade and 20 degrees cooler all game and the other to be in direct sunlight all game is an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lmao now we are truly Pats fans. 9-2 in our last 11 against Miami but we have to crusade against the Sun 

I dont even care about the game result. It seems unwise to have players physically exerting themselves to the limits in what feels like 110-degree weather and then unable to utilize shade when they aren't playing. Recipe for disaster.

I mean that is what happened right? The dolphins dont have tents on their side so we couldn't either, but they didn't need it because their side is technically in the shade anyway? I did see people holding tents over Josh Allen from time to time. Is that violating the rule? Or since they are physically holding it, its ok?

11 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

This Bills team got to see the Miami heat like no time before in the Allen/McDermott era. I personally never gave the heat it’s due respect either. Crazy how that worked for the fish. 

Brilliant stadium design that makes sure 1pm games feature full sun for the opposing team sideline and full shade for the Dolphins' sideline

• Agree 1

Each stadium offers its own level of homefield advantage.

For some teams (such as Buffalo), that edge comes from weather.  Our hometown players get used to the snow and wind, while the visiting domed/warm-weather teams often struggle to get acclimated.  They say that Seattle was built to amplify sound, making it incredibly difficult for visiting offenses to communicate.  Denver's stadium is at a higher altitude, which results in lower oxygen levels and causes visiting teams to get gassed more easily.  At the Meadowlands, stadium officials were known to open the tunnel doors when visiting teams were kicking and close them for the Jets/Giants.

Normally these types of things don't bother me.  But what I saw yesterday was definitely on a different level.  There were dozens of players going down with heat stroke, heat related illness, etc.  I've never witnessed that in a football game before.  Coaches and players have often talked about the heat-advantage at the Dolphins stadium, but this seemed remarkably unsafe.  Not sure if there is a solution though, other than make Miami play in the later time slot during the early part of the season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I dont even care about the game result. It seems unwise to have players physically exerting themselves to the limits in what feels like 110-degree weather and then unable to utilize shade when they aren't playing. Recipe for disaster.

I mean that is what happened right? The dolphins dont have tents on their side so we couldn't either, but they didn't need it because their side is technically in the shade anyway? I did see people holding tents over Josh Allen from time to time. Is that violating the rule? Or since they are physically holding it, its ok?

Right because this has been brought up so much over the last 4 years. But we don’t care about the loss. Lmao

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.