Jump to content

Bills have almost $10 million in cap space available


Rubes
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I see people saying $2-3 million and also people saying $5 million. But the Bills can clear that with a Poyer or Edmunds extension. 

Well, remember that the cap is only tied to the top 51 players. My guess is that only 2-3 draft picks would bump the lower-end guys on that top 51 list out of range. And then the added cap allocation would be the difference in 2022 salaries between those rookies and the guys who fell off the list. That is why the $2-3M estimate is probably closer to being correct.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eball said:

 

I’d be surprised (if not shocked) if the Bills sign any additional FA WRs.  I think they’ll draft at least one, maybe two.

 

Amid all of the chatter I still think they go WR in the 1st round unless a “can’t miss” CB falls to 25.  They won’t trade up in the 1st.  After that, in the 2nd I see them taking one of the two stud RBs (Hall or Walker) if available, and they might trade up to do it.

 

I am not worried about CB.  I trust the coaching staff and this is also a deep draft for corners (from what I’ve read; I don’t scout).  I believe a vet CB signing is on the horizon following the draft.

 

But if they don't get a WR early, I could see them waiting until next year to draft one.  They will still have Diggs + Davis locked up.

 

And if they don't draft one, I think they will get a low priced vet WR to fill the outside WR3 spot.  People were surprised by the praise Sanders put on Davis but it makes a lot of sense when you view it as Sanders is keeping the option open for Buffalo to bring him back.  It was a public display to show he could accept being WR3 and not be a disruption to team chemistry.

 

I hope you're right and the draft goes WR and then even RB.  Then they use the resources and buy a good CB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But if they don't get a WR early, I could see them waiting until next year to draft one.  They will still have Diggs + Davis locked up.

 

And if they don't draft one, I think they will get a low priced vet WR to fill the outside WR3 spot.  People were surprised by the praise Sanders put on Davis but it makes a lot of sense when you view it as Sanders is keeping the option open for Buffalo to bring him back.  It was a public display to show he could accept being WR3 and not be a disruption to team chemistry.

 

I hope you're right and the draft goes WR and then even RB.  Then they use the resources and buy a good CB.

Sanders? Dudes done. No. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sanders? Dudes done. No. 

Who do you want?  Here are some of the choices:

 

Julio Jones - love it, but tough to get because he's used to big money $22M

Landry - head case and probably wants too much and not a good fit

W Fuller - good fit but last salary $10M

TY Hilton - interesting, last salary $8M

D Jackson - cheaper last salary $2M but old and played, might as well get Sanders

OBJ - coming off injury

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Who do you want?  Here are some of the choices:

 

Julio Jones - love it, but tough to get because he's used to big money $22M

Landry - head case and probably wants too much and not a good fit

W Fuller - good fit but last salary $10M

TY Hilton - interesting, last salary $8M

D Jackson - cheaper last salary $2M but old and played, might as well get Sanders

OBJ - coming off injury

 

Would love Jameson Williams if he falls…. Him or Olave if one of them are there at 25 is my preference. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Would love Jameson Williams if he falls…. Him or Olave if one of them are there at 25 is my preference. 

Sure - I like J Williams/T Burk/and even C Watson. 

 

But the question is if the FO goes a draft like Booth/Hall/T Anderson/IOL and doesn't get a WR.   Who do you want in FA?  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Augie said:

 

As I’ve been saying, I fully expect a vet CB before the draft. Beane likes to go into he draft without any real holes in the roster. Nobody too expensive, but fairly serviceable. I don’t have any idea who that might be, but it’s how he goes into the draft. 

 

 

 

That will get you a beer in the new stadium.  :)

 

 

.

I think they wait until after the draft to sign a vet CB. Why not see how the draft falls? 
 

I also think they go the route of Mercedes Benz Stadium, cheap beer, cheep food, get people in the building. I know most will still tailgate, but even if you get some people in the building it’s better than nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But if they don't get a WR early, I could see them waiting until next year to draft one.  They will still have Diggs + Davis locked up.

 

And if they don't draft one, I think they will get a low priced vet WR to fill the outside WR3 spot.  People were surprised by the praise Sanders put on Davis but it makes a lot of sense when you view it as Sanders is keeping the option open for Buffalo to bring him back.  It was a public display to show he could accept being WR3 and not be a disruption to team chemistry.

 

I hope you're right and the draft goes WR and then even RB.  Then they use the resources and buy a good CB.

I'd take Sanders back on a 1yr deal. Add Joe Haden as well. While I'd prefer Gilmore he probably is too expensive 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Veteran CB so they can load up on offense in the draft…

There is a lot to be said for that idea.  If you get an "unstoppable" offense, well hell, that will win most games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2003Contenders said:

Well, remember that the cap is only tied to the top 51 players. My guess is that only 2-3 draft picks would bump the lower-end guys on that top 51 list out of range. And then the added cap allocation would be the difference in 2022 salaries between those rookies and the guys who fell off the list. That is why the $2-3M estimate is probably closer to being correct.


This is correct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

There is a lot to be said for that idea.  If you get an "unstoppable" offense, well hell, that will win most games.

Except for a playoff game against another team with an “unstoppable” offense.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My vote goes to bringing back Jerry Hughes.... I know it's not flashy, but he's still playing at a high level IMO and it brings continuity to a DL that has undergone some change.

 

It also eliminates DE from our draft needs.

 

1 year rental (or even 2 year "final contract")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

My vote goes to bringing back Jerry Hughes.... I know it's not flashy, but he's still playing at a high level IMO and it brings continuity to a DL that has undergone some change.

 

It also eliminates DE from our draft needs.

 

1 year rental (or even 2 year "final contract")

Is DE a draft need? With Von Miller, Boogie, Epenesa, Shaq Lawson and Rousseau I think the position is covered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A lot more wins than trying to load up in defense…

Except against KC in the playoffs, which is what counts!  The Bills were "unstoppable" in that game.  Very exciting!!!

 

....and then the defense failed.

 

I'd say LINEBACKER was the biggest issue there.  They are slow, and can't cover Kelce if their life depended on it.  I just looked at PFF and they are the weakest...

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is DE a draft need? With Von Miller, Boogie, Epenesa, Shaq Lawson and Rousseau I think the position is covered. 

Rosseau is excellent, but the rest you mentioned are average at best.  I think that Hughes is a big loss that would need to be filled.

 

Von Miller is a linebacker, not a DE.  I guess in a 3-4, he'd be an OLB but not a true DE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Except against KC in the playoffs, which is what counts!  The Bills were "unstoppable" in that game.  Very exciting!!!

 

....and then the defense failed.

 

I'd say LINEBACKER was the biggest issue there.  They are slow, and can't cover Kelce if their life depended on it.  I just looked at PFF and they are the weakest...

Rosseau is excellent, but the rest you mentioned are average at best.  I think that Hughes is a big loss that would need to be filled.

 

Von Miller is a linebacker, not a DE.  I guess in a 3-4, he'd be an OLB but not a true DE.

They weren’t unstoppable in the game… they punted 4 times…and those last 13 seconds were all about coaching failures in every way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They weren’t unstoppable in the game… they punted 4 times…and those last 13 seconds were all about coaching failures in every way.


True, but this also ignores the fact that the Bills gave up 35+ points.

 

Two straight years of giving up 35+ in the playoffs to the Chiefs. We’ve addressed one of the issues — the pass rush — but not the other: the cornerbacks.

 

I’m pro “load up the offense”, too, but we can’t just pretend that a better cornerback situation wouldn’t have given us a better chance at victory, 13 seconds be damned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...