Are we being purposely divided?

Matt_In_NH

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Absentee ballots take time to arrive.  I prefer to follow the rule of law and to count them.  Apparently you feel differently.  Sick.  

In Pennsylvania the law states that ballots must be received by Election day, but they still counted the ones that arrived late. Apparently you don't like the rule of law. Sick

27 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Nice post.   For C3, the word "Hoax" is like a Tourette's tic, you can't take it too seriously because he's not really serious.  He's doing large scale trolling here, that's all.

Sadly, he's not.

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If I may, I think it comes down to what motivates people.  My personal theory is that "what" is self-interest.  Everybody acts out of pure self-interest.  Even people that claim to act out of kindness and altruism are doing it because it makes them "feel" better about themselves.  Or perhaps they have some ulterior motive?  or some level of compensation tied to what they believe or don't believe.  If you examine those self-interests you'll understand the motivation a person has to believe or view things in a particular way.  

There are a few exceptions to this theory.  And as Football season opens tomorrow with the Bills setting off on what we hope is a Championship season I'd like to flag one of them.  And one of those exceptions is anyone that officiates or judges any type of sporting event.  Football, baseball, soccer, basketball, other sports, on any level.  Regardless of what fans think at times, the fact these people manage to remain neutral and disregard their own interests or favorite teams is admirable.  I salute you. 

You may indeed, sir!  This is a discussion forum, and I'm happy to hear your thoughts.  

Your point is noted, and I don't disagree.  I believe, and have shared with others on this board, that context matters in politics.  For all the back and forth, all the ugliness on this board from time to time, there are precious few people read into all the relevant facts on any given topic.  There are fewer still who possess the expertise to diagnose and offer opinions that are objective, nuanced and thoughtful on any given subject.  

What that leaves us with is a whole lot of 'self-interest'.  I've mentioned in the past that one of my good friends is a position of authority at the NYS AGs office.  He's a declared liberal, and would not have anything positive to say about Trump.  However, when we discuss issues in context, he's thoughtful, reflective and responds accordingly.  For instance, when someone here declares that no one is above the law, and I point out that there have been many, many people above the law throughout history, the response might be "Well I don't want to talk about that.".  In his case, when I dropped an Eliot Spitzer reference during a Trump conversation a few years back, he acknowledged the point, laughed and acknowledged he didn't see that whole debacle coming.   

The point is simple, really.  When I asked Matt_in_NH to share his feelings about democrat divisiveness, it's because context is important to me.  That he opted to pass on any additional dialogue is fine, but from my perspective, his opinion lacks the thoughtful and reflective response that might help me understand why one is a major hot button issue, and the other is not.  

Anyway, thanks for the response.  Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You can stop proving my point but I appreciate your acknowledgement that I was correct. What I find interesting is you think it takes 5 days for mail to travel across the state of Pennsylvania when I can get Amazon to ship me stuff with 2 days from across the country

I prefer enfranchisement to speed.  You prefer hoaxes to truth.  Potato potatoh. 

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't represent MAGA in any shape or form.  So that is no consequence to my view.  I only represent myself.  I provided my personal opinion on how the "rule of law" is applied in a conditional and inconsistent fashion.  I've seen it firsthand in various court and legal situations.  I've seen it demonstrated in cases that have been reported and followed in the MSM and online media and in the press.  There is no absolute standard in the enforcement and application of the rule of law.  

The difference in how it is applied is governed by two factors, money and power.  If you've got power and/or money the rule of law for you is different than the rule of law is for somebody with no power and/or no money.  That's reality.  Power and money tilt the scales of justice to a more favorable position.  You can say hoax all you want until the end of time.  That won't change reality.  That won't change my opinion.  That won't change the system where power and money matter.  It just demonstrates your unwillingness to recognize and acknowledge it.  

Hoax. You’re part of MAGA.  

29 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  We’re not the ones trying to perpetrate election fraud.   That’s MAGA. 

Hoax.  You either can't or refuse to see it.  But no matter, we're here to call you on your hypocritical bull####.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This begs the question for non-cyborgs:  Why is political and societal divisiveness applauded and supported when undertaken by one party and its supporters, and a threat to our very way of life when the shoe is on the other foot? 

I was going to start my own topic, but this title would have been far too long.  

@muppy, I am calling on you to contribute. 

Why do the party sycophants fall in line? That is the question right? 

Why do they vilify the opponent then justify their hero for the same?

my simple theory there are people who challenge ideas, consider thing with skepticism and have an fundamental understanding of the realities behind the  business of politics. 

then outside of them, you have people who need to be part of a tribe, told what to think, who to believe. Blind faith is comforting, no matter where one can choose to put it. Some people are happy enough with that. And their blind faith avails them the luxury of never equating the  corrupt thing the guy they hate did to the corrupt thing the guy they worship did. It’s like a western movie with good guys vs bad guys. It’s simple… tangible…. Digital …. Fathomable…

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Neither do the Democrats.

But But they were peaceful protests they did nothing violent or against the law those fires and the beating of innocent people & breaking into gov't buildings were all done in a peaceful fashion just to get our points across and show our frustration ... 😜 And the democratic leaders in those area's all agree with us .

But that dam dictator Trump wanted to send in the national guard to restore law & order he's just a control freak & a tyrant that doesn't understand what a peaceful protest is .

16 hours ago, muppy said:

leo the part of your post I quoted is a false premise. Since when is societal divisiveness and being labeled a threat to your very life applauded and supported? Not by Me.  In fact Ive had to squelch some friends whose politics were so one sided It just got to be too much drama and angst for me.. I didnt applaud, not did the division I felt give me an ounce of pleasure. Only pain hermano. The chasm is vast. I dont applaud it.  *raspberries* POOP thats what I think its sad, unfortunate and it stinks. This is why I give all of this to the Lord. It;s a deity sized problem. I dont like it and I dont know the solution.

m

Seniorita Muppito Concetta Alonso, I wasn’t intending to suggest you individually embraced divisiveness.   While we do not always agree, and you were somewhat mean about my avatar in calling me a dullard, I appreciate your feedback and have learned and grown from it. 

Big picture, however, it’s impossible to deny that divisiveness is a national pastime.  There is ample evidence that the Dems participate and encourage exactly that type of behavior on a daily basis, while some folks don’t want to acknowledge it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, T master said:

But But they were peaceful protests they did nothing violent or against the law those fires and the beating of innocent people & breaking into gov't buildings were all done in a peaceful fashion just to get our points across and show our frustration ... 😜 And the democratic leaders in those area's all agree with us .

But that dam dictator Trump wanted to send in the national guard to restore law & order he's just a control freak & a tyrant that doesn't understand what a peaceful protest is .

Slight correction, but an important one: the President doesn’t “send in the National Guard”. He approves access to the Guard so that the local government authorities can utilize them. And when they don’t….you end up with January 6th. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

So you’re saying the republicans got the idea from the democrats?

Nope.  I’m saying they were distracted when the Capitol was invaded and when stop the steal was going on.  That’s the only explanation I can think of for their failure to condemn those acts of treason. 

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Seniorita Muppito Concetta Alonso, I wasn’t intending to suggest you individually embraced divisiveness.   While we do not always agree, and you were somewhat mean about my avatar in calling me a dullard, I appreciate your feedback and have learned and grown from it. 

Big picture, however, it’s impossible to deny that divisiveness is a national pastime.  There is ample evidence that the Dems participate and encourage exactly that type of behavior on a daily basis, while some folks don’t want to acknowledge it. 

lol You're silly. I will wait for you to approach me regarding a new avatar. I think Im quite adept at picking them out though.

and the rest amigo? I only can speak for myself up in here. I don't even pretend to have the brain bandwidth to be more eloquent regarding the big political picture. I think the picture is like a broken mirror.  Emphasis on the Broken.  I am not a person who enjoys political conflict clearly. I take my lurker peanut gallery status in PPP as my best look. haha

No shock there. whew. Go Bills-God Bless the USA- arrivi derci .

sincerely Muppita. The "A" in espanol is feminine gender, male is "O" 🙂

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Slight correction, but an important one: the President doesn’t “send in the National Guard”. He approves access to the Guard so that the local government authorities can utilize them. And when they don’t….you end up with January 6th. 

Hoax.  You end up with January 6th when a bunch of brainwashed morons buy lies that a deluded narcissist peddled about his electoral loss and the follow the exhortations of that narcissist to ask.  Don’t believe me?  Ask John Eastman when the statute of limitations expires on the crimes he may have committed surmount that period.   Maybe then he won’t hide behind the fifth and will speak about his misconduct. 

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  You end up with January 6th when a bunch of brainwashed morons buy lies that a deluded narcissist peddled about his electoral loss and the follow the exhortations of that narcissist to ask.  Don’t believe me?  Ask John Eastman when the statute of limitations expires on the crimes he may have committed surmount that period.   Maybe then he won’t hide behind the fifth and will speak about his misconduct. 

Hoax.  You get one day of stupidity versus 4+ years of it. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, muppy said:

lol You're silly. I will wait for you to approach me regarding a new avatar. I think Im quite adept at picking them out though.

and the rest amigo? I only can speak for myself up in here. I don't even pretend to have the brain bandwidth to be more eloquent regarding the big political picture. I think the picture is like a broken mirror.  Emphasis on the Broken.  I am not a person who enjoys political conflict clearly. I take my lurker peanut gallery status in PPP as my best look. haha

No shock there. whew. Go Bills-God Bless the USA- arrivi derci .

sincerely Muppita. The "A" in espanol is feminine gender, male is "O" 🙂

m

I see language gender as part of the last vestiges of the patriarchy, Mupp.  I’m doing my part to detoxify the civil landscape.

Noted for the future though. 

😎

• Like (+1) 2