More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

How are they talking about covering the seats that doesnt block the view of the seats behind?  Plexiglass?

Not sure what you’re getting at here. The old Texas Stadium, with the hole in the roof, had covered seats and an open air field. These days they can even engineer it without the trusses that spanned the hole. Easy peasy! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2022 at 12:33 AM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I don’t think your going to be wrong that is the way the NFL rolls these days unfortunately. The sad thing is Buffalo economically is more set up for the CFL football team today than the NFL football team today. Let me explain I am not saying I don’t want NFL or the Buffalo Bills to stay in Buffalo. What I am saying is CFL is trying to get a CFL expansion team in Atlantic Canada the Saskatchewan Roughriders lost to the Toronto Argonauts up there. The CFL commissioner says they need $20 million for a Atlantic Canada CFL football stadium like Tim Horton’s stadium in Hamilton. What I am saying is a Tim Horton’s Stadium in Hamilton is more Buffalo economical friendly with the CFL than what Buffalo is being asked to roll with the new Bills stadium in the NFL. I have real doubts Buffalo overtime is going to keep up with the cost of having a NFL team while fans salaries in Western New York stay flat.

It isn’t about football it was never about football with the NFL it is greed. The Buffalo Bandits NLL draws well. I have zero doubt that Buffalo CFL in a Tim Horton’s like CFL stadium in downtown Buffalo would be very successful and bring the Canadian fans and shoppers Buffalo downtown wants that they aren’t getting in Orchard Park stadium. Again Buffalo isn’t paying $10,000 for a PSL it is insanity and it has nothing to do with Buffalo’s love for football. I don’t judge Buffalo as a city or a football town on weather we can sell PSL’s to satisfy the greedy NFL owners. Like you I hope I am wrong too in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Okay so! I'm just going to address this as I have knowledge of that situation working with Hamilton in the CFL. Yes they are actively trying to expand, no it likely won't happen anymore. They had a deal in place prior to COVID where the province in NS would pitch in a few million, but the rest was to be fronted by the Atlantic Schooners group and I believe they were going to share with Saint Mary's university (who desperately need a new stadium). COVID happened, province pulled funding for medical costs and deal fell through. Expansion won't be happening anytime soon it feels like, again as someone who works within the league with a team.

Second, Buffalo doesn't need any help attracting Canadian fans to Bills games. There is plenty of us who will come down to a Bills game weekly, unfortunately the last two seasons we haven't had border access aside from two short periods. You will be seeing plenty of Canadian Bills fans this season and in the future at the new stadium.

I hope the people in charge of marketing the club seats/suites have a good feel for demand(at the new stadium pricing levels).  Worst thing would be an over abundance of unsold club seats/suites.  If there is little demand at this point when the Bills are a perennial SB contender, there never will be, and it would be much better to just put in more “regular” seats. 

• Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, SNICE said:

Has there been any talk about the current stadium footprint after the new stadium is built?  Are there plans for hotel or other amenities ? Or just swapping parking lots?

Parking lot.

22 hours ago, BTB said:

I hope the people in charge of marketing the club seats/suites have a good feel for demand(at the new stadium pricing levels).  Worst thing would be an over abundance of unsold club seats/suites.  If there is little demand at this point when the Bills are a perennial SB contender, there never will be, and it would be much better to just put in more “regular” seats. 

No because there isn't demand for those "regular" seats late in the year because a huge % of Bills fans don't like being outside in the cold.     Regular seats have been cut back to address the fact that the team could be 14-2 heading into the final week of the season and there would be $150 seats on the secondary market for $10 going unsold just because it's January and the stadium is outdoors.   The Bills have determined that cutoff point is 60K people who will pay full price for tickets all season.   They cut the "regular" seats to make them more of a premium item.   There are generations of cheapass mofo Bills fans who don't think twice about spending money on other forms of entertainment or products that mean less to them than a Bills game because "that's the price" of that event or item...........but are long accustomed to valuing late season Bills tickets at $20 or less.   That cycle needs to stop.    Bills know it.

• Agree 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:03 PM, Beast said:

If they built a dome and every single Bills fan on this planet would be wishing for a snow game within two years.

The twist would be they could have a retractable dome and only open it for snow games and when it's closed they could have snow machines running. Every game could be a snow game! Alas, we don't deserve nice things. The way it sounds the day it's built this will be a middle of the road stadium and within 10 years it will be bottom of the barrel again. And we are the ones paying for it in taxes, PSL, higher ticket prices. Besides the upper decks possibly collapsing, I don't think there is anything wrong with the current stadium and I'm not looking forward to a new one

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No because there isn't demand for those "regular" seats late in the year because a huge % of Bills fans don't like being outside in the cold.     Regular seats have been cut back to address the fact that the team could be 14-2 heading into the final week of the season and there would be $150 seats on the secondary market for $10 going unsold just because it's January and the stadium is outdoors.   The Bills have determined that cutoff point is 60K people who will pay full price for tickets all season.   They cut the "regular" seats to make them more of a premium item.   There are generations of cheapass mofo Bills fans who don't think twice about spending money on other forms of entertainment or products that mean less to them than a Bills game because "that's the price" of that event or item...........but are long accustomed to valuing late season Bills tickets at $20 or less.   That cycle needs to stop.    Bills know it.

Exactly

It’s not even that there’s not a demand for the tickets … It’s that cheap @ss bills fans long ago determined they’ll only spend 20 bucks on December or January games

And when The secondary market doesn’t budge for 20-30 years that’s what happens

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Besides the upper decks possibly collapsing, I don't think there is anything wrong with the current stadium and I'm not looking forward to a new one

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, Monty98 said:

Okay so! I'm just going to address this as I have knowledge of that situation working with Hamilton in the CFL. Yes they are actively trying to expand, no it likely won't happen anymore. They had a deal in place prior to COVID where the province in NS would pitch in a few million, but the rest was to be fronted by the Atlantic Schooners group and I believe they were going to share with Saint Mary's university (who desperately need a new stadium). COVID happened, province pulled funding for medical costs and deal fell through. Expansion won't be happening anytime soon it feels like, again as someone who works within the league with a team.

Second, Buffalo doesn't need any help attracting Canadian fans to Bills games. There is plenty of us who will come down to a Bills game weekly, unfortunately the last two seasons we haven't had border access aside from two short periods. You will be seeing plenty of Canadian Bills fans this season and in the future at the new stadium.

As a Buffalo Bills fan I hope PSL’s workout for the Bills. But I have my doubts that 60,000 Bills fans are going to hand PSE $1,000 plus dollars for a right to buy a Bills season ticket. I am a Buffalo Bills fan but why would I give PSE $1,000 plus for PSL’s. That PSL money buys me Buffalo Bisons season tickets for two years. UB Bulls football and UB men’s and women’s basketball season tickets combine for 4 years of sports entertainment. Just saying $1,000 plus for just the PSL isn’t a small ask by PSE. Like I said the answer is no for me just on the other Buffalo options sports entertainment wise that are better deals that I also enjoy for my sports entertainment dollars in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 7/23/2022 at 4:08 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly

It’s not even that there’s not a demand for the tickets … It’s that cheap @ss bills fans long ago determined they’ll only spend 20 bucks on December or January games

And when The secondary market doesn’t budge for 20-30 years that’s what happens

Low price is proof of lack of demand...

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Low price is proof of lack of demand...

Or as badol said cheap fans 

50,000 season ticket holder’s Pay full price for those games every year… And 20k more from the bills for full price 

The secondary market has been flooded with cheap fans who will only pay $20 a ticket..

People were complaining that we weren’t gonna fill out the stadium against the Patriots in the playoffs last year… People were saying tickets were going for $15

But I called the Buffalo Bills ticket office and over 70,000 tickets were sold by them at full price… Told only a couple hundred left a few days before the game…

That’s the only number that matters… The secondary market Is not the way to judge the bills because it’s full of cheap fans once it’s late November 

I never once had Bill’s tickets and expected to make money on them

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Or as badol said cheap fans 

50,000 season ticket holder’s Pay full price for those games every year… And 20k more from the bills for full price 

The secondary market has been flooded with cheap fans who will only pay $20 a ticket..

People were complaining that we weren’t gonna fill out the stadium against the Patriots in the playoffs last year… People were saying tickets were going for $15

But I called the Buffalo Bills ticket office and over 70,000 tickets were sold by them at full price… Told only a couple hundred left a few days before the game…

That’s the only number that matters… The secondary market Is not the way to judge the bills because it’s full of cheap fans once it’s late November 

I never once had Bill’s tickets and expected to make money on them

well if "70,00" tickets were sold at full price, then the fans who paid for them weren't cheap--they just chose not to go to the game.  When they tried to unload their tickets, the market told them they were no longer worth face value because the demand wasn't there.  If there was a huge interest in attending the game, the original buyer would go or easily get his/her money back on resale.  It has nothing at all to do with "cheap fans".

That's how the market works.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.