Josh Allen is built for Buffalo

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love Josh Allen.

However, he is about to be THE apex of this league and he signed a quarter of billion dollar deal that he is going to see every penny of and when that is done he will probably have 10 more years and a half billion more dollars in his future.  Even he said recently that he is a little tired of losing some of the anonymity of his prior life that is long since gone, never to return.

I hate to be that guy, but I also can't ignore the reality of the changes that all this success brings to this young man's life.

So in short he is built for Buffalo, but unfortunately I don't think forever.  

Whaaaa?  

After his 14th season, let’s talk about it.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sad part is that's probably happened

Happened to a friend of mine @ Christmas time. 
good thing I brought him more as a gift.  

That was a Doberman. 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

No, after this contract.

He's not going to have anonymity in any NFL City LOL 

Are you calling him a liar because he said a hundred times pre-draft and post draft... That he wants to play his entire career in one city

He's a superstar he's going to be mobbed everywhere 

The kid hates every single division one college besides Wyoming.. and Eastern Michigan because they're the only two that offered 

The bills traded up and hitched their franchise to the kid.. pretty sure he's Really loyal

Edited by Buffalo716

14 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love Josh Allen.

However, he is about to be THE apex of this league and he signed a quarter of billion dollar deal that he is going to see every penny of and when that is done he will probably have 10 more years and a half billion more dollars in his future.  Even he said recently that he is a little tired of losing some of the anonymity of his prior life that is long since gone, never to return.

I hate to be that guy, but I also can't ignore the reality of the changes that all this success brings to this young man's life.

So in short he is built for Buffalo, but unfortunately I don't think forever.  

I’m confused this is his town and his team what makes you think he’s going to do anything else except retire in Buffalo

If anyone listens to the podcast "The Short Porch" it's 3 of the Yankees guys for Barstool..

One of them, Tommy Smokes shared a story on yesterday's podcast of going out Saturday with several friends from college  - 3 of whom from Buffalo all huge Bills fans.   

They happened to be at the club or outside it when Josh Allen drove up and walked in - or maybe it was out.  He said the 3 guys were in complete awe there was just silence.  And that Allen definitely had this aura about him.  

I think it was on the way out because he did say when Allen got in his car one of them did yell "Go Bills" and Allen gave a thumbs up.  

Tommy and the other guy on the podcast said they had met Allen before and they can see why he is a totally cool dude that people want to be around and that he just has this presence about him.  

If you fast forward to the 48 minute mark he tells the story from the weekend  About 5 minutes they talked about it.  

It was really cool I'm tuning in to hear my Yankee guys recap the week and out of nowhere they start talking about Allen, running into him, and how he is this huge superstar now.  In the middle of a Yankees podcast.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 7

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's not going to have anonymity in any NFL City LOL 

Are you calling him a liar because he said a hundred times pre-draft and post draft... That he wants to play his entire career in one city

He's a superstar he's going to be mobbed everywhere 

The kid hates every single division one college besides Wyoming.. and Eastern Michigan because they're the only two that offered 

The bills traded up and hitched their franchise to the kid.. pretty sure he's Really loyal

I never called him a liar.  I do think some times in some circumstances life changes for an individual.  Yeah, he's not going to have anonymity in any NFL city, so which NFL city without that anonymity does he want to be in a few years from now?  This is a generational talent and a world is his oyster player...meaning he gets to pick whatever he wants and whatever dollar value he wants.  I hope its here.  This is my home and I have family here, but I am also tied to here.  

Would I stay here in WNY, though, if I had MY choice at whatever standard I want?

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m confused this is his town and his team what makes you think he’s going to do anything else except retire in Buffalo

I hope he stays here, but as I responded to 716 above and as I stated in my post, I think things change.  

Btw, what if McDermott leaves?

What if the team changes?

What if Beane leaves?  

What if they don't win a Super Bowl?

What if they don't make it to a SB?

What if after a few years he really doesn't like the OC?

I know these are all what ifs, but these are all things that...kind of actually happen in sports and in life. 

What if around 2028 a Northern California  team has a s***load  of cash?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Lot's of Josh and GF Kissy photos making the rounds this offseason.  He's getting his love on.  Good for him.  That couple has it all..  (except a Super Bowl ring of course).

Speaking of rings I bet she is hoping for another kind of ring from Josh. 

a visit to NYC with deep pockets is a must. Expensive town!  But soooo much to do ..Its a pick and choose proposition. This is only a guess but if I were Britt on a birthday trip it has to include the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is STUNNING as is she. Happy Birthday girlie!

m

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.