Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And from what the victims attorney has tweeted since he was cut, it appears he was using the Bills and Araiza. The victim deserves better and better representation.

It cast some doubt on how much involvement Araiza actually had or were he and the Bills just used for PR?

The fact he was so condescending, almost like a “how dare you come at me like that” response to his legal rep, followed by a lie about money according to texts he released and saying an apology and donation could have saved him makes me believe Matt Araiza is more so guilty of wrong place, wrong time than what he’s accused. 

I believe something terrible happened to her that night, but I’m really not sure Araiza was involved to the extent alleged. 

He was let down by his lawyer, and this woman is being let down by hers. 

Two young peoples lives destroyed, and two adults hired to protect them are standing over the rubble of their futures.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

When I was at UB I hooked up with a few Canisius girls.  I never asked if it was college or high school.

IIRC, because Canisius High School is all boys. 😆 

[FWIW, BFLo area is like the epicenter for non-coed education]

2 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Canisus is an all boys high school dumbass

😆... Glad he wasn't hitting on the Villa girls that's where my sister went! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The fact he was so condescending, almost like a “how dare you come at me like that” response to his legal rep, followed by a lie about money according to texts he released and saying an apology and donation could have saved him makes me believe Matt Araiza is more so guilty of wrong place, wrong time than what he’s accused. 

I believe something terrible happened to her that night, but I’m really not sure Araiza was involved to the extent alleged. 

Two young peoples lives destroyed, and two adults hired to protect them are standing over the rubble of their futures.   

Yea, it casts doubt to what he actually submitted in the civil filling.

Her lawyer is bordering on unethical behaviour or at the least admitting to extortion. If you would have made a donation, read: pay me out, then none of this would have come out? Really?

It really does seem like wrong place and wrong time for Araiza. 

And it seems like the press isn’t really going after or questioning anything her attorney has said since.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

When I was at UB I hooked up with a few Canisius girls.  I never asked if it was college or high school.

It is so strange the victims lawyer leaked the diary that said that.  Makes me think there’s a lot of info that isn’t public and some of it may be positive for Matt.  I’m still very happy we cut him just based on what we know now though he’s just way too close to all of this and at the end of the day he had sex with a drunk 17 year old no matter how you slice it 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He led her to a room where two of his teammates found her.. In a house he resided in.  That's bad, very bad... Complicit as hell!  Who's room was it? He has to know, he lives there!

He accessory to the crime if it can be proven. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

9 minutes ago, BTB said:

With “perhaps” being the keyword.  There was no way an apology and a donation was going to make this go away. 

Just strictly based on her lawyers actions it really seems like he knows Matt wasn’t involved with the gang rape and they thought they could bully him into a settlement to avoid a statutory rape charge because that will likely be a tossup in a court room.  Of course he could just be a bad lawyer that’s presenting his clients side like that accidentally though 

It seems like it’s being rumored that there may be some witnesses that said Matt wasn’t in the house when the gang rape occurred and that would make some logical sense based on what her lawyer has been doing and it would also explain somewhat why the criminal investigation is taking so long.  No idea if it’s true though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea, it casts doubt to what he actually submitted in the civil filling.

Her lawyer is bordering on unethical behaviour or at the least admitting to extortion. If you would have made a donation, read: pay me out, then none of this would have come out? Really?

It really does seem like wrong place and wrong time for Araiza. 

And it seems like the press isn’t really going after or questioning anything her attorney has said since.

The press is useless.  Pretty sure most of the reporters took the accusations at face value and believed them from jump.   They all have agendas and gone are the days where they seem to be able to convey impartiality. 

Any reporters who may have questions, likely feel that there’s too much self-righteous anger coming their way if they dare question anything about this situation.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He led her to a room where two of his teammates found her.. In a house he resided in.  That's bad, very bad... Complicit as hell!  Who's room was it? He has to know, he lives there!

And she went right to the police, didn't she? This sounds terrible. Blood and bruising are not good. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Backlash over what?  Araiza isn't on the team.

How they handled the situation, knowing that he had these accusations against him for a month and planning on him being you starting punter still

Edited by BuffaloBud17
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Unless he told the teammates where to find her and/or to rape her (and obviously if he participated in it) he's got no legal obligation to ensure she doesn't get raped by teammates when he's not looking just because he rents a room in the house.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBud17 said:

How they handled the situation, knowing that he had these accusations against him for a month and planning on him being you starting punter still

That part's over.  Now it's its own story.

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Canisus is an all boys high school dumbass

And I didn’t know. I just knew it was a local high school. No need to be a dick about it.

Edited by NyQuil
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBud17 said:

Backlash for waiting until a civil suit or a criminal case was brought?  That's asinine.

Gloria Allred should be repping Jane Doe, not this hot-headed male attorney. Gloria's record is nearly perfect and she's based in SoCal, Jane Doe's attorney has already admitted he's at least 0-2 against Araiza's attorney in cases, that's not good for the victim. You have to wonder why Gloria isn't taking on this case. Jane Doe's attorney also has martyr syndrome, he's alienated every possible bridge for a settlement and he's gone nuclear. He's lied about making a settlement offer and being able to issue subpoena's (he can't until the court reviews the complaint and makes a decision).

He's not going to stop attacking the Bills, fans should prepare for a media spectacle from him, possibly even at the Rams game considering San Diego is just over an hour from LA. Hate to say it but that's the only pattern he's shown to this point. 

That all being said, good on the Bills for making a quick decision. If Bills fans are donating to a women's survivor fund or organization of any type, please let me know. 

Edited by extrahammer

2 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Gloria Allred should be repping Jane Doe, not this hot-headed male attorney. Gloria's record is nearly perfect, Jane Doe's attorney has already admitted he's at least 0-2 against Araiza's attorney in cases, that's not good for the victim. He's also got martyr syndrome, he's alienated every possible bridge for a settlement and he's gone nuclear. He's lied about making a settlement offer and being able to issue subpoena's (he can't until the court reviews the complaint and makes a decision).

He's not going to stop attacking the Bills, fans should prepare for a media spectacle from him, possibly even at the Rams game considering San Diego is just over an hour from LA. Hate to say it but that's the only pattern he's shown to this point. 

That all being said, good on the Bills for making a quick decision. If Bills fans are donating to a women's survivor fund or organization of any type, please let me know. 

He can do what he wants.  No one will take him seriously.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The press is useless.  Pretty sure most of the reporters took the accusations at face value and believed them from jump.   They all have agendas and gone are the days where they seem to be able to convey impartiality. 

Any reporters who may have questions, likely feel that there’s too much self-righteous anger coming their way if they dare question anything about this situation.  

This is nonsense. The baseless attacks attempting to discredit the broad journalist community over the last several years based on ominous "agendas" is a tired take.

What "agenda" is in play here? Should the news be burying the story like the university did?

22 hours ago, The Red King said:

You mean like innocent until proven guilty?  Sorry, didn't realize you supported the Salem Witch Trials.

He'll get his day in court, this was about how his situation impacts and distracts an entire organization.   

I also trust that the Bills took a hard, in depth look at the circumstances around that event in making the call to release him.

FWIW, one of the SDSU current players allegedly involved in the gang rape has also been released from that team.  You can claim more witch trials but it may also be SDSU's increased scrutiny of the situation precipitated it.

Time to trial takes months or years.  In high profile incidents that affect large organizations, they do their own scrutiny of the facts around the case and make their own judgment call.  Possibly unfair yes, but they can't afford the PR nightmare of supporting questionable circumstances. 

I'm sure the Bills are confident Araiza's situation is not simply a money grab.  The victim appears to have followed post-rape protocol within 24 hours so it's not like she just started bringing this up last month.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is nonsense. The baseless attacks attempting to discredit the broad journalist community over the last several years based on ominous "agendas" is a tired take.

What "agenda" is in play here? Should the news be burying the story like the university did?

They did it to themselves. 

No, not at all.. but they should be able to ask basic questions that elaborate on Matt Araiza’s defense and parse through insane tweets and statements by the lawyer who was trying, and is now successful, in forcing the Bills to release their player.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1