It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

34 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I said this in the Titan game posts and already have said the same thing in the Dolphins game posts.  

The thing is there is a contingent of posters that together post about 10-15% of the replies on this board who will not listen to

anything positive about this team.  I have learned to not take the bait no more.  You know you need that bait to troll.

The Bills have a tough game ahead of them on the road, especially with some injuries.  They will be favorites.  After that being said, there is no logical

argument that can be made to these "fans".

Woah… all this because I said that potentially missing Hyde is a bit of a concern considering two rookie Cb’s against Hill and Waddle?  I was only talking about our defense, and Hyde makes our secondary better.
You understand a fan can say very, very positive things, but also express a potential concern.  Unless you were referring to someone else, and then I apologize. 

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

What's amazing about Tua is 7 quarters of the season in and he's terrible and the thing holding the Dolphins back from being good, one quarter later and he's Dan Marino apparently.

That's pretty much how I see it.  Or, at best, after a fantastic quarter of football, everyone just fahgettabout an entire game against the Patriots where the Fins offense came up with 1 TD and 2 FG and Tua had a respectable but not splendid 242 net yards passing (3 sacks for 28 yds), then another half of football where Tua threw for 142 net yards (1 sack) and 2 INTs.

Tyreek Hill had 5 targets for 21 yds at the half.

So, in the 2nd half Tua went off for 5 TDs.

Fantastic for him, but one amazing half of football doesn't make him into Dan Marino.

Story time.  Back in 2005, the then St Louis Rams were mourning the waning of the 'Greatest Show on Turf'.  It had been 4 years since their SB loss, Mar Bulger was injured, and the Mad Mike Martz schtick was getting old.  So the Rams are getting their asses whipped 17-0 by the 1-10 Houston Texans, their backup QB Jamie Marten goes out, and in comes this 7th round rookie QB from Harvard.

You know who I'm talking about, right?  That was the first Fitzmagic Show, and at first it kind of squibbed.  But then, he completed a few passes and it was 24-3 and Fitz throws a pick.  Houston starts relaxing and poking each other on the sidelines.

Next thing you know, there's a Laser Light Show going off, Fitz passes for 310 yds and 3 TD plus a FG following an onside kick, and wins the game with a 4 TD in OT.

Rams fans were ecstatic.  They had Kurt Warner, American Underdog.  Then when he seemed irretrievably broken, they went to the playoffs 2x with Marc Bulger, who was drafted in the 6th round (before Brady) and spent several years bouncing around practice squads.  Now WTF, they defied the odds to pick up a QB who can lead such a fantastic comeback - from Harvard in the 7th round?

It didn't last of course.  Fitz got 3 subsequent starts, lost all 3 (throwing 5 INTs against Minn, and got shipped off to Cincinnati after the season.  The rest is history.

Anyway, good for Tua, and I hope he's a better QB in his 3rd season than Fitz was, and Congrats! to him on his 4 game passing for >300 yds and a fantastic performance passing for 6 TDs and a 4Q comeback.

But that's why I'm not all "gee let's annoint this guy the Next Big Thing" after one great half of football.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Woah… all this because I said that potentially missing Hyde is a bit of a concern considering two rookie Cb’s against Hill and Waddle?  I was only talking about our defense, and Hyde makes our secondary better.
You understand a fan can say very, very positive things, but also express a potential concern.  Unless you were referring to someone else, and then I apologize. 

I wasn't back tracking to your post.  I was commenting on the "Bills are playing offense too" aspect.  There was all kind of "concerns" about

the Bills D against the Titans and no real offset with the offense.  I'm starting to see the same thing with Tua and the WRs.

Watching the Phins/Ravens replay right now is NOT making me rethink my criticisms of Tua's traits: his arm strength IS subpar and he IS small. He CAN spin it accurately within the short and intermediate areas, especially between the hashes. And he CAN scoot around a little more than he gets credit for. BUT if he cannot set his base and follow-through, he cannot push it downfield with any velocity.

I liked the last TD to Waddle, that took some moxy, but overall he looked like a plucky, lucky, kinda limp-armed little guy who got really hot against a collapsing defense.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I wasn't back tracking to your post.  I was commenting on the "Bills are playing offense too" aspect.  There was all kind of "concerns" about

the Bills D against the Titans and no real offset with the offense.  I'm starting to see the same thing with Tua and the WRs.

Gotcha and fair enough. 
Agree our offense hangs with any in the league. Our D will have a challenge, but I’m sure McD will get ‘em ready for it. 

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Watching the Phins/Ravens replay right now is NOT making me rethink my criticisms of Tua's traits: his arm strength IS subpar and he IS small. He CAN spin it accurately within the short and intermediate areas, especially between the hashes. And he CAN scoot around a little more than he gets credit for. BUT if he cannot set his base and follow-through, he cannot push it downfield with any velocity.

I liked the last TD to Waddle, that took some moxy, but overall he looked like a plucky, lucky, kinda limp-armed little guy who got really hot against a collapsing defense.

To Von and company: This is where you all come into play!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

I’d be a bit worried without Micah in there. He’s a security blanket, especially when starting two rookies at CB, and putting them on Hill and Waddle… and my hunch is that he and Poyer think with one mind.  

Agree.  Hyde is the guy that would be running in under the duck that Tua trys to throw downfield for the INT.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tyreek had time to make a sandwich in the end zone at the end of the game between how fast he is, how long it takes the ball to arrive, and how bad the ravens secondary was. The ravens had the 32nd ranked pass D in 2021 and still do

Not just that, but overall their D last year was not good.  19th on points.   Wink Martindale was the sacrificial goat for the policy of letting some of the key players walk out of the building and others age out.  I'm not convinced yet that Mike MacDonald is any improvement; if the idea was maybe Wink's D was outdated, not sure 1 year in college qualified his long-time assistant to bring innovations.

Before that, the Ravens truly had a hard-hitting top ranked stifling D for 5 years and I think they still carry a halo from that reputation.

Edited by Beck Water

Fin fans are hilarious...Tua has one good quarter and many are saying he is on Allen's level or close to it.

There isn't one GM that would take Tua over Allen including their own.

I feel bad they have to watch what's going to happen for the next decade.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Fin fans are hilarious...Tua has one good quarter and many are saying he is on Allen's level or close to it.

There isn't one GM that would take Tua over Allen including their own.

I feel bad they have to watch what's going to happen for the next decade.

I think the reality is week 2 is over, got to pump up week 3.

3 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

More fun from Dolphin Land…. https://finheaven.com/threads/josh-allen-tua-stats-comparison.374322/

This thread is amazing. I’ve never seen such delusion. They’re honestly comparing the stats of Allen and Tua in the first two games… and then go on to talk about how ‘douchey’ Allen is (because he talks smack on the field and whines to refs), and that he’s got karma coming to him.  Enjoy. 

I just read that entire thread.  Man those guys are delusional.  I get it that they are Miami fans and maybe I had some Homer in me when Fitz looked good or something but I was never talking about how Fitz is just as good or better than Brady lmao.  These guys actually think Tua is the best Qb in the league based on one quarter of good football.

We have some injuries.  They have some dangerous weapons and its possible we may even lose.  I dont think we do but Im not going to sit here and act like its not possible.  I think those guys are in for some dissapointment this season and about Tua.  I think Tua is decent but that guy is not nor will ever be elite IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Did you also notice two inaccurate throws on 3rd down and 5 or 6 that were inaccurate and forced one hand catches from Waddle and Hill that pulled them away from the sticks and forced his coach to go for it on 4th down in his own end of the field? Once from their own 35 and once around their 45 or 46. Good throws gives them easy first downs there...they converted both times but those easily could have gone the other way and given the Ravens short fields in a game they already had a huge lead in.

Watched both games this year and Tua still makes a lot of boneheaded decisions and bad throws. Ball hangs on anything over 20 yards. He got picked twice and probably should have been picked a third time against Baltimore. He got away with a few throws and a few other plays he almost out the ball in harms way against the Pats in week 1.

I just am not really impressed with 1 quarter of good play.

Dude scored 13 points game one and 14 game 2 through 3 quarters. It wasn't until Baltimore inexplicably started blowing coverages and couldn't execute even the most basic coverage against them that they started putting up points. Great for him that he took advantage, but that's not going to happen too often.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I just read that entire thread.  Man those guys are delusional.

I'm impressed by your fortitude.  I couldn't get past the

Record of Opponants (sic):
Josh....1-3
Tua.....2-2

How can opponents have a 4 game record (1-3 or 2-2) when.....wait for it....we've only played 2 games?

• Haha (+1) 1

Mac Tua Taylor Fitz vs.

Josh Patrick TB12 

Tua needs all 21 (O + D) above avg guys around him. Whereas Josh Patrick Tom elevate all players, both sides of ball.

I think we have proof of the importance to keep swinging for “well above avg QB.” Until you get him. (Tua and Mac are not It)

Edited by Since1981

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm impressed by your fortitude.  I couldn't get past the

Record of Opponants (sic):
Josh....1-3
Tua.....2-2

How can opponents have a 4 game record (1-3 or 2-2) when.....wait for it....we've only played 2 games?

Omg I thought the same thing.  I just figured I didnt understand the stat or something haha.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Omg I thought the same thing.  I just figured I didnt understand the stat or something haha.

Thinking a bit further...I guess he is summing the opponents total W-L record, including the game played against us.

It's just a strange way of thinking about it at this point in the season when every team started out 0-0 and there's a lot of random chance in who a team's first 2 opponents were.

It amounts to arguing that the Dolphins are a better team because the G-men snuck out a win when Tenn's FG kicker missed a 47 yarder, while the Pats snuck by Pittsburgh 17-14.  Maybe when the dust settles NE will be a better team than Tennessee this year, but it's too early to tell.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Thinking a bit further...I guess he is summing the opponents total W-L record, including the game played against us.

It's just a strange way of thinking about it at this point in the season when every team started out 0-0 and there's a lot of random chance in who a team's first 2 opponents were.

yeah I dunno very weird stat.  I kinda get it.  We were there with a terrible team for a long time.  Miami has been mediocre for a while now.  They got something to be excited about this week.  Of course they are going to stretch the truths and start dreaming how they can win the SB.  Some of those guys are just in pure lala fantasy land though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.