Jump to content

Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)


MAJBobby
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Wydermyer has a huge uphill climb to beat out Sweeney.  Wydermyer runs like he has cement in his shoes and can’t block for ***** at his size.  

 

Are you looking at a 40 time or game tape? He plays much faster than his 40 time at the underwear olympics.

I posted some videos upthread. He looks like a TE with very good hands to me.

 

Wydermeyer was top 2 in Rec/ Rec Yards and Rec TDs the past two years at Texas A&M against SEC competition.

He was a blocker for Isaiah Spiller who did just fine.

 

He may not be a world beater, but I think he has a chance.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

I agree 100%. Some folks were saying he was sick during those workouts. That could be a part of the issue.

 

A lot of fans confuse 40 time with play speed. Rarely is some guy getting a clean release and running in a straight line in a game. Guys like Breece Hall have a fast 40, but don't seem to play up to that speed. (still plenty fast and a bit shifty). James Conner looks like he is running in cement, but he produces.

 

Wydermeyer plays faster than his 40 time. Some guys are just good football players without great measurables/ RAS scores, or less than ideal size.

 

This kid plays football better than workout numbers would show. I think he has a legitimate shot to make the team and work onto the 53. Sweeney has his work cut out this offseason. Competition like that should help make this squad better.


Yeah the guys that excel sometimes just have that track background and have done a lot of that straight line stuff. I like Wydermeyer’s potential a lot. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d feel a lot more comfortable at TE if Wydermyer beats out Sweeney.  Sweeney had a chance this past year, specifically Jax, and was a disaster.  Last year of his deal.. he doesn’t seem to show TE2 potential. 

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d feel a lot more comfortable at TE if Wydermyer beats out Sweeney.  Sweeney had a chance this past year, specifically Jax, and was a disaster.  Last year of his deal.. he doesn’t seem to show TE2 potential. 

 

If Howard can approach his first 3 seasons, TE won't be a big concern.  Sweeney's a longshot to make the PS even.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

If Howard can approach his first 3 seasons, TE won't be a big concern.  Sweeney's a longshot to make the PS even.


Oh, I’m not worried about this year.  I’m talking about having a developmental prospect on the roster who can eventually become TE2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh, I’m not worried about this year.  I’m talking about having a developmental prospect on the roster who can eventually become TE2. 

 

They've got Quintin Morris. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

Are you looking at a 40 time or game tape? He plays much faster than his 40 time at the underwear olympics.

I posted some videos upthread. He looks like a TE with very good hands to me.

 

Wydermeyer was top 2 in Rec/ Rec Yards and Rec TDs the past two years at Texas A&M against SEC competition.

He was a blocker for Isaiah Spiller who did just fine.

 

He may not be a world beater, but I think he has a chance.

I would be shocked if Sweeney beat out Wyndermyer. He's so much faster on tape and makes catches Sweeney couldn't dream of making. He was sick when he ran at pro day so you can toss that out.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I would be shocked if Sweeney beat out Wyndermyer. He's so much faster on tape and makes catches Sweeney couldn't dream of making. He was sick when he ran at pro day so you can toss that out.

 

Given my offseason posts I guess I am the leader of two fan clubs:

 

Ryan Bates fan club

Jalen Wydermeyer fan club

 

I'll stand by these two role players. I think both are very good football players!

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

Given my offseason posts I guess I am the leader of two fan clubs:

 

Ryan Bates fan club

Jalen Wydermeyer fan club

 

I'll stand by these two role players. I think both are very good football players!


Yeah I love Bates. I mean every time he has played, he did a great job. Athletic, young, former left tackle. I am excited to see what he does over an entire season. 
 

I am with you on Wydermyer too. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sportrac already has Wydermyer and RB Blackshear accounted for.

 

What I find interesting is that Blackshear got 15k signing bonus, while Wydermyer got nothing.

 

Do I understand it correctly that this is something what depends only on the agreement between the specific player and the team? 

 

Anyway, it would be great if Wydermyer could stick. Talented depth players with 700k cap hit this year and 870k-980k next two years is exactly what we need.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:


Yeah I love Bates. I mean every time he has played, he did a great job. Athletic, young, former left tackle. I am excited to see what he does over an entire season. 
 

I am with you on Wydermyer too. 

 

I had a total melt down on the Bates RFA threads. I admit it 🤣 I did not like that game of bluff at all.

 

Bates added a whole new dimension to the OL late in the season. Apparently an OG can move from his original position and block elsewhere! Did you know that? This is called 'pulling your Offensive Guard'. Not sure it is fair since Buffalo hadn't done it in almost a decade. Who knew Bates could do it and was good at it?

 

For those of you at home, not paying attention please watch a few times:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/devin-singletary-rushes-for-a-16-yard-touchdown-bills-vs-pats-wild-card

look at the 0:20 mark. Bates pulls quickly along the line and blocks Van Noy and springs Motor. This is a good talent for your OG to have.

 

As for Weydermeyer, he has to beat out Sweeney. Wydermeyer has excellent hands. I'd rather take a TE who could use some blocking help with Kromer, than a blocking TE who needs to learn hands (sorry Knox!). Sweeney ran a 4.83 40 while healthy, Wydermeyer ran a 5.03 while sick. Neither are burners. I'll go with Wydermeyer's hands in the end zone.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Wydermyer has a huge uphill climb to beat out Sweeney.  Wydermyer runs like he has cement in his shoes and can’t block for ***** at his size.  

The bar is so low here.....Sweeney did NOT have a good year last year his blocking was horrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

I had a total melt down on the Bates RFA threads. I admit it 🤣 I did not like that game of bluff at all.

 

Bates added a whole new dimension to the OL late in the season. Apparently an OG can move from his original position and block elsewhere! Did you know that? This is called 'pulling your Offensive Guard'. Not sure it is fair since Buffalo hadn't done it in almost a decade. Who knew Bates could do it and was good at it?

 

For those of you at home, not paying attention please watch a few times:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/devin-singletary-rushes-for-a-16-yard-touchdown-bills-vs-pats-wild-card

look at the 0:20 mark. Bates pulls quickly along the line and blocks Van Noy and springs Motor. This is a good talent for your OG to have.

 

As for Weydermeyer, he has to beat out Sweeney. Wydermeyer has excellent hands. I'd rather take a TE who could use some blocking help with Kromer, than a blocking TE who needs to learn hands (sorry Knox!). Sweeney ran a 4.83 40 while healthy, Wydermeyer ran a 5.03 while sick. Neither are burners. I'll go with Wydermeyer's hands in the end zone.

 


I put that play in my playbook for my varsity team. Counter power away (wham) from tight bunch with a jet motion to the playside is just nasty on so many levels. Kick from the guard and seal from the f back. Just nasty. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’d feel a lot more comfortable at TE if Wydermyer beats out Sweeney.  Sweeney had a chance this past year, specifically Jax, and was a disaster.  Last year of his deal.. he doesn’t seem to show TE2 potential. 

 

I had very high hopes for Sweeney coming out of his draft but basically, This.  It's not an anomaly that our run game improved when we made Sweeney inactive and started using Tommy Doyle to block as TE2

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look, Wydermyer and Morris may be faster and more athletic than Tommy Sweeney, but have you SEEN his immeasurable chart?! 
 

1175E47A-7253-4F45-8B95-BA4B0315D0B4.thumb.jpeg.4d8d1614d8ec6d3f0d69050c2bdd32c2.jpeg

 

 

I’m going Sweeney all the way.

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

Look, Wydermyer and Morris may be faster and more athletic than Tommy Sweeney, but have you SEEN his immeasurable chart?! 
 

1175E47A-7253-4F45-8B95-BA4B0315D0B4.thumb.jpeg.4d8d1614d8ec6d3f0d69050c2bdd32c2.jpeg

 

 

I’m going Sweeney all the way.

 

 

Haha saving that chart 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...