More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

33 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Anyone remember why was the greatest comeback not on local TV?

was not sold out 72 hours before kickoff. Blackout rules in effect back then

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2022 at 12:01 PM, BTB said:

After seeing the PSL survey questions, I am very interested to see how many seats are covered?  Gut feeling is that it is not going to be anywhere near the number that many have speculated/wished for. 

I wonder how many of the anti-domers will be changing their tune when they find out they are not protected from the elements?

Conversely, how many domer fanatics will change their tune if the coverage is excellent? 

Nothing is ground breaking so far...

I do like hearing that the seats will be close/high.  Think "The Aud" vs that UFO that is downtown now.  You had high/steep/close seats and a nice overhang.  The new arena grades way back, has little in the way of overhangs, and the result is many bad seats, poor sightlines, and far away from the action.  

If you are going to have 60,000 seats, they better all be on top of the action.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah the Bills/league don't care about resale values since they already got face value from someone.  The only issue is whether enough resales are going to rival fans and making home games away games.

There are ticket agencies buying from Bills and selling them as packages to out of area fans who cannot buy season tickets.

This is ironic since ticket agencies are located outside WNY area,

My email is publicly connected to Bills due to being a Bills Backers club President and I get multiple emails a year trying to sell me or me and my group tickets.  Bills Backers clubs used to be able to buy blocks of tickets for games but we cannot for Bills anymore.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:45 AM, Doc said:

There are always at least a few fools in any base.

Typically that happens when they're not told what to look for.  In this case, the Bills will be telling them to make sure the wind is reduced/eliminated.

Yup.  Or budgetary choices get made and they’re told to cut that corner. 

22 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup.  Or budgetary choices get made and they’re told to cut that corner. 

Yup.  There are always several factors at play.  Usually though, they don't ask the people who work there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Conversely, how many domer fanatics will change their tune if the coverage is excellent? 

If more than 50% of the seats are covered, I will be surprised, but it wouldn’t make me change my stance…a dome was the right play IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BTB said:

If more than 50% of the seats are covered, I will be surprised, but it wouldn’t make me change my stance…a dome was the right play IMO. 

It's never the right play in the northern latitudes.

Hot climates need domes, not cold ones.

• Like (+1) 1

NFL wants a TV spectacle, and swirling snowflakes and 60,000 crazy fans braving the freezing cold in a college-like atmosphere is such a better product than watching a poorly lit game in a giant airplane hangar played on the green outdoor rug you buy at Lowes.

With most of the NFL domes it's like someone said "what can we do to suck the life, soul, and passion out of this game, and make it as horrible to watch on TV as possible?"

Now yes, there are the cool domes like LA and Minnesota, which apparently cost a trillion gazillion dollars now, since a fairly standard, low frills outdoor stadium in WNY of all places is over a billion, so they are out of the discussion. 

Plus "Buffalo weather" is mostly reputation. It could just as easily be 41 degrees and cloudy in WNY in early January, especially lately. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

8 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Anyone remember why was the greatest comeback not on local TV?

80,000 seat capacity back then. 75,141 attended, which would be among the biggest crowds in the NFL today. 

"failed to sell out" while true is also misleading. People act like there were 40,000 people there because of the weather. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

80,000 seat capacity back then. 75,141 attended, which would be among the biggest crowds in the NFL today. 

"failed to sell out" while true is also misleading. People act like there were 40,000 people there because of the weather. 

Yeah... Steady corporate presence wasn't as big... Even worse in WNY.  Somebody would usually buy up the last bunch. 

Burden was getting individual butts in seats... 

NFL is a big corporate whorehouse now. 

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's never the right play in the northern latitudes.

Hot climates need domes, not cold ones.

Hot climates are perfect for cooking fans in domes.

Even GOAT Cheater Teflon™ Tom thinks so.

https://nesn.com/2021/12/tom-brady-reveals-how-he-really-felt-down-28-3-in-super-bowl-li/

“Yeah, we were down 21-3 at half, but yeah, we had an advantage because we ran a lot of plays and we felt like they were going to be pretty gassed,” Brady said. “It’s a long game from the beginning of warmup, it’s a long first half, then there’s a long halftime. It’s a long day. Indoors, in a dome, you’re going to overheat. Let’s go make something. Let’s go make it happen.”

5 hours ago, BTB said:

The newest European soccer stadiums have roofs that cover every seat. It’s not that difficult with modern engineering designs. It’s been said many times on here…just Google the new Tottenham Stadium in London. It was designed by the same architectural firm. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.