Sunday Ticket Negotiations

Buffalo Boy

A “relative” in the family has EVERYTHING! The source, of course, would not be considered kosher, but it is very reliable! I have seen multiple NFL games and they dabbble in everything from the NHL to Rugby +Disney + + +.

The only thing I love- at the bar is the Red Zone. Fantastic, especially for those of us with ‘interests’. Of course, my family member has that too!

2 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

A “relative” in the family has EVERYTHING! The source, of course, would not be considered kosher, but it is very reliable! I have seen multiple NFL games and they dabbble in everything from the NHL to Rugby +Disney + + +.

The only thing I love- at the bar is the Red Zone. Fantastic, especially for those of us with ‘interests’. Of course, my family member has that too!

As I stated either here or somewhere else all theses non kosher streams and methods likely lead to decline of Sat subscription for directv.  I guess I am biased by the fact I have been a subscriber since directv had sunday ticket circa 1996 and have enjoyed the offering for all these years.   

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm already a YouTube TV subscriber. Hope they don't charge too much. Also hope they allow ala carte games since the Bills are on national TV so much.

i believe they will be required to offer individual team packages under a class action suit that forced NBA/NHL/MLB to offer team channels through cable.

if they absorb it into a standard subscription item snd not an add on thrn maybe not.

this is a turn off to me with having to fully subscribe to a tv package just to get games.

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

As I stated either here or somewhere else all theses non kosher streams and methods likely lead to decline of Sat subscription for directv.  I guess I am biased by the fact I have been a subscriber since directv had sunday ticket circa 1996 and have enjoyed the offering for all these years.   

Are you a junkie that requires all of the games at once? At the bar we do, because we can simultaneously watch 6 games. At home, I do get the Bills and minimum 2 others at 1:00p.m. and the 2 headline 4:00 p.m. games- EVERY week on my regular cable service.

I ask, because I’m considering playing the poor retired Seniors card and asking if they’ll add RedZone gratis.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

I'm dropping directv and looking at Hulu Live TV.  Now not sure what to do

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

great points. I forgot about how we can’t use sunday ticket log-in on multiple devices at the same time. That is fine now, but with a streaming-only service, i was thinking of doing just that. 

I think what I will end up doing is switching to YouTube Tv for everything. I suspect that at least will solve the issue with flipping to local games. 

I have been a Youtube TV sub for a little over 4 years now I think. With he sports package and HBO, think we pay about $90/month. However, i use it at our place in DC, our home in Richmond, both my kids use it at their homes, as does the co-owner of the place in DC in their Richmond home. Everyone gets a separate login and separate on line DVR, and i have had no issues.

I set Richmond as my home market,  technically all the other logins are supposed to be in same house. But  for my kids that do not live here, once every three months or so i need to log into their account from Richmond, watch TV for like 10 minutes, and then it resets as if they are "traveling" which is perfectly a okay. 

It will be interesting to see if one sub will also provide access on all "Family Sharing" accounts

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, buffalonian said:

Apparently it would have been cheaper for fans had Apple won the contract rather than YouTube.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/21/report-youtube-to-pay-2-5-billion-per-year-for-sunday-ticket/

The NFL sucks for this. So now instead of directv plus extra for Sunday Ticket, we now need youtube TV and extra for Sunday ticket. Does the NFL think everyone will now switch to youtube TV?

Edited by nucci
  • Agree 1

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for YouTube. If they charge the going rate, and you must have the full service, I don’t see this as profitable. Paying 1 Billion more than DTV did doesn’t make sense. Do they believe it will pull in that many subscribers?  What’s the collateral upsell for them?

I would love to see the à la carte. Team only, games only, ST only.  Maybe even weekly.

I am moving on from DTV now for sure. I was going to go with Spectrum streaming.  Now I will wait and see if YT has a new subscriber deal with free ST.  Just can’t see paying full price ever for ST.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

From what I've read Apple was willing to pay that amount but offer it as part of Apple TV subscription. The NFL wanted them to charge us directv prices

yep, just read the PFT article. Seems like if the NFL wanted to offer it lower price, CBS and FOX would not have paid as much for the Sunday games.Never thought about it that way.

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for YouTube. If they charge the going rate, and you must have the full service, I don’t see this as profitable. Paying 1 Billion more than DTV did doesn’t make sense. Do they believe it will pull in that many subscribers?  What’s the collateral upsell for them?

I would love to see the à la carte. Team only, games only, ST only.  Maybe even weekly.

I am moving on from DTV now for sure. I was going to go with Spectrum streaming.  Now I will wait and see if YT has a new subscriber deal with free ST.  Just can’t see paying full price ever for ST.

I would sure as hell think they would. Streaming services like YOUTUBE and Fubo still in its infancy. Much like Direct TV used Sunday Ticket to make headway and fuel subscriber growth,  think this will propel plenty of folks who have been reluctant to switch reconsider. 

And yes, i would think they would have plenty of deals come July..and if they are smart start offering them as soon as possible to get people to move ASAP.

• Like (+1) 2

Unlike @nucci, I got ST free this year, but still pay about $125 a month for DTV, with no other add-on channels.  YouTube TV is about $65/month with most of the channels I need other than History and MASN.  The $60/month I'll save should easily pay for the new ST package.  

Making the DTV "cancel call" the day after the season ends, but I think there will quite a wait to get a customer service rep.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Unlike @nucci, I got ST free this year, but still pay about $125 a month for DTV, with no other add-on channels.  YouTube TV is about $65/month with most of the channels I need other than History and MASN.  The $60/month I'll save should easily pay for the new ST package.  

Making the DTV "cancel call" the day after the season ends, but I think there will quite a wait to get a customer service rep.  

I'm leaning toward  Hulu Live TV right now. Hopefully we learn more very soon. I'll be making that same call

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.