Sunday Ticket Negotiations

Buffalo Boy

26 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Right, I just moved into a new house a few months ago and now am locked into a 2 year agreement with Xfinity cable. There is no way I’m going to add on $65/month for YouTube tv in addition to the cable bill im stuck with for 21 more months. You can always count on the NFL to do the wrong thing when it comes to fans and their desire to stream games. 

I'm dropping directv and looking at Hulu Live TV.  Now not sure what to do

26 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Right, I just moved into a new house a few months ago and now am locked into a 2 year agreement with Xfinity cable. There is no way I’m going to add on $65/month for YouTube tv in addition to the cable bill im stuck with for 21 more months. You can always count on the NFL to do the wrong thing when it comes to fans and their desire to stream games. 

Wondering if the loss of subs is mostly bade on illegal streams available for those who want to watch football but don’t care if they have to keep looking for a stream.  Personally I want to know I have a reliable broadcast , have a quick way to access it and  ability to pause , rewind or ff 

I had YouTube TV, then switched to Fubo for MSG and Sabres games. While at a community meeting for a new cable service coming into my neighborhood, this one guy kept singing the praises of EyeStream TV. So I looked into it.

You literally get ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX, from every major city and some less populated communities in the whole US, including Hawaii and Alaska. You also get all NFL (including Red Zone), MLB, NHL, NBA, and regional sports stations, ESPN +, not to mention HBO, Showtime, Starz, Pay-Per-View, as well as some foreign stations from England, Italy, etc. You also get over 2500 classic and current movies and classic and current TV Series.

If you think this is illegal, you would be wrong. You can have (depending on your package) up to 8 connections. And for Chromecast/Firestick etc and mobile, you have up to 4 picture-in-picture viewing options, so you can watch 4 games at once. You can also watch on your computer/laptop. You don't get the multi-view option on the web player.

Cost anywhere from $40 to $60 per month depending on your package. I have the 6 connection package and I pay just over $50 a month.

Only drawbacks? Not available on Roku TV or devices. They are working on getting Roku up and running. They had to totally rewrite the Roku app for this. All other streaming platforms work flawlessly. (I have Chromecast in a Roku TV, and purchased a Chromecast specifically for EyeStream). Also, they don't really have a DVR option. They have a handful of stations for "catchup", where you can rewind what you just watched, and can record those stations. 

Customer service? They have a Facebook private group where the founder and owner of EyeStream, along with his customer support team answer questions within the hour. They also have text and email support. 

So you can see a Raiders/Patriots play, and then right after the game, tune into Boston TV stations or NESN and hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Something I forgot to do and missed a golden opportunity at comedy gold. 

EyeStream TV

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 1

I subscribe to YouTube TV, so I'd be up for this.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/nfl-sunday-ticket-rights-may-be-heading-to-googles-youtube-tv-report-claims/

I'm looking forward to NFL Sunday ticket being available on a streaming service and not locked into Directv.  YouTube TV, Prime, Apple, what ever.  I dumped Directv several years ago, too expensive.

YouTube TV at less than $70 per month is a good option.  Lot's of sports plus the local channels.

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I had YouTube TV, then switched to Fubo for MSG and Sabres games. While at a community meeting for a new cable service coming into my neighborhood, this one guy kept singing the praises of EyeStream TV. So I looked into it.

You literally get ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX, from every major city and some less populated communities in the whole US, including Hawaii and Alaska. You also get all NFL (including Red Zone), MLB, NHL, NBA, and regional sports stations, ESPN +, not to mention HBO, Showtime, Starz, Pay-Per-View, as well as some foreign stations from England, Italy, etc. You also get over 2500 classic and current movies and classic and current TV Series.

If you think this is illegal, you would be wrong. You can have (depending on your package) up to 8 connections. And for Chromecast/Firestick etc and mobile, you have up to 4 picture-in-picture viewing options, so you can watch 4 games at once. You can also watch on your computer/laptop. You don't get the multi-view option on the web player.

Cost anywhere from $40 to $60 per month depending on your package. I have the 6 connection package and I pay just over $50 a month.

Only drawback? Not available on Roku TV or devices. They are working on getting Roku up and running. They had to totally rewrite the Roku app for this. All other streaming platforms work flawlessly. (I have Chromecast in a Roku TV, and purchased a Chromecast specifically for EyeStream). 

Customer service? They have a Facebook private group where the founder and owner of EyeStream, along with his customer support team answer questions within the hour. They also have text and email support. 

So you can see a Raiders/Patriots play, and then right after the game, tune into Boston TV stations or NESN and hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Something I forgot to do and missed a golden opportunity at comedy gold. 

EyeStream TV

image.thumb.jpeg.8a2b71d2986d526b9147e6f67d7c482f.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Only drawbacks? Not available on Roku TV or devices. They are working on getting Roku up and running. They had to totally rewrite the Roku app for this. All other streaming platforms work flawlessly. (I have Chromecast in a Roku TV, and purchased a Chromecast specifically for EyeStream). Also, they don't really have a DVR option. They have a handful of stations for "catchup", where you can rewind what you just watched, and can record those stations. 

EyeStream TV

So you are saying that you can watch any NFL a game live just by switching to the local area station covering the game????

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

So you are saying that you can watch any NFL a game live just by switching to the local area station covering the game????

Better than that. You just go into the NFL group of stations, click on a team name, and watch that team's game.  That or they have all the games listed in time order every week. 

Edited by Draconator

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Better than that. You just go into the NFL group of stations, click on a team name, and watch that team's game.  That or they have all the games listed in time order every week. 

Looks like no app in Apple Store and sure seems illegal since it’s allowing broadcast of NFL games to out of area locations.

Just now, Xwnyer said:

Looks like no app in Apple Store and sure seems illegal since it’s allowing broadcast of NFL games to out of area locations.

They do have an app in the Apple Store. Just have to look it up. 

And 100% legal

Apple App instructions

2105457668_ScreenShot2022-12-21at7_09_02AM.png.58c099dd9153077acbc4ced38f543239.png

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

One thing I liked with Directv ST using a receiver is that I could do PIP an and and watch 2 games either side by side or one in a smaller window.  None of the streaming options support this and when using the streaming ST agai couldn’t watch one game on iPad and another on appletv or ST app.   Hoping YouTube TV a will support multiple windows or at least multiple logins   I a still holding out hope that I can still get a sat option but doubt whomever wins the stream will offer it.  personally I would love to see Directv win in this and provide a streaming and satellite offering. It would greatly enhance the DTV stream product and integrate the two into a single offering.

great points. I forgot about how we can’t use sunday ticket log-in on multiple devices at the same time. That is fine now, but with a streaming-only service, i was thinking of doing just that. 

I think what I will end up doing is switching to YouTube Tv for everything. I suspect that at least will solve the issue with flipping to local games. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Draconator said:

RareApple.TK:8080

access denied but not about to download an app that isn't in the app store.    I guess after this season is done may play around with it.  I do have a fire stick I could connect and download that app for test purposes

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

great points. I forgot about how we can’t use sunday ticket log-in on multiple devices at the same time. That is fine now, but with a streaming-only service, i was thinking of doing just that. 

I think what I will end up doing is switching to YouTube Tv for everything. I suspect that at least will solve the issue with flipping to local games. 

Hopefully whoever the next provider is has a way to allow multiple devices on same network but this would likely be through there app and not the Sunday ticket app (since they haven’t figured it out)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.