Trump Called a Jan. 6th Committe Witness - Referred to DOJ

4 minutes ago, 716er said:
nobody cares about the 1/6 committee, though

It's a deflection tactic, but clearly it's not true:

Almost 6 in 10 say they are following Jan 6 committee's work closely

The poll, published on Thursday, found that 58 percent of respondents said they are following the committee’s hearings closely, with 26 percent following the hearings “very” closely and 32 percent following the hearings “somewhat” closely. 

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

UNEXPECTEDLY: 

CNN’s Harry Enten Says Jan. 6 Hearings Have Not Moved the Needle for Democrats Before Midterms.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/its-inflation-cnns-harry-enten-says-jan-6-hearings-have-not-moved-the-needle-for-dems-before-midterms/

I believe it was James Carville working the Bill Clinton campaign that famously said, "it's the economy stupid!"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

UNEXPECTEDLY: 

CNN’s Harry Enten Says Jan. 6 Hearings Have Not Moved the Needle for Democrats Before Midterms.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/its-inflation-cnns-harry-enten-says-jan-6-hearings-have-not-moved-the-needle-for-dems-before-midterms/

This is pretty telling. It’s almost as if some people cannot understand why someone would do something that didn’t benefit them personally.

Hearings held 5 months before an election are a terrible way to influence the election. If that’s what this was all about, they would hold the hearings in September and October instead.

But for people with no principles, where power is the only goal, it’s hard to understand that maybe some things are not done for personal gain. 

If you’re judging the hearings based on the impact to the midterms, then you’re really just telling on yourself. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, 716er said:

nobody cares about the 1/6 committee, though

Your gotcha, everybody cares about the committee,  is that Cheney, a member of the committee, is speaking during a committee hearing?  

Here’s a question.  Why all the pussyfooting around here?  

• Cheney The Lesser made a declaration, understanding of course, she has no obligation to be transparent or truthful;
  • That declaration is that Trump tried to call someone;
  • That declaration is that person told them lawyer;
  • That declaration included verbiage that a referral was made to DOJ;

At that point, Cheney The Lesser, stops talking about Trump and says quite specifically that the committee takes attempts to influence witnesses seriously.  Is that breaking or a blockbuster declaration?  Why didn’t she accuse Trump of witness tampering, obstruction etc?  

For the 15th time, why the cloak and dagger on this issue? Once again, inferences and allegations but when push comes to shove, it’s yet another version of Trump throwing catsup against the wall.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So Trump never even got close to talking to the person?  Was he trying to find out what lies that person was going to tell about him?  Seems like a good idea...

And is next week when we'll find that Trump told people to break into the Capitol?  Anyone want to bet on that one?

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

When people say “Nobody cares”, what they are really saying is that ‘It (Trump) doesn’t matter because DeSantis is going to be our next president anyway’…😉

No, nobody cares about the "insurrection" claim because it wasn't.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, nobody cares about the "insurrection" claim because it wasn't.

Just a "few tourists", right? And no one put up a gallows? Or assaulted police officers with weapons? Made death threats to Pence, Pelosi, and other sitting officials? Vandalized the Capitol building?

After all, its not like it was all caught on tape, hundreds arrested already and the Feds (most of whom have been Republican long before Trump ever sniffed his nomination) hunting down thousands more that were there.

18 minutes ago, Jackalope89 said:

Just a "few tourists", right? And no one put up a gallows? Or assaulted police officers with weapons? Made death threats to Pence, Pelosi, and other sitting officials? Vandalized the Capitol building?

After all, its not like it was all caught on tape, hundreds arrested already and the Feds (most of whom have been Republican long before Trump ever sniffed his nomination) hunting down thousands more that were there.

No, not tourists.  They were protestors who got stupid/violent.  And those who broke the law got what they deserved.

But there was no plan.  If there had been, they would have mostly been armed and used them inside the Capitol.  And they would have finished the job instead of leaving before dinner time.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc said:

No, not tourists.  They were protestors who got stupid/violent.  And those who broke the law got what they deserved.

But there was no plan.  If there had been, they would have mostly been armed and used them inside the Capitol.  And they would have finished the job instead of leaving before dinner time.

A lot of idiots have said, "well we don't know if there were no weapons because they didn't search everybody",  Amazing logic and great legal minds concluding that search and seizure without probable cause and guilty before proven innocent are cornerstone principles of the legal system.

The facts are many got more than they deserved.  Political prisoners.  Solitary confinement 23/7 in maximum security, some denied medical care, chronic mistreatment, held without bail for 18 months on misdemeanor trespass charges.  Not just cruel and unusual punishment.  Because punishment comes after charges, trial, and conviction.  Clearly violations of 8th Amendment.  But who cares, right?  Certainly nobody cheering on this Kangaroo Court clown show.

What's ironic about people supporting this goose-stepping fascist behavior and abuse of power is they're all too dumb to figure out that there's nothing stopping these thugs from coming for them and they might be next when the enforcers get different marching orders.     

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A lot of idiots have said, "well we don't know if there were no weapons because they didn't search everybody",  Amazing logic and great legal minds concluding that search and seizure without probable cause and guilty before proven innocent are cornerstone principles of the legal system.

The facts are many got more than they deserved.  Political prisoners.  Solitary confinement 23/7 in maximum security, some denied medical care, chronic mistreatment, held without bail for 18 months on misdemeanor trespass charges.  Not just cruel and unusual punishment.  Because punishment comes after charges, trial, and conviction.  Clearly violations of 8th Amendment.  But who cares, right?  Certainly nobody cheering on this Kangaroo Court clown show.

What's ironic about people supporting this goose-stepping fascist behavior and abuse of power is they're all too dumb to figure out that there's nothing stopping these thugs from coming for them and they might be next when the enforcers get different marching orders.     

They'll never, ever come for me or for those who share my political views! 

Nope, never gonna happen.

You all can deny facts for the rest of your lives but when the history books will be written about J6, they will be base upon the results uncovered by this committee. Your grandchildren will be reading about that day from the evidence and testimony submitted by the committee. If you don’t like it, maybe Trump will write another book he can sell to the believers of alternate history. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The irony is that that's what we've been saying about voter fraud, i.e. "how do we know there was no cheating if we don't check voter ID?"  The difference here is that no one used a weapon outside, much less inside, the Capitol.

45 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

You all can deny facts for the rest of your lives but when the history books will be written about J6, they will be base upon the results uncovered by this committee. Your grandchildren will be reading about that day from the evidence and testimony submitted by the committee. If you don’t like it, maybe Trump will write another book he can sell to the believers of alternate history. 

History will associate this committee and its reality TV show atmosphere with the McCarthy hearings of the 1950's.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

The history of the Buffalo Bills....written by Patriots* fans....

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

The irony is that that's what we've been saying about voter fraud, i.e. "how do we know there was no cheating if we don't check voter ID?"  The difference here is that no one used a weapon outside, much less inside, the Capitol.

👆What’s the word you like to often use @Doc?

FEELZ???

That pretty much sums up your POV above cause the FACTS are not on your side - as usual.

Evidence of firearms in Jan. 6 crowd grows as arrests and trials mount

Yes, Capitol Rioters Were Armed. Here Are The Weapons Prosecutors Say They Used: stun guns, pepper spray, knives, baseball bats, flagpoles wielded as clubs and pipe bombs too.

Here’s Every Weapon The Capitol Rioters Are Accused Of Having On Jan. 6

So many FEELLLZZZ @Doc - so little time.

idiots 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

You have an inclination toward hyperbole, I'll say that.  Still, you've really said nothing at all here of  substance beyond the indication you know exactly how future...uh...history books will be written.  In that regard, you would be excellent on a political committee of this nature.  Now, since you know, don't keep us in the dark:

What criminal charges will be filed against Trump tying him directly to rioters, and/or criminal organizations on 1/6?

What will the outcome of his trial(s) look like?  

Will he serve jail time, and if so, for how long?

For what it's worth, if I'm blessed with grandchildren one day, I would simply advise them that the following, common sense guideline to understanding the political element of the US goes like this:

• Consider the agenda of the person/people asking you to believe in them;
  • Consider your own agenda, what's in your best interest, and start out with a heavy dose of cynicism;
  • Remember there are typically three sides to every story, and the truth can be the hardest side to find;
  • Consider the history of those telling their story, and their relative trustworthiness and credibility;
  • Remember that throughout history, many people have believed many things that turned out to be completely false or grossly misrepresented;
  • Finally, my favorite:
    • Everyone with more than a passing interest in politics knows that blind and absolute faith in what politicians say or do is a recipe for disaster.  The number of times officials in government have lied to the people is impossible to know, but it's substantial.  However, when a new shiny penny catches the eye of the general public, many people forget what they always knew, rush in foolishly, certain that 'their guy' is beyond reproach, and end up looking foolish.  Don't be foolish. 

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

History will associate this committee and its reality TV show atmosphere with the McCarthy hearings of the 1950's.    

I feel like that was covered when Mueller lied and people cried. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You have an inclination toward hyperbole, I'll say that.  Still, you've really said nothing at all here of  substance beyond the indication you know exactly how future...uh...history books will be written.  In that regard, you would be excellent on a political committee of this nature.  Now, since you know, don't keep us in the dark:

What criminal charges will be filed against Trump tying him directly to rioters, and/or criminal organizations on 1/6?

What will the outcome of his trial(s) look like?  

Will he serve jail time, and if so, for how long?

For what it's worth, if I'm blessed with grandchildren one day, I would simply advise them that the following, common sense guideline to understanding the political element of the US goes like this:

• Consider the agenda of the person/people asking you to believe in them;
  • Consider your own agenda, what's in your best interest, and start out with a heavy dose of cynicism;
  • Remember there are typically three sides to every story, and the truth can be the hardest side to find;
  • Consider the history of those telling their story, and their relative trustworthiness and credibility;
  • Remember that throughout history, many people have believed many things that turned out to be completely false or grossly misrepresented;
  • Finally, my favorite:
    • Everyone with more than a passing interest in politics knows that blind and absolute faith in what politicians say or do is a recipe for disaster.  The number of times officials in government have lied to the people is impossible to know, but it's substantial.  However, when a new shiny penny catches the eye of the general public, many people forget what they always knew, rush in foolishly, certain that 'their guy' is beyond reproach, and end up looking foolish.  Don't be foolish. 

I feel like that was covered when Mueller lied and people cried. 

Mueller lied? 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That's what you pulled out of the post?  Delightful. :flirt:

Dude, I had to find a word that rhymed with 'cried'.  

Focusing on petty details is a lot easier response than inviting massive cognitive dissonance that would be produced by the likelihood that Trump will never be charged, never be tried, and never be convicted of anything related to the 1/6 political theatrics.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The "witness" should have talked to Trump and recorded it.  Right now they have nothing but supposition.

I don't think I would do that if I were in their shoes unless my lawyer was with me and approved. 

@ChiGoose

"We need to wait until the investigation is done and all the testimony is released on the 12th of never...I mean September"

Unless there is bombshell testimony that supports my pre conceived conclusion that Trump is guilty.  In that case we must listen and believe it NOW!

6 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

@ChiGoose

"We need to wait until the investigation is done and all the testimony is released on the 12th of never...I mean September"

Unless there is bombshell testimony that supports my pre conceived conclusion that Trump is guilty.  In that case we must listen and believe it NOW!

Trump is guilty - why else did all of this BS happen? Who was to benefit? 

On 7/12/2022 at 5:58 PM, DRsGhost said:

THIS time you got him?

:lol:

DeSantis is more popular than Trump. He became more popular by being a smarter, more palatable Trump.  He didn't bother asking for Trump's endorsement. If he and Mitch McConnell decide to play ball with the Democrats, Trump is toast.  If for no other reason than it gives GOP elites a way to put Trump out to pasture without losing Trump's voters.  Which is the ideal outcome for them. 

7 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

DeSantis is more popular than Trump. He became more popular by being a smarter, more palatable Trump.  He didn't bother asking for Trump's endorsement. If he and Mitch McConnell decide to play ball with the Democrats, Trump is toast.  If for no other reason than it gives GOP elites a way to put Trump out to pasture without losing Trump's voters.  Which is the ideal outcome for them. 

You’re right. The mistake that Nancy is making is thinking that the allegiance is to Trump, the man. It isn’t! It is to the idea of a Trump figure who’ll speak truth to power. The best analogy I can come up with is that Trump was John the Baptist. He is not the savior. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

47 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Ok.

What does any of the above have to do with the umpteenth we've got Trump this time media/left circle jerk?

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

What you’re suggesting is a conspiracy of sorts between the leadership of both major political parties to potentially disembowel the collective will of the average R voter.   Are you suggesting this is what happens in Washington?  

Jk, of course this sort of thing happens in Warshington!   The establishment R had no use for Trump until he won.  I believe they would have preferred Hillary win.  

It’s yet another reason that people generally do not trust politicians.