Saffold Tweet

dollars 2 donuts

Everybody receives poor service occasionally if you’re fortunate enough to be able to afford that luxury. Almost everybody shakes their head, tells their friends of the lousy experience and never returns.

If Saffold knows for a fact he encountered racism then he should be naming names and establishments and locations. I think everybody would appreciate knowing where not to go and spend money.

this vague tweet is lame and just causes division.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

At the risk of being labeled "Old man yelling at cloud," this is one of the things I can't stand about Twitter (and FB, to a somewhat lesser extent) - some people just post a random thought with no context. How are we supposed to respond to a short cryptic post?

“why do we think we are we supposed to respond”

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, julian said:

Everybody receives poor service occasionally if you’re fortunate enough to be able to afford that luxury. Almost everybody shakes their head, tells their friends of the lousy experience and never returns.

If Saffold knows for a fact he encountered racism then he should be naming names and establishments and locations. I think everybody would appreciate knowing where not to go and spend money.

this vague tweet is lame and just causes division.

I'm going to disagree with this. Had Saffold been specific, it would only have gotten bigger with opposing sides shouting about racism vs "cancel culture." Why would he want to lend his name to that? Why would he invite accusations of "playing the racism/victim card?" It's enough for us casual observers to know this sort of thing still goes on, and move forward from there. And if Saffold didn't see the need to escalate the situation further, I'll trust his judgement.

If he knows it was racism and give the specifics of the encounter, then the only people being vocal against him would be racists. Who cares if a handful of racists are upset right ?

He just did invite accusations of playing the race card with his tweet, the difference being that with no specific details, those accusations actually carry some weight.

racists should be exposed, it’s looking more like his opinion of one’s behaviour is related to racism without any proof. 

just add the details, but I have to assume they’re aren’t any

37 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

“why do we think we are we supposed to respond”

Social media implies some type of interaction. Otherwise, it's a journal or a diary.

4 hours ago, HT02 said:
  1.  The restaurant could be anywhere
  2. There are no details
  3. There are 2 sides to every story

Thank you. Just tweet what happened, not some vage cryptic statement that does nothing but cause people to speculate. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll go ahead and lock it up.

If you ever want to lock/delete/hide one of your threads in the future, I think you can do the the following:

In the upper right corner of your original post there's three horizontal dots that, when you click, should give you a dropdown.

That dropdown should at least have an edit option you can click on that should provide several boxes to choose from; the dropdown itself may also even contain those other options in addition to the edit button. I can't be 100% certain what the user layout looks like compared to the mod layout.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic