More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

46 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Nothing I read about this new stadium leaves me feeling good about the fan experience. 

When I read about higher elevated seats and more levels, I think about hiding the every day fans in the upper decks to make room for corporate seating in the lower bowl.  

I am genuinely afraid that the lower bowl will be highly priced in both seat value and PSL, and less total seats to make room for walkways and restaurants.  

This is how it was in the lower bowl in Jacksonville and I hated it.  

I very much hope I’m wrong 

Yeah, buy how intimidating right? There was nothing scarier than all those Jags fans yelling "DUUUUVVAALLLL!!!"

ugh...still gives me the heebee jeebees!

45 minutes ago, Maguire's Beer said:

Not at all. There has been substantial speculation, and some implication from the team and its partners, that we would bee looking at an open-air stadium with a canopy over most, if not all, seats - not unlike old Texas Stadium or a host of soccer stadiums. 

Still hope that's the case, but agreed with the poster who's beginning to doubt it. 

True, but none of that really matters to an "anti-domer". That's the point. The poster was making a contradictory statement.

This conversation is an representation of the internal turmoil that "domers" are experiencing.

55 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Nothing I read about this new stadium leaves me feeling good about the fan experience. 

When I read about higher elevated seats and more levels, I think about hiding the every day fans in the upper decks to make room for corporate seating in the lower bowl.  

I am genuinely afraid that the lower bowl will be highly priced in both seat value and PSL, and less total seats to make room for walkways and restaurants.  

That is what I expect too.  I saw a tweet about losing 10k seats.  That would take the Bills from 10th with 71,608 to 29th or 30th with 10k less.  That really surprises me.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That is what I expect too.  I saw a tweet about losing 10k seats.  That would take the Bills from 10th with 71,608 to 29th or 30th with 10k less.  That really surprises me.  

I highly doubt less seats means more levels… The actual physical size of the stadium will be bigger but I doubt the bowl will be bigger with 10,000 less seats 

Just the concourse area and such

They said they’re trying to get fans closer to the field… And it may only hold 62,000 but there will be a party deck with 5000 fans is what they are planning 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I predict that we’ve gone 50+ years without one we don’t need it

Foxborough, Lambo, Pittsburgh, The two New Jersey teams, Philadelphia, Cleveland 

All open-air 

We’ve always embraced it

If we embrace it so we'll then why do we consistently have trouble selling games in December and January?

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I highly doubt less seats means more levels… The actual physical size of the stadium will be bigger but I doubt the bowl will be bigger with 10,000 less seats 

Just the concourse area and such

They said they’re trying to get fans closer to the field… And it may only hold 62,000 but there will be a party deck with 5000 fans is what they are planning 

They plan on a massive SRO section.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If we embrace it so we'll then why do we consistently have trouble selling games in December and January?

I think that depends what you consider trouble selling games?

40,000 would be trouble

We have no problem selling 60,000-65000 which is what the new stadium will be

And with the NFL Revenue sharing attendance isn’t a number one or two factor… So 60,000 is not trouble to me

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think that depends what you consider trouble selling games?

40,000 would be trouble

We have no problem selling 60,000 which is what the new stadium will be

And with the NFL Revenue sharing attendance isn’t a number one or two factor… So 60,000 is not trouble to me

We'll see won't we.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

True, but none of that really matters to an "anti-domer". That's the point. The poster was making a contradictory statement.

This conversation is an representation of the internal turmoil that "domers" are experiencing.

There's more diversity to the anti-dome contingent than you're recognizing. To be sure, there are folks who like things just as they are, with 90% of the fans exposed to the full elements. But there's a decent number of folks who opposed a full dome due to cost concerns who still wanted seat coverage. Moreover, there are "domers" who were convinced that a full dome wouldn't be necessary by the team's hints about covering the seats.

IOW, there's a substantial number of fans who wanted/expected coverage. How many? I don't know. The team probably has a pretty good idea, tho, from the surveys - and I imagine that the final decision on the percentage of seats covered will be somewhat determined by the marketing data. If they think they can sell the place out at significantly increased prices without covering seats, they will. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We'll see won't we.

I went back four seasons… The lowest attendance for any game in December or January … 60000… the snow bowl game 2017

I mean we didn’t win for 17 years.. I’m sure there were some games we brought in 50k

That’s not happening with Josh Allen

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Maguire's Beer said:

There's more diversity to the anti-dome contingent than you're recognizing. To be sure, there are folks who like things just as they are, with 90% of the fans exposed to the full elements. But there's a decent number of folks who opposed a full dome due to cost concerns who still wanted seat coverage. Moreover, there are "domers" who were convinced that a full dome wouldn't be necessary by the team's hints about covering the seats.

IOW, there's a substantial number of fans who wanted/expected coverage. How many? I don't know. The team probably has a pretty good idea, tho, from the surveys - and I imagine that the final decision on the percentage of seats covered will be somewhat determined by the marketing data. If they think they can sell the place out at significantly increased prices without covering seats, they will. 

I've always pictured Lumen field, but with a little more overhang

https://images.app.goo.gl/2uZUQm5bzbtQUrpU9

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BTB said:

After seeing the PSL survey questions, I am very interested to see how many seats are covered?  Gut feeling is that it is not going to be anywhere near the number that many have speculated/wished for. 

I wonder how many of the anti-domers will be changing their tune when they find out they are not protected from the elements?

I’ll buy their seats

16 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

It appears the current plan is similar to the stadium in Seattle. Don't really care about the Bills stadium, but glad they aren't thinking dome like they are in Chicago. The Bears are also moving the stadium to Arlington, Illinois, which is 45 mins from Chicago. Bears fans are soft. 

I haven't cared enough to know the location of the Bills new stadium. But I assume it is within the city limits of Buffalo? I'm aware Orchard Park is 18 mins from Buffalo.

It's pretty much the same location in Orchard Park.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I wonder if more levels is how they plan to get fans closer to the action. Higher up but not so far back?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I wonder if more levels is how they plan to get fans closer to the action. Higher up but not so far back?

One of these threads had some guy’s phone video from up top that gave me vertigo just looking at it on my iPad! I don’t want to need a Sherpa to get to my seats! 

My dad was up in years and not great health when we took him and our boys to an Orlando Magic game (I think in an old arena now replaced). He didn’t dare have any food or drink for fear he’d have to navigate those steep steps to get to a restroom. We were in the top row, and I swore I’d never make that mistake again! It was a last minute deal so we took the seats we could get, wondering how bad could it be? Answer: VERY! That took ALL the fun out of it. 

I trust our Bills to do a fine job with the new stadium. As I’ve said all along, I don’t care where the stadium is or whether it’s covered. They remain in WNY, and I’m happy! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Maguire's Beer said:

Not at all. There has been substantial speculation, and some implication from the team and its partners, that we would bee looking at an open-air stadium with a canopy over most, if not all, seats - not unlike old Texas Stadium or a host of soccer stadiums. 

Still hope that's the case, but agreed with the poster who's beginning to doubt it. 

Most, if not all?  I missed that specific claim.  link?

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How many December games will be left short of a sell out?

I predict five years in they will want to add one.

You think Pegula is going to lay out for that?  That's slightly less likely than public financing for such.

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I went back four seasons… The lowest attendance for any game in December or January … 60000… the snow bowl game 2017

I mean we didn’t win for 17 years.. I’m sure there were some games we brought in 50k

That’s not happening with Josh Allen

You're not taking account games where tickets are going for $6. It was really embarrassing when our lone playoff game last year had resale tix for $25. It was -5. you say? Well if you don't want a dome, that shouldn't matter. should it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.