RB Isaiah Spiller jumps in and saves baggage

HOUSE

5 hours ago, transient said:

Anyone else hear "Bills" and "RB" and "airport" and make the mental leap to...

Love the old school commercials!

However, run through an airport today with a bag/ briefcase in your hand and you have a A** Whooping and a Tasing coming for good measure 😃

Speed is nice for a RB. But if you don't have vision, good footwork, the ability to run between and outside the tackle box, reception ability, size, and strength - speed is only going to get you so far. We had speed in the backfield last season in Matt Breida. But the rest of his game was lacking. C.J. Spiller was a burner, but Fred Jackson kept him off the field by providing more in every other aspect.

Even with speed lacking, you can see he is good in all of these other aspects. And he was able to crank off long runs without the speed. I'm not saying you take Spiller in Round 1 or 2. But if they choose to look elsewhere than RB in Round 1 or 2 (which is likely) - Isaiah Spiller in Round 3 or 4 isn't anywhere's near deserving of the vitriol this board is putting out.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

43 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Speed is nice for a RB. But if you don't have vision, good footwork, the ability to run between and outside the tackle, reception ability, size, and strength - speed is only going to get you so far. We had speed in the backfield last season in Matt Breida. But the rest of his game was lacking. C.J. Spiller was a burner, but Fred Jackson kept him off the field by providing more in every other aspect.

Even with speed lacking, you can see he is good in all of these other aspects. And he was able to crank off long runs without the speed. I'm not saying you take Spiller in Round 1 or 2. But if they choose to look elsewhere than RB in Round 1 or 2 (which is likely) - Isaiah Spiller in Round 3 or 4 isn't anywhere's near deserving of the vitriol this board is giving him.

No he will not be able to crank off long  runs. Him being discussed anywhere before the fifth round is ridiculous. He would bring the same thing as Singletary but I doubt he could even do that.Singletary is a good back he could use some lightning to complement his thunder. All these backs look more explosive on tape and ran faster.

James Cook 4.42

Tyler Goodson 4.42

Zamir White 4.40

Pierre Strong jr 4.37

Ty Chandler 4.38

There are more backs I just got tired of typing. Spiller really shouldn’t even be discussed for us this year.

22 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

No he will not be able to crank off long  runs. Him being discussed anywhere before the fifth round is ridiculous. He would bring the same thing as Singletary but I doubt he could even do that.Singletary is a good back he could use some lightning to complement his thunder. All these backs look more explosive on tape and ran faster.

James Cook 4.42

Tyler Goodson 4.42

Zamir White 4.40

Pierre Strong jr 4.37

Ty Chandler 4.38

There are more backs I just got tired of typing. Spiller really shouldn’t even be discussed for us this year.

I said he HAS broken off some long runs. 

According to Pro Football Focus, Spiller broke 56 tackles, averaged 3.56 yards after first contact and created 18 carries of 15 or more yards during the 2021 season. He also didn’t have a drop on 33 targets.

Funny thing is, I spent the entire post saying speed isn't the be all end all to RB. You can have all the speed in the world, but if you can't do the other things Spiller can - it doesn't matter. Then you go off on the speed of all the other backs 😄

I see Spiller as a better runner and more technically sound than a lot of those guys you mentioned. Again, I'm not saying Round 1 or 2. But Round 5 at the earliest? That's way too harsh.

There's a lot of RB's who are good backs that don't have speed. There's a lot of RB's who have speed that aren't good backs bc they aren't technically sound. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

turtle GIF

Please god no!!!!! We have enough 4.59 running backs! We need someone with true homerun ability, please!!! 

You mean like Matt Breida who was kept on the bench by slow Devin Singletary? Or maybe C.J. Spiller who was kept on the bench by slow Fred Jackson? Again, speed is nice. But if you're not technically sound and can't break tackles, it doesn't matter.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I said he HAS broken off some long runs. 

Funny thing is, I spent the entire post saying speed isn't the be all end all to RB. You can have all the speed in the world, but if you can't do the other things Spiller can - it doesn't matter. Then you go off on the speed of all the other backs 😄

I see Spiller as a better runner and more technically sound than a lot of those guys you mentioned. Again, I'm not saying Round 1 or 2. But Round 5 at the earliest? That's way too harsh. 

He grades out at about a fifth round athlete and running back is already a devalued position. so no, fifth round is not being harsh. A lot of broken tackles that was Singletary coming out of the draft. I like Singletary more than most on this board. But we need a running back they create a mismatch in the passing game and can take a outside run to the house. That’s why we tried to sign J.D  McKissic.

Edited by Vickveto

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.