More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

43 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Obviously cost plays a factor here but was a retractable roof ever look into?

Yup.  Too much money and they are rarely used.

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There are hundreds of thousands of bills fans……many wanted a dome.  Many didn’t. I think it’s safe to say that a large number of fans wanted a dome.  It doesn’t have to be proportionate to be “many”.  Just a large number.  

I'm not sure who they polled exactly, but I would expect it was season ticket holders and those who have been to games.  The rest who don't go to games don't factor into anything.

Just now, Doc said:

I'm not sure who they polled exactly, but I would expect it was season ticket holders and those who have been to games.  The rest who don't go to games don't factor into anything.

The question is, are the fans they polled in terms of indoor vs. outdoors, the same fans who will be able to afford tickets at the new stadium.  I know it is a done deal, but I hope they don’t regret their stadium choice.  Only time will tell. 

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

Houston has a retractable roof. I believe it costs $1 million to open it.  Which means it gets opened once every 15 years when they host the Super Bowl. 

EDIT: Turns out maybe thats because Texans fans suck and other retractable roofs get used way more often.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/2019/11/29/investigation-it-cost-450m-to-build-a-retractable-roof-at-nrg-but-they-rarely-open-it/

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BTB said:

The question is, are the fans they polled in terms of indoor vs. outdoors, the same fans who will be able to afford tickets at the new stadium.  I know it is a done deal, but I hope they don’t regret their stadium choice.  Only time will tell. 

I have no idea.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

There are always at least a few fools in any base.

Typically that happens when they're not told what to look for.  In this case, the Bills will be telling them to make sure the wind is reduced/eliminated.

Or more likely they dont ask questions from people who actually work there... they just talk to administrators who cant find their arses with both hands and a flashlight

10 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The anti dome owner is in a alternate reality and it is going to get real fast when he realizes he is stuck 15 years minimum in a outdoor cold stadium with ticket prices above what this market will pay to freeze outside in the wind, cold and rain. Rain is worse than snow you get wet and it sucks. The Buffalo Bills television experience is too good today to freeze outside. Remember Terry Pegula the fool

can’t move he is locked in for 15 years before he can buy his way out of the new Bills stadium lease. I hope New York State makes him stay with no outs he wanted no dome make Terry Pegula stay there he wanted outdoors so much what a bum in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

girl door GIF

does every stadium thread have to devolve into a ' should of been a dome" thread

the train left the station. For many it was absurd to use tax payer money to fund most of the stadium, imagine a dome stadium.... That would of been to hard of a sell on all fronts.

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I didn’t see the poll.  I’m sure that there are “many” Bills fans that would’ve liked a stadium that has the ability to close a roof for certain weather situations.  I didn’t say a majority or even close to it…..just many. That’s all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Obviously cost plays a factor here but was a retractable roof ever look into?

That definitely adds more cost which is likely a non starter.   My answer to that is why?  People who dont want a dome want the weather advantage against Miami in December/January.  Would you open the roof if it was 20 degrees and blowing 15 MPH with some snow? If not then what is the point, cover it for bad or mild weather and keep it open when the weather is nice?  To me, its dome or no dome, the retractable thing you see in the south.

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t see the poll.  I’m sure that there are “many” Bills fans that would’ve liked a stadium that has the ability to close a roof for certain weather situations.  I didn’t say a majority or even close to it…..just many. That’s all.

I’m not saying you did. I’m saying a majority of those polled did not want a dome. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’ve always dealt with working 12 hour days in 110 degree heat.  Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t prefer to be working 12 hour days in 70 degree temps.  I dealt with it because I loved my job and the money.  

Many dealt with it because they had to.  Not because they wanted to.  There was never a choice in the matter.  Even now, with a new stadium being built, the fans had no choice.  Many won’t be happy with not having a dome.  But they’ll deal with it because they love their team.  Let’s hope they improve the comfort level during the extremely in-climate weather.   

It surely must.  If not, one must wonder

Nobody is forcing anybody to go to a football game tho

It’s been open air for 50+ years… You know what you’re dealing with … if you don’t want to go , fans can stay home 

And there are plenty of fans who do want to keep open air.. 75% of the people didn’t say dome on the survey and then they just chose open air

5 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

No one is arguing against that.   Everyone knows the BIlls have existed since the 60's and never had a dome.  But there is a history of dramatically reduced attendance during bad weather so a lot of people have dealt with it by staying home, that is the point people are making.  I don't have a dog in the fight, its done, it wont be a dome so everyone needs to get over it and move on.  The biggest reason may be the added cost.  If the cost was similar you might have seen more traction.

I think fans blow this dramatically reduced attendance out of proportion

Yeah during The 17 year drought maybe we had some low attendance numbers

When the bills are doing good there’s not dramatically reduced attendance at the Ralph… What do you consider drastically reduced? 40k ? Because that doesn’t happen 

I went back four seasons and the lowest attended game was the snow bowl game against the Colts… 60k… Still brought 60k and sold more 

That’s not drastically reduced.. The NFL and Terry Pegula is perfectly fine with 60,000… Hence why the new stadium will be that size

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think fans blow this dramatically reduced attendance out of proportion

Yeah during The 17 year drought maybe we had some low attendance numbers

When the bills are doing good there’s not dramatically reduced attendance at the Ralph… What do you consider drastically reduced? 40k ? Because that doesn’t happen 

I went back four seasons and the lowest attended game was the snow bowl game against the Colts… 60k… Still brought 60k and sold more 

That’s not drastically reduced.. The NFL and Terry Pegula is perfectly fine with 60,000… Hence why the new stadium will be that size

Absolutely does not. Same ticket issues remain to this day. If there was a roof, there would be no dropoff in game interest late in the season.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Absolutely does not. Same ticket issues remain to this day,

Again it depends what you consider low 

I don’t consider 60,000 low and neither does the NFL or Terry Pegula

At the peak of the drought maybe they had a game where they drew 48000 which is really bad , but that will never happen again

Edited by Buffalo716

I just hate the fact that weather affects the outcome to some Bills games...last year in particular.  When I was younger, open air in the elements was an experience.....now, no thanks.  I'll just stay home.  Too many times I've been bone chilled and quite frankly, not really enjoying myself.  I want a dome but understand the people who don't.  I just think the Bills offense and Josh Allen is tooled for a more climate controlled atmosphere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Absolutely does not. Same ticket issues remain to this day. If there was a roof, there would be no dropoff in game interest late in the season.

That’s your opinion and not a fact PTR

HSBC is enclosed and it’s super empty… They don’t show up because it’s an inside venue

If/when the bills go back to being not good.. Those same attendance issues you’re talking about will pop back up in December… dome or no dome 

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I got polled, and let me tell you, it wasn’t a pleasant experience. 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.