James Cook is going to be a major problem

78thealltimegreat

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You’re not getting enough time in the NFL for a wheel route to get 50 yards down the field in the League

You split him wide pre play and he runs a 9 route on a LBr

Josh Allen buys time. A lot of it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hemma said:

After yesterday, I’m starting to think the entire team is going to be a problem.

I’ve said it in other posts, and I’ll say it here, Dorsey wants everyone to be a threat to score points, it’s what this offense is morphing into, it makes defending this offense a freaking nightmare for D coordinators to deal with. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Josh Allen buys time. A lot of it.

No matter how much time any quarterback buys , The chances Pulling off a 50 yard air wheel route from the backfield in the NFL is slim

That’s Some thing that gets pulled off in madden

First that’s about a 70 yard route for cook

And in this man to man situation that you describe, When Josh Allen breaks out of the pocket to buy time… He would see nothing but green grass for 50 yards because everybody has their backs turned in man

He would just turn up field and run for 40+ yards 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/aaron-rodgers-drops-perfect-throw-in-to-aaron-jones-on-sluggo-route-for-50-yards

this is something that CAN happen in the league 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It's hard not to be impressed with that.

The only thing that will keep Cook inactive on game day is if the team thinks he's still a liability in pass protection.

doubt that they are worried bc if it’s a blitzing situation he is just going to be a quick drop off pass in most situations which is dangerous bc of his speed and catching ability 

obviously he will stay in sometimes but if they see a tendency just throw a hitter 

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have this weird feeling about cook... That it almost seems like the bills are hiding him.

Between reports of how great he's looked, my own eyes telling me he's dangerous, and the fact he's a rookie but has gotten SO few touches in the preseason, makes me think maybe they are holding their cards close to the vest and he's in for major playing time this year.

Interesting that the rookie has less touches than the other RBs. Without looking at the stats, probably similar touches to Singletary but markedly less than moss (and of course blackshear).

I would not be entirely surprised if moss was a surprise cut.

I think there hiding what he's going to be in the passing game

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

doubt that they are worried bc if it’s a blitzing situation he is just going to be a quick drop off pass in most situations which is dangerous bc of his speed and catching ability 

obviously he will stay in sometimes but if they see a tendency just throw a hitter 

Yea but the majority of the time a 3rd down back is blocking and releasing … His job is to protect the quarterback first

If a team realizes they just send cook on a route every time off blitz… You literally blitz a slot corner off the edge and drop the End/OLB over cook in the flat 

Outside pressure and taking away the hot read… That’s why most backs block and release the majority of time to take away tendencies

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea but the majority of the time a 3rd down back is blocking and releasing … His job is to protect the quarterback first

If a team realizes they just send cook on a route every time off blitz… You literally blitz a slot corner off the edge and drop the End/OLB over cook in the flat 

Outside pressure and taking away the hot read… That’s why most backs block and release the majority of time to take away tendencies

Ya that’s why I said he will stay in sometimes but he doesn’t have to be great at it. He was drafted to be a receiving back who can hurt the d he is a threat. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wouldn’t it be a shocker of Singletary gets dealt because its a contract year and our depth is very good?

I doubt it. He’s the only proven workhorse back on this roster.   Probably not giving that up for a late round pick. 

Bills invested three years into him and want that contract year payoff season before some team that’s not paying their QB big money signs him in the off-season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, mikemac2001 said:

Ya that’s why I said he will stay in sometimes but he doesn’t have to be great at it. He was drafted to be a receiving back who can hurt the d he is a threat. 

I think his biggest threat will be when we motion him out wide in man2man 

He gets lined up outside the hashes with a linebacker one on one… stop and go , 9 route or Sluggo all day

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think his biggest threat will be when we motion him out wide in man2man 

He gets lined up outside the hashes with a linebacker one on one… stop and go , 9 route or Sluggo all day

Yep -I’m excited about him he was my fav draft pick and looks so quick out there. Can’t wait to see how they use him. last year was so bad for our rbs on passing routes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.