Trying to buy a Bills flag...WT heck?

Tony P

Have you ever tried to buy a Bills flag (charging Buffalo logo) where the Buffalo is facing forward? It seems that on all the flags I can find, the Buffalo is facing backwards when the wind is blowing. 

I find this really strange. 

Bills flag.jpg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Ok. I get that it can probably be jury-rigged. But part of my point is that it should be facing the other way in the first place.

type in www.google.com

then type in

Buffalo Bills Flag.  

search 🔍 

it’s not rocket science 🧪 🧫  🧬

The rings belong on the ASS end

There is one that the pole is horizontal so the only way for it to be backwards is if you F it up.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

WTF is with WTH?

https://www.amazon.com/buffalo-bills-flag/s?k=buffalo+bills+flag

They all seem to have the eyelets at the back 

Yeah, I think that’s the overwhelming / standard way that graphic designers do that.

TonyP, just to be clear, you’re looking for one where the buffalo is headed into the flagpole? That would be like putting in a newspaper photo (I did copy editor / layout focus in j-school) or a FB picture that looks toward the left — off the page — and that just isn’t done as it looks extremely odd for visual flow. … In this case, it would be that the buffalo is free to run to the right, rather than the flagpole blocking its way. … It’s almost akin to asking / wanting the US flag to have the blue field of stars on the top outer edge when facing right; a lot of people are sometimes confused when they see the flag 🇺🇸 inverted horizontally on police / military uniforms when that badge is on the right shoulder, but it’s because the field of stars are always supposed to lead the way.

As Simon suggested, if it bothers you that much, grab a grommet set. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Have you ever tried to buy a Bills flag (charging Buffalo logo) where the Buffalo is facing forward? It seems that on all the flags I can find, the Buffalo is facing backwards when the wind is blowing. 

Bills flag.jpg

I would consider the photo you attached to be the "correct" way to do it.

The bison is charging with the wind.

It would look "backward" to me if he was heading the opposite way, charging toward the flag pole.

I would imagine this is why all the flags out there are designed this way--it's the way that makes sense!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

Bills flag.jpg

Looks pretty normal to me.

bbf.thumb.png.151f1015b8d7a42d08af42ee1251fa21.png

Edited by Tuco
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Your point is valid, but I don’t think the children in the sweatshops know/care which way the Buffalo is supposed to face. 

Ahhh....Oxford Pennant in downtown Buffalo makes Bills Flags, Banners etc.  The employees even had a non game day event at the stadium last  fall to commemorate those items.  No sweat shop, they are a good employers.  I think maybe about 50 folks.  I have a relative who works there so I am aware.  I don't think they have a company storefront however, but I could be wrong on that.  They are right downtown!  (I know, who knew!)

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.