Bills have almost $10 million in cap space available

Rubes

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

Have to admit, this is what I’m hoping for, even if that gives us too many DEs.

I know AJ was a 2nd round pick just two seasons ago, but his roster spot should not be guaranteed. He hasn’t showed enough to warrant it. Bring in Hughes, let everyone compete.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Rookies have to be signed, yes? 

Yeah, it’s been discussed throughout the thread…not precisely sure how much is needed, though…

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Honestly thought getting home with the pass rush was the bigger issue against the Chiefs then the play of the secondary…. Mahomes escaped some automatic sacks several times throughout the game, especially that first drive….. people seem to be obsessed with taking a first round corner but the difference in that Chiefs game were some coaching mistakes and just ***** playcalling both offensively and defensively and the difference in playmakers….specifically offensively for the Chiefs. 

I’m not against a first round corner if it’s the BPA…. But reaching for one or reaching at another non premier defensive position like safety such as Daxton Hill if a potential stud WR or even stud OT is there would be frustrating to say the least…. But from the way things are shaping up(and even comments from McD at the combine about the WR position) they are going defense in the first round. 

If they take a DL in the first round--again--my head will explode.

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think it’s entirely possible to be honest depending on how the board falls. I’m pumped to have Von but I don’t think he plays 100% of the snaps and I hate the idea of AJ or Boogie behind him taking meaningful snaps. Those are the two picks I’ve hated the most from Beane besides the Ford and Fromm picks. 

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Pass rusher is the most premium position in the game behind QB. If you have the chance to draft a pass rusher that you think has the potential to be a game wrecker, you pull the trigger every time. Other than Von Miller our edge rusher group is a bunch of question marks and depth players. It is still one of the biggest needs on the team.

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Biggest need on the team is getting Josh Allen more help… offensive line help and depth is IMO the biggest need this team has… just don’t think a good tackle prospect worth the pick at 25 will be there.

Every position on the team other than QB is a need if you're looking at a 2-3 year horizon. If you're going to be immediately angry no matter what if the pick is a defensive player don't bother watching the draft. It could turn out the defensive player we take becomes the next Tre'Davious White or TJ Watt, while the WR we pass on becomes the next N'Keal Harry. All of us have our preferences but it's stupid to go into the draft with a "my way or else" mentality. A mentality like that is what caused the fanbase (myself included) to explode when Josh Allen was the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I think it’s entirely possible to be honest depending on how the board falls. I’m pumped to have Von but I don’t think he plays 100% of the snaps and I hate the idea of AJ or Boogie behind him taking meaningful snaps. Those are the two picks I’ve hated the most from Beane besides the Ford and Fromm picks. 

I can definitely see Beane being infatuated with Djabo.  He might be too enticing to pass up for Beane 

16 hours ago, Logic said:

I know AJ was a 2nd round pick just two seasons ago, but his roster spot should not be guaranteed. He hasn’t showed enough to warrant it. Bring in Hughes, let everyone compete.

Imo, with Rousseau, Miller, Basham and Lawson around, AJE is the odd one out. If any team is willing to pay something for him, it is a chip Beane can use to move up in one of the draft rounds. If this happens and the staff is not sold on Basham, then Hughes can be offered a cheap deal to ensure there is competition in TC.

AJE should be on the bubble 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I see a lot of people say this...but it brings up a legitimate question for me when I see someone see this.

What has Beane done that leads you to believe that whatever decision they make at 25 wasn't a good decision for the team or their BPA?  To the point your head would explode?  

We went from laughing stock, to complete turn around, to number 1 offense and number 1 defense in the NFL last year where a ST Coaching mistake may have cost us a SB trip, to now a destination players want to come play and be part of.

Just saying, I would think trusting the decisions our FO and staff make at that point would give some people some comfort they know what they are doing.  But I have seen some people freaking out about the possibility of us taking a specific position they don't themselves like.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I see a lot of people say this...but it brings up a legitimate question for me when I see someone see this.

What has Beane done that leads you to believe that whatever decision they make at 25 wasn't a good decision for the team or their BPA?  To the point your head would explode?  

We went from laughing stock, to complete turn around, to number 1 offense and number 1 defense in the NFL last year where a ST Coaching mistake may have cost us a SB trip, to now a destination players want to come play and be part of.

Just saying, I would think trusting the decisions our FO and staff make at that point would give some people some comfort they know what they are doing.  But I have seen some people freaking out about the possibility of us taking a specific position they don't themselves like.  

I think you can have a high opinion of the FO and still be allowed to have rational disagreement, even strong disagreement. They've spent a lot of resources on DL, first and second rounders last year, Ed Oliver a few years back, made their big ticket purchase in FA on Von Miller, replaced numerous DT, brought back DL from previous seasons. CB, WR, IOL ought to be the top of the draft. There are other positions like S, even TE and RB later that make more sense than adding another DL player. And my trump card for this argument: Bobby Hart. Somewhere in the cerebral workings, there's a glitch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.