Bright spot: the running backs

Success

Singletary is just so consistently good.  100% effort on every play - big runs, and nice catches that he turns into good gains.

Moss was being pretty maligned - but he had a GREAT run in the 2nd half, and then a pretty big 3rd down conversion.

Cook looked great, both running & catching passes.  Today was the guy I expected when we drafted him.

It would be good if we could get more of a running game actually going, consistently.  I think we have the talent to do it.  A lot will come down to the blocking schemes, but I thought all 3 guys gave a great effort today and showed some skills.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Singletary was terrible running the ball today. And he caught everything but also had some terrible decisions on where he should go with the ball in his hands and hesitancy which was always his issue. 

have to disagree with you on just about everything here today. Our backs are not good 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Singletary is just so consistently good.  100% effort on every play - big runs, and nice catches that he turns into good gains.

Moss was being pretty maligned - but he had a GREAT run in the 2nd half, and then a pretty big 3rd down conversion.

Cook looked great, both running & catching passes.  Today was the guy I expected when we drafted him.

It would be good if we could get more of a running game actually going, consistently.  I think we have the talent to do it.  A lot will come down to the blocking schemes, but I thought all 3 guys gave a great effort today and showed some skills.

You are being facetious, aren't you? 

James Cook is still a ball of nerves out h there.  But once he settle down, he will be much much better.

Moss gets no respect but i like him.  2nd and goal from the one inch line late in the game give him the ball to plow ahead, and if not give it to him on 3rd and 4th down too.  Just a mistake not to.  He knows where the end zone is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'm not!  I like how all 3 played.  I probably should have worded things differently, though - we really need to run more. These guys all have talent.

They also paint a picture for the defense as they know what’s happening when they see certain guys on offense. 

for example, you aren’t running the ball if Cook is on the field. So the defense can expect a passing play and would be correct probably 99% of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We need play action to be part of the attack.....when we get pass happy we do ourselves no favors.   The defense needs to be kept honest. 

The Dolphins Dline just pinned their ears back.  We really need Morse back.

We ran 83 plays.

Josh threw or ran the ball on 71 of them.  

By the 4th Q the Dolphins knew what we were doing.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

No game (in recent Bills history) shows that the Bills need to work on the running game more than what we saw today.

It goes a lot deeper than the individual RB stats.

The passing game does work but no team can be one sided.   Dorsey needs to address the elephant in the room.

He has to convince Beane to draft an actual good one for once?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

He has to convince Beane to draft an actual good one for once?

While the talent at RB can be debated, I truly believe that the running game has not been schemed and the effort

has not nearly been invested compared to the passing game.

Don't get me wrong, the passing game takes priority, it's just that you have to show a capable running game to defenses.

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Singletary was terrible running the ball today. And he caught everything but also had some terrible decisions on where he should go with the ball in his hands and hesitancy which was always his issue. 

have to disagree with you on just about everything here today. Our backs are not good 

James Cook looked like a weapon.  

The other two are just JAG running backs. 

Should acknowledge though.. Moss had the big run and made a big time conversion when he was dead to rights. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The running scheme is killing me. 

Not sure why we can’t draw up some of the same running plays that Miami ran today with the misdirection. Not that they ran super well, but there were at least some lanes for the back. 

Dorsey seems to be a wizard at the passing attack.  He needs to ask for input from his assistants in the running game.

What I just said is being speculative, but I think I could be right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.