It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

30 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I gotta give McDaniel credit for not sounding like every other HC in the league with the same generic and canned responses. He comes across as really genuine and doesn’t take himself too seriously. 

He doesn't sound like every other coach in the NFL, I'll give you that...but "really genuine"?  He can't possibly believe the crap he spews about Tua, can he?

• Haha (+1) 1

We are gonna kick some tail.

I noticed Tua's deep passes to Tyreek were about 3 yards underthrown, but Hill was so far ahead of the defender that he could slow down to wait for the ball and still have separation.

McDermott and Frazier will have seen it too. They will play our defensive backs very deep, and Tua doesn't have the arm strength to fire deep outs. 

I don't see them being able to stay with us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

It's funny you posted this because I remember this happening on the sideline during the game and I remember thinking to myself "DAMN!  Josh has got some hops on him!"

I think game time Josh outruns and jumps his timed metrics that we saw at the combines.   He truly is an athletic specimen.

Do you remember when in the game it was?  Because it's pretty impressive that Josh had that much extra energy.

I think in prep for the draft, Josh was just starting to work with the top athletic training technicians.  He kept it up after the draft, and since.  I don't know the real name of the guy he works with but in his interview with Chris Simms, Josh referred to him as "Flare (Flehr?  Flahr?) Bear", and in one of his post-draft interviews someone said it was the same guy Deshaun Watson trains with for speed/explosiveness.  So just as guys like Epenesa and Rousseau have gotten stronger and more explosive, so has Josh.

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Jamie is growing on me 

I'm not comparing him to Mahomes, proceeds to compare him to Mahomes. I guess it's less hype more wishful thinking. They're not saying he is this they're saying they hope he is because they like the story.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

He doesn't sound like every other coach in the NFL, I'll give you that...but "really genuine"?  He can't possibly believe the crap he spews about Tua, can he?

Yeah, does he genuinely believe Tua throws the most accurate, catchable ball he's ever seen?

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Wonder if he still thinks that after last week where Tua TWICE in the first half on wide open short throws to WRs on 3rd downs(Hill first and then Waddle) forced them to make acrobatic one handed catches that prevented them from picking up easy first downs and forced him to go for it both times from their own side of the field...once from the 35 and the other time from I think the 45 or 46.

17 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Jamie is growing on me 

The thing that has me rolling my eyes there about the Tua/Mahomes comparison that Schrags keeps saying he's not makiing - and again, not wanting to take away from Tua having a clutch 4Q performance - but what was notable about Mahomes in 2018 was that he came out the gate firing and he fired all over the field.  He scored points in the 1st and 2nd Q, he threw to 5 or 6 different receivers, he did not throw a pick for the first 4 weeks of the season.

So sure, I agree with his point that right now, was the win over the Ravens 4Q heroics against a poor defense that put their party hats on prematurely after going into halftime 28-7 and answering back 35-14 in the 3Q?  Or does it mean Tua has genuinely taken a big step as a QB? And that beating the Bills would be a strong argument for the latter.

But I think they need to just STOP with the Mahomes comparisons, because as of right now, Tua hasn't shown he's fit to hold Mahomes left cleat.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

There’s ANOTHER Tua?? 😳

LOL I'm taking Fitzy's word for it.  Note carefully that Fitz did not say Tue DOES excel at decision making and throwing with anticipation.  He said he COULD excel at those things.

But give the guy some credit.  He's not  completing 71% of his passes because he's inaccurate, holding onto the ball, and making bad decisions, either.

Edited by Beck Water

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm not comparing him to Mahomes, proceeds to compare him to Mahomes. I guess it's less hype more wishful thinking. They're not saying he is this they're saying they hope he is because they like the story.

mayhaps they didn’t want KC fans flooding Twitter at the non mention 😝 

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I feel VERY confident when I say this, Bills will absolutely NOT give up 40+ points. So confident that I'd take a full on golden shower to the face from a complete stranger if Bills somehow manage to let that happen.

Dude, I think this wins you Fan of the Year. Strong, like bull.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.