Practice Squad

Pete

5 hours ago, eball said:

Barkley is 100% going to be there.  Who knows, Davis Webb may join him.

I’d like to see Duke Johnson brought back.  He looked good to me in preseason.  Blackshear also.

Figure that several of the O-linemen will come back.

Forget Webb.  Bring in Chris Streveler just to mess with Jets fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

God bless guys like Mike Love. He’s been at this for the past few years and hasn’t been able to crack the 53. Yeah, the money is good on the practice squad, but at some point that has to get to you mentally. 

I really like Mike Love. An incredibly high motor guy who you wish had that one extra gear.

• Like (+1) 1

A quick rundown of former Bills now on other teams the last 2 years.

- DE Darryl Johnson traded to Carolina for a 6th rd pick.  Bills used this pick on Christian Benford.  Panthers released him yesterday.  Claimed by Seahawks.

- released G Jack Anderson.  Signed to Bills PS.  Eagles grabbed him.  Eagles released him yesterday.  Claimed by Giants

- released Rachad Wildgoose.  Signed to Bills PS.  Jets grabbed him.  Jets released him yesterday.  Claimed by Washington

- traded G Cody Ford to Arizona for 2023 5th rd pick.

- released TE OJ Howard.  Looks like he's signing with Bengals

- released DB Nick McCloud.  Claimed by Giants

- released OT Luke Tenuta.  Claimed by Indy

- released OL Tanner Owen.  Claimed by Saints

- released DE Kingsley Jonathan.  Claimed by Bears

Just crazy the number of players who can't make Bills roster but end up somewhere else.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nice. 

While I’m really bummed about mccloud getting scooped, I’m happy to get Bryant, Blackshear and Love back.  All 3 show signs of being able to make a play if the opportunity presents itself.  

I’d love to add Duke too, but I think he’s good enough to make a roster.  Apparently all the nfl GMs disagree with me, so maybe there’s a chance

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

God bless guys like Mike Love. He’s been at this for the past few years and hasn’t been able to crack the 53. Yeah, the money is good on the practice squad, but at some point that has to get to you mentally. 

He's akin to a career minor leaguer in baseball.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.