More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

The anti dome owner and peeps are just nuts. -5F? get serious. ESPN pregame literally got blown off the field. Local tv dudes were in booth for pregame. Btw, even famous shirtless Fitzy was snug as a bug in orange glow light :)

The anti dome owner is in a alternate reality and it is going to get real fast when he realizes he is stuck 15 years minimum in a outdoor cold stadium with ticket prices above what this market will pay to freeze outside in the wind, cold and rain. Rain is worse than snow you get wet and it sucks. The Buffalo Bills television experience is too good today to freeze outside. Remember Terry Pegula the fool

can’t move he is locked in for 15 years before he can buy his way out of the new Bills stadium lease. I hope New York State makes him stay with no outs he wanted no dome make Terry Pegula stay there he wanted outdoors so much what a bum in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I don’t think your going to be wrong that is the way the NFL rolls these days unfortunately. The sad thing is Buffalo economically is more set up for the CFL football team today than the NFL football team today. Let me explain I am not saying I don’t want NFL or the Buffalo Bills to stay in Buffalo. What I am saying is CFL is trying to get a CFL expansion team in Atlantic Canada the Saskatchewan Roughriders lost to the Toronto Argonauts up there. The CFL commissioner says they need $20 million for a Atlantic Canada CFL football stadium like Tim Horton’s stadium in Hamilton. What I am saying is a Tim Horton’s Stadium in Hamilton is more Buffalo economical friendly with the CFL than what Buffalo is being asked to roll with the new Bills stadium in the NFL. I have real doubts Buffalo overtime is going to keep up with the cost of having a NFL team while fans salaries in Western New York stay flat.

It isn’t about football it was never about football with the NFL it is greed. The Buffalo Bandits NLL draws well. I have zero doubt that Buffalo CFL in a Tim Horton’s like CFL stadium in downtown Buffalo would be very successful and bring the Canadian fans and shoppers Buffalo downtown wants that they aren’t getting in Orchard Park stadium. Again Buffalo isn’t paying $10,000 for a PSL it is insanity and it has nothing to do with Buffalo’s love for football. I don’t judge Buffalo as a city or a football town on weather we can sell PSL’s to satisfy the greedy NFL owners. Like you I hope I am wrong too in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

"What I am saying is CFL is trying to get a CFL expansion team in Atlantic Canada the Saskatchewan Roughriders lost to the Toronto Argonauts up there."...............huh?  I, just.....huh?

5 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Are you seriously bragging about winning 6 games at home against the Packers in the history of your franchise? And the Packers have won 5 games against Buffalo at home. 

Wow, we have played each other a grand total of 13 times and you won 6 at home. When is the parade. 

Too funny.

I’d say you appear to be on the fast train to nomorepostingprivileges-land.

6 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Are you seriously bragging about winning 6 games at home against the Packers in the history of your franchise? And the Packers have won 5 games against Buffalo at home. 

Wow, we have played each other a grand total of 13 times and you won 6 at home. When is the parade. 

Too funny.

Nah, just just douchiness of your original post  gets douchiness in return.

But it will be 7 after this season.

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And we’ve always dealt with it

No one is arguing against that.   Everyone knows the BIlls have existed since the 60's and never had a dome.  But there is a history of dramatically reduced attendance during bad weather so a lot of people have dealt with it by staying home, that is the point people are making.  I don't have a dog in the fight, its done, it wont be a dome so everyone needs to get over it and move on.  The biggest reason may be the added cost.  If the cost was similar you might have seen more traction.

• Agree 1

If the Bills do the same thing the Jets and Giants did then expect this to happen. When the new stadium is built but still a year away from opening. The Bills will offer tours starting with season ticket holders with the most seniority. It allows fans to walk around and checkout the new stadium. Also the season ticket holders with the most seniority will get first dibs on where they want to sit in the new stadium. The Bills have what 50,000 - 60,000 season ticket holders? Transferring people seats from one stadium to the new one is not an easy thing to do. Expect the Bills to start doing that during the last season at the current stadium.

22 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Engineers ha... when the wind and snow blows a partial cover will act like a wind tunnel... good luck... gonna need ropes to hold on to on the concourses as you pull yourself along

39 minutes ago, eball said:

It won’t surprise me if the orientation of the stadium and its architectural design are planned to mitigate the impact of wind, in particular.

Yeh but they havent a clue see: Citifield

Repair the Ralph or do a Dome

• Eyeroll 4

7 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The anti dome owner is in a alternate reality and it is going to get real fast when he realizes he is stuck 15 years minimum in a outdoor cold stadium with ticket prices above what this market will pay to freeze outside in the wind, cold and rain. Rain is worse than snow you get wet and it sucks. The Buffalo Bills television experience is too good today to freeze outside. Remember Terry Pegula the fool

can’t move he is locked in for 15 years before he can buy his way out of the new Bills stadium lease. I hope New York State makes him stay with no outs he wanted no dome make Terry Pegula stay there he wanted outdoors so much what a bum in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Opinions are like...

13 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Engineers ha... when the wind and snow blows a partial cover will act like a wind tunnel... good luck... gonna need ropes to hold on to on the concourses as you pull yourself along

Yeh but they havent a clue see: Citifield

Repair the Ralph or do a Dome

Are you an architect or engineer?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

Only 25 degrees rotation??!! These guys are not smart. To truly reverse the effects of the wind and weather issues, they should have went 180 degrees. 

No silly.  360 degrees.

• Like (+1) 1

Lol seen too many architectural f ups from engineers who think they know what they are doing but actually make it worse than original design... breeze ways at citifield, xray rooms you have to lower a stretcher rails to get into, pt er bay you cant get a portable xray room into, engineers completely forgetting a place for sonography... engineers would be fine if they had some communication skills to avoid obvious faux pas.

Edited by North Buffalo

8 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Too funny.

I've never really thought that Packers fans were that bad.

I've now changed my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rigby said:

I've never really thought that Packers fans were that bad.

I've now changed my opinion.

There are always at least a few fools in any base.

15 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Lol seen too many architectural f ups from engineers who think they know what they are doing but actually make it worse than original design... breeze ways at citifield, xray rooms you have to lower a stretcher rails to get into, pt er bay you cant get a portable xray room into, engineers completely forgetting a place for sonography... engineers would be fine if they had some communication skills to avoid obvious faux pas.

Typically that happens when they're not told what to look for.  In this case, the Bills will be telling them to make sure the wind is reduced/eliminated.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Since1981 said:

The anti dome owner and peeps are just nuts. -5F? get serious. ESPN pregame literally got blown off the field. Local tv dudes were in booth for pregame. Btw, even famous shirtless Fitzy was snug as a bug in orange glow light :)

Yes! It's not that brave to go shirtless under the fry lamps. (Sorry, Fitz.)

I was at that game and my buddy was in a world of hurt from the cold. I barely dealt with it wearing dozens of hand warmers strategically placed around my body. I'm glad I went to see the Pats get demolished but it was gruelling.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And we’ve always dealt with it

I’ve always dealt with working 12 hour days in 110 degree heat.  Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t prefer to be working 12 hour days in 70 degree temps.  I dealt with it because I loved my job and the money.  

Many dealt with it because they had to.  Not because they wanted to.  There was never a choice in the matter.  Even now, with a new stadium being built, the fans had no choice.  Many won’t be happy with not having a dome.  But they’ll deal with it because they love their team.  Let’s hope they improve the comfort level during the extremely in-climate weather.   

2 hours ago, eball said:

It won’t surprise me if the orientation of the stadium and its architectural design are planned to mitigate the impact of wind, in particular.

It surely must.  If not, one must wonder

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’ve always dealt with working 12 hour days in 110 degree heat.  Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t prefer to be working 12 hour days in 70 degree temps.  I dealt with it because I loved my job and the money.  

Many dealt with it because they had to.  Not because they wanted to.  There was never a choice in the matter.  Even now, with a new stadium being built, the fans had no choice.  Many won’t be happy with not having a dome.  But they’ll deal with it because they love their team.  Let’s hope they improve the comfort level during the extremely in-climate weather.   

If you believe the results of the poll, many didn't want a dome.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

If you believe the results of the poll, many didn't want a dome.

There are hundreds of thousands of bills fans……many wanted a dome.  Many didn’t. I think it’s safe to say that a large number of fans wanted a dome.  It doesn’t have to be proportionate to be “many”.  Just a large number.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.