Sunday Ticket Negotiations

Buffalo Boy

On 6/24/2022 at 7:52 PM, Steel City Mafia said:

https://playersklubiptv.com

Just go with an IPTV service ^

I got this because of this recommendation over the summer. I live in Albany but not every game is on so I needed a backup. Bang for your buck it's unbelievable. It's my go to plan B for everything. The other night the local NBC on Sunday Night Football runs a scroll at 11:00 to let people know the news is coming. They leave it up for 20 minutes. To make room they compress the screen so everyone looks funny. Drives me crazy so I switched over to this and tuned into virtually any other NBC station in the country. 

On 12/17/2022 at 10:35 AM, WhoTom said:

The Firestick plugs into the TV's HDMI input and the antenna connects to the antenna input. To switch back and forth between Sunday Ticket (streaming) and local broadcast, I use my TV remote to change the source from one to the other. Takes about 2 seconds.

I do the same thing when streaming Sunday Ticket thru my Roku stick and watching blacked out games with my over the air antenna.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

The NFL sucks for this. So now instead of directv plus extra for Sunday Ticket, we now need youtube TV and extra for Sunday ticket. Does the NFL think everyone will now switch to youtube TV?

The nfl made 2.5 billion off of the deal.  Do you think they care if you switch?

25 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm leaning toward  Hulu Live TV right now. Hopefully we learn more very soon. I'll be making that same call

The Hulu Live TV interface blows.  I mean seriously...it's awful.  YouTubeTV's interface blows it away.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll reserve judgement until a deal is finalized and pricing is released, but not a fan so far.  I was really hoping for Apple as their streaming quality and interface is typically solid.

If YoutubeTV gets it, I hope there's an option to just get the NFL Package.  $65 a month is nuts.  That's $260 for the season, assuming they don't up the price once the deal is done

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

When I cut the cord, one reason I didn't get YouTube TV is that lack of the Bloomberg Channel.

I do my own financial planning and I am a Bloomberg junkie.  It's the reason I have Sling TV.

The good news is I just found out for Roku users (not sure about others) is a free channel called "News World" which has

Bloomberg Channel Live for free!

If I have to move over to YouTube TV for football purposes (still hoping I can get it as a stand-alone package) at least

I can get my Bloomberg!

• Like (+1) 1

The good news is that anyone with the money can subscribe, even if it comes with extras like YouTube tv that you don't really care about.

Direct TVs biggest problem was the need for expensive hardware that many people, especially in apartment buildings, couldn't install.

You could go back and forth with them but if their system said you could get direct TV service then no amount of money would get you the Sunday ticket streaming package.

This is at least better in that if you want it and are willing to pay you can get it. 

Direct TV is a dinosaur anyway. Ironically fast satellite internet will make streaming easy for people in the boonies, spelling the end for satellite TV 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

Over all I'm happy that someone other than Directv is going to have Sunday Ticket. 

I went streaming and even tried the Directv streaming service which was cheaper than having traditional Directv and associated receivers et.  Unfortunately they would not sell the Sunday Ticket as a stand alone to me as my physical location had access to the satellite service.  I tried to BS them with my neighbors tree is blocking the antenna excuse, no luck.  I canceled the service.  At that point I piggy backed on my Sister in Law's directv service.  I paid her for the Sunday Ticket package and watched it on the Sunday Ticket app on the firestick.

Then the kneeling crap started and I didn't really care about watching for a couple years.  The NFL got they're act together and solved that problem.

Now that the Bill's are winning and popular I don't miss many games.  This weekends game won't be on the local cbs station so I'll probably fire up NordVPN and watch the game on Paramount +

Directv, Dish and traditional cable are shedding customers as more and more switch to streaming services.

I understand that many will not be thrilled with having to move to YouTube TV, but it's still a cheaper alternative than Directv ever was.  With Youtube TV Plus ( an extra $10 per month), you get to have unlimited streams on your home network and 3 streams outside your home network.  Our son uses one of those 3 streams.  I'm sure there are some creative folks out there to split the cost 3 ways to reduce the cost further...

Put me in the 'I'm glad YouTube TV is going to win the contract' group.

While I dislike the prices from DirecTV, the advantage that I have is that often I can't watch the game live as my son plays baseball and lacrosse and there's either a game or a practice when the games are on. So, I record the game on my DVR and tell everybody not to text or call me until I have watched the game!!! 

With streaming, I don't know if there's an ability to record the game and watch later. 

Whoever gets the NFL, hope it shows better than the choppy shutter stream on Prime…..or am I the only one who has this issue with TNF?

Have MLB & NBA streaming apps, they only occasionally do what Prime does every game, on both my not cheap TV’s with fios service.

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

While I dislike the prices from DirecTV, the advantage that I have is that often I can't watch the game live as my son plays baseball and lacrosse and there's either a game or a practice when the games are on. So, I record the game on my DVR and tell everybody not to text or call me until I have watched the game!!! 

With streaming, I don't know if there's an ability to record the game and watch later. 

Yes, they all offer a cloud DVR service.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Whoever gets the NFL, hope it shows better than the choppy shutter stream on Prime…..or am I the only one who has this issue with TNF?

I have the same issue.  Have been researching online and am adjusting the judder control by turning off the motion smoothing. Most TV manufacturers have their own name for the feature. 

I notice a lot of pixelation on games broadcast over the air. Hoping the judder adjustment corrects that too. 

I have a Samsung that is about 7 years old with a 60hz refresh rate. Very disappointed with this TV from the start. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

Just hoping I can buy Sunday ticket through YouTube without having YouTube TV. 

Agree wholeheartedly. But it doesn’t sound like that is going to be an option. The whole reason YouTube tv is doing this deal and spending billions is because they are already counting on all the $65/month subscriptions they will get now due to the Sunday ticket. 

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Have MLB & NBA streaming apps, they only occasionally do what Prime does every game, on both my not cheap TV’s with fios service.

No. The Amazon Prime stream is awful. It is worse than the free dark web sites I normally use. My normal Prime is great, but their streaming is terrible. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Youtube TV includes unlimited cloud storage to record programming.  Unlike DTV, it's included in the monthly subscription - no additional fees.  I believe their cloud storage holds your programs for 9 days.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.