Roger Waters - Pink Floyd

\GoBillsInDallas/

“And by the way, with all due respect to the Weeknd or Drake or any of them, I am far, far, far more important than any of them will ever be, however many billions of streams they’ve got,” said the British musician.

Pretty douchey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

“And by the way, with all due respect to the Weeknd or Drake or any of them, I am far, far, far more important than any of them will ever be, however many billions of streams they’ve got,” said the British musician.

Pretty douchey.

Yep. Now if he said Roger Waters fans are more important than Weekend/Drake fans, I would have to agree. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

He's not wrong. Pink Floyd is one of the most legendary rock bands ever. Guaranteed these other guys won't even come close to what Floyd has accomplished in the music industry.

I agree that he's not wrong.  But if he really believed it, why would he have to say it?  Other than to be a douche?

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I can't argue with that. There was no need to say it. 

And on another note ... go big or go home!!  If you're gonna compare yourself to someone, make it good like John Lennon did in comparing the Beatles to Jesus!!  Not the Wkend and Drake!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is nothing new from him.

Love Pink Floyd, but Waters has always come off as a narcissistic douche.

I learned a long time ago that I don't have to like the person to like the music. We could probably find dozens of examples where this is true for most of us music fans on the board.

Edited by Metal Man
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Metal Man said:

This is nothing new from him.

Love Pink Floyd, but Waters has always come off as a narcissistic douche.

This.

Roger Waters has always, ALWAYS loved him some Roger Waters.

Legendarily arrogant, abrasive, and combative. Same as it ever was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think all of the aging rockers are getting bristly. Did you see the nasty exchange that David Crosby recently had with a fan that made a painting of him and offered it with appreciation for his music?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/david-crosby-dragged-being-unkind-140535113.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA4WvndXCSQ-zvWdppS2oEvGgnD4UVchGE_TXlEWf7wkNIZ7Y8uN8g--QoqTjgnGE3vk_S-_lF7MVrlZdcbtiflGi7Zzpt_5yn6m3NL5cm4NTgQXJrucXM2GSzJDTSg_a5Mo1jmYO06ZOnaohGUbyjYJFrFjzYa8XAJU3luHv3vc

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

David Crosby... Another well-known doucher.

(Although I've always been a big fan of his music.)

7 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

David Crosby... Another well-known doucher.

(Although I've always been a big fan of his music.)

He has/had a good voice but as far as a musician he was a guitar strummer that tried to look like more, he didn't play anything hard/intricate with CSNY. And yes he is a douche and has been for a long time. Fired by the Byrds.

6 hours ago, T&C said:

He has/had a good voice but as far as a musician he was a guitar strummer that tried to look like more, he didn't play anything hard/intricate with CSNY. And yes he is a douche and has been for a long time. Fired by the Byrds.

Yup, he's even admitted that he's been an a-hole for most of his life.

That said... one of my best experiences was seeing CSN open up for the Grateful Dead at Rich Stadium, back in the early 90's.

What a perfect day.

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Yup, he's even admitted that he's been an a-hole for most of his life.

That said... one of my best experiences was seeing CSN open up for the Grateful Dead at Rich Stadium, back in the early 90's.

What a perfect day.  (with acid)

Crosby actually seems WAY less douchey these days. I think he finally grew up and realized what an idiot he was. His recent music is pretty damn good, too. IMO of course.

Waters is still a douche, I believe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.