Pete

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

Sort of like OJ and AC?

I wonder if Reggie McKenzie was glad that he was no longer OJ's "Main Man."

46 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I really like Mike Love.

How do you feel about Mike Like?

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Funny guys like Blackshear and Hodgins are the guys many wanted on the roster. McCloud, Tenuta, and Owen people hated and they are the ones that get signed. 

There's a moral in that story somewhere.

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

A quick rundown of former Bills now on other teams the last 2 years.

- DE Darryl Johnson traded to Carolina for a 6th rd pick.  Bills used this pick on Christian Benford.  Panthers released him yesterday.  Claimed by Seahawks.

- released G Jack Anderson.  Signed to Bills PS.  Eagles grabbed him.  Eagles released him yesterday.  Claimed by Giants

- released Rachad Wildgoose.  Signed to Bills PS.  Jets grabbed him.  Jets released him yesterday.  Claimed by Washington

- traded G Cody Ford to Arizona for 2023 5th rd pick.

- released TE OJ Howard.  Looks like he's signing with Bengals

- released DB Nick McCloud.  Claimed by Giants

- released OT Luke Tenuta.  Claimed by Indy

- released OL Tanner Owen.  Claimed by Saints

- released DE Kingsley Jonathan.  Claimed by Bears

Just crazy the number of players who can't make Bills roster but end up somewhere else.

McCloud was someone I thought would make the 53 yesterday.  Sad to see him go.

Keeping Love over Jonathan is a wash.

Tanner Owen was not impressive from what I seen.  Same with Tenuta.

Like I said in my earlier post, Beane needs to look for TEs, DBs and OL (Mancz signed) only for the PS.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Keeping Blackshear and Hodgins is a big win.  Giles-Harris looked really good to me as well.  

I think a reality check is in order. They are Practice Squad players who weren't signed to 31 other active rosters. Glad they're sticking around but it's hardly a "big win".

Just now, ExWNYer said:

I think a reality check is in order. They are Practice Squad players who weren't signed to 31 other active rosters. Glad they're sticking around but it's hardly a "big win".

I'll think Blackshear has a chance to make the team next year when Singletarry is probably gone until we inevitably draft another RB in the middle rounds.

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Keeping Blackshear and Hodgins is a big win.  Giles-Harris looked really good to me as well.  

Agreed 100%.  MA and Howard were rough, but I think everything else went as well as it could from preseason on. 

If we can land Martin, we are in good shape.  

Right now, the only real question mark I have is how well Elam is going to be out the gate.  Hopefully his learning curve is quick and can hold his own.  Week 1 is going to be a test 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

McCloud was someone I thought would make the 53 yesterday.  Sad to see him go.

Keeping Love over Jonathan is a wash.

Tanner Owen was not impressive from what I seen.  Same with Tenuta.

Like I said in my earlier post, Beane needs to look for TEs, DBs and OL only for the PS.

McCloud was likely the last guy cut.  Between him and Cam Lewis. 

Morris and Sweeney made the 53 in large part because they were likely to lose them if cut imo.  Morris might turn into a nice player.  Sweeney is JAG.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I'll think Blackshear has a chance to make the team next year when Singletarry is probably gone until we inevitably draft another RB in the middle rounds.

Maybe, maybe not. I was pulling for him because it would be a cool story and my older son is a VA Tech grad. But every year Bills fans get weirdly attached to fringe roster guys, RBs in particular.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.