TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 89? Top 2 remaining ***Poll will close at 10p est

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at 89?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at 89?

• John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (77)
    • Rasheed Walker, OL, Penn St (54)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2022 at 02:00 AM

Please vote on who you would like to see the Bills take at #89.

These are the players available based upon our TSW Mock Draft 1.0.

Players were selected based upon the remaining top 90 rated players according to CBS Sports (ESPN isn't updated).  I did not include QB or RB based upon current roster and previous picks and roster.

The poll will remain open until 10p est on 4/6/22

Edited by Virgil

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Watching Metchie’s tape seems underwhelming to me.  Nothing really stands out that makes me think he’d be a strong NFL contributor 

He is a contributor not a star IMO. Ross and Thornton are higher ceiling but lower floor at WR. 

I don't think the Bills can get out day 2 without having taken one somewhere.

• Agree 1

I’m sure Metchie will win but I went Walker.  Doyle is our swing tackle and I have very little (actually none) confidence in that sitch.  

Metchie being the pick is fine by me, but I’m just not a big fan of him.  He’s pretty meh to my eyes 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a contributor not a star IMO. Ross and Thornton are higher ceiling but lower floor at WR. 

I think we’re in the position where we should gamble on the higher ceiling, lower floor guys, especially at WR

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with the bolded. I saw a ridiculous mock draft the other day (PFF maybe?) that had the Bills taking one WR...in Round 7 (Bo Melton). Round 7?? Please. smh

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Watching Metchie’s tape seems underwhelming to me.  Nothing really stands out that makes me think he’d be a strong NFL contributor 

He's underwhelming, for sure. I'd go upside with Justyn Ross, but according to your guidelines (which are absolutely necessary for your sanity!) he didn't qualify...

I do think Metchie has some potential, though, so also not the worst pick...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly. At this point I'll be stunned if we don't draft WR in first two rounds. But it seems that either we take on in first, or we need to trade up in second.

I did something I never thought I would do, nor am I proud of it.  But I picked the one player I think makes the biggest immediate impact day 1 and that was a freaking punter.  Someone shoot me, never thought I would ever advocate for a punter in the 3rd round.

But...we NEED a punter.  This kid has the potential to be the best punter in the NFL at some point.  I wanted him later, but I surprisingly think he has a good chance of being drafted in the first 4 rounds, so late picks probably not gonna get it done.  

I am not proud of this vote...but I think this pick, in a year we are the SB favorites, is the one pick we can make here that will make a significant improvement at one of our weakest positions this season.  A Tyler Bass level impact.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I agree with the bolded. I saw a ridiculous mock draft the other day (PFF maybe?) that had the Bills taking one WR...in Round 7 (Bo Melton). Round 7?? Please. smh

I like Bo a lot as a late flier. But he couldn't be the first WR taken by this team. 

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Help me!! I can’t get over my Clemson bias!! Can Paul play G/T? 

I think he is guard only at the next level. Personally I also think this is a bit early for him. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not thrilled that most/all of the OL choices are OTs when we have the bigger needs at C/G.

I guess Zac Tom played some Center, so I'll lean that way. Would like to know what C/G options are available.

I think Paul is an NFL guard. I think Tom might be an interior guy too. Interestingly TDN gave his player comp as Ryan Bates. The only one there I think is a tackle at the next level is Walker. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Paul is an NFL guard. I think Tom might be an interior guy too. Interestingly TDN gave his player comp as Ryan Bates. The only one there I think is a tackle at the next level is Walker. 

Fair enough, I'd take your word for it over any of the draft sites I'm looking at.

I also need to check our mock draft to see if Alec Lindstrom went yet.

edit: Lindstrom still available as the #2 ranked Center. I might push for that pick as well.

Of course I'm only going off of position they play as need, and some rankings I can find (and I am familiar with Lindstrom's brother who has done fairly well in Atlanta, all things considered).

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ed Ingram, OG, LSU could be considered.

Is it too early to look at Cam Jurgens, C, Nebraska? Might be able to get him in the 4th or 5th I think...

A little early for Cam Jugens for me, yes. Sean Rhyan, UCLA is another college tackle but NFL guard IMO. He could be in this range, late day 3 / early day 4.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A little early for Cam Jugens for me, yes. Sean Rhyan, UCLA is another college tackle but NFL guard IMO. He could be in this range, late day 3 / early day 4.  

Sounds good to me. I voted for Metchie and will leave it that way either way. Especially if we can get Jurgens/Lindstrom/etc in the 4th and 5th.

It is actually a feature of this tackle class. I think the top 4 guys are all studs. I then think there is a tier of Raimann, NPF and Fa'alele who need to develop some but have the raw materials..... and then the class thins out mighty quickly and the reason is I think a lot of the guys who are coming in as college tackles make much more sense in the NFL as guards, either for physical or technical limitations. I don't think it is like last year's tackle group where you are getting a high ceiling, developmental guy who could start year 1 like we did with Brown. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Went Walker for Oline help think he could play guard as well. To anyone who wants that punter should know he booms 31.3% of his kicks into the end zone for touchbacks, so give me a punter in round 6 or 7 who can get it inside the 20 instead of kicking it into the end zone.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 89? ***Poll will close at 100 votes or at 10p est
36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I did something I never thought I would do, nor am I proud of it.  But I picked the one player I think makes the biggest immediate impact day 1 and that was a freaking punter.  Someone shoot me, never thought I would ever advocate for a punter in the 3rd round.

But...we NEED a punter.  This kid has the potential to be the best punter in the NFL at some point.  I wanted him later, but I surprisingly think he has a good chance of being drafted in the first 4 rounds, so late picks probably not gonna get it done.  

I am not proud of this vote...but I think this pick, in a year we are the SB favorites, is the one pick we can make here that will make a significant improvement at one of our weakest positions this season.  A Tyler Bass level impact.  

You’re better than this.  This is a 3rd rd pick.  Lots of talent and upside available on a 4 year deal.  

I’d much rather use this pick to trade up than to draft a position that we don’t plan on using very often. A position where we can get a good quality player for 2.5M per year.  We don’t need the best punter ever.  Draft players that will allow us to let go of some of these other soon to be high priced guys in a year or 2.   Keep the cabinets stacked.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

He is sort of on the slow end 40 time wise 4.5  I would rather go Rasheed Walker and draft Tyquan Thornton 4.28 next round or in the 5th.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re better than this.  This is a 3rd rd pick.  Lots of talent and upside available on a 4 year deal.  

I’d much rather use this pick to trade up than to draft a position that we don’t plan on using very often. A position where we can get a good quality player for 2.5M per year.  We don’t need the best punter ever.  Draft players that will allow us to let go of some of these other soon to be high priced guys in a year or 2.   Keep the cabinets stacked.  

I deserve all the ridicule...I mean I get it...and I am the last person that I thought would ever say something so insane like using a 3rd on a punter and on draft night, I guarantee you I wont be yelling at the TV to draft a punter either.  

BUT - In our quest for a SB this year, there is no other player who will make as big of an immediate impact likely as much as Araiza.  And I want a SB more than anything, so sadly my vote here in this poll went Araiza.

But also, its safe to do here, its just a hypothetical poll and on draft night, I swear no one will hear me pounding the table to take a punter in the 3rd.  But logically, none of the guys in this poll likely become a full year starter for this team this season and their respective impact will be minimal in comparison.  

I should also add that I think Haack is terrible and the worst starter on this team by a significant gap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

He is sort of on the slow end 40 time wise 4.5  I would rather go Rasheed Walker and draft Tyquan Thornton 4.28 next round or in the 5th.

Success at the WR position is about almost everything BUT 40 speed, so look well past that. It's not something you can completely ignore, but things route running and the mental aspect of setting up defenders on routes, agility, hands, concentration, catch radius, actual on-field performance are all vastly more important than how fast a guy runs in a straight line across an arbitrary distance in his underwear...

To that end, David Bell feels like he should absolutely be on this list and is not, which is a shame, I'd take him over Metchie.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I deserve all the ridicule...I mean I get it...and I am the last person that I thought would ever say something so insane like using a 3rd on a punter and on draft night, I guarantee you I wont be yelling at the TV to draft a punter either.  

BUT - In our quest for a SB this year, there is no other player who will make as big of an immediate impact likely as much as Araiza.  And I want a SB more than anything, so sadly my vote here in this poll went Araiza.

But also, its safe to do here, its just a hypothetical poll and on draft night, I swear no one will hear me pounding the table to take a punter in the 3rd.  But logically, none of the guys in this poll likely become a full year starter for this team this season and their respective impact will be minimal in comparison.  

I should also add that I think Haack is terrible and the worst starter on this team by a significant gap.

I hear ya.  You could be right with regards to impact this season.  I just don’t see him having any impact on us winning the super bowl….while the position players may have multiple impacts on us winning multiple Super Bowls.  Positional value in rd 3 is still in effect. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We barely punted at all in 2020, and won a playoff game in 2021 with no punts whatsoever. I love you, I know this is all fun and games, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere and YOU ARE CROSSING IT, SON! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Success at the WR position is about almost everything BUT 40 speed, so look well past that. It's not something you can completely ignore, but things route running and the mental aspect of setting up defenders on routes, agility, hands, concentration, catch radius, actual on-field performance are all vastly more important than how fast a guy runs in a straight line across an arbitrary distance in his underwear...

To that end, David Bell feels like he should absolutely be on this list and is not, which is a shame, I'd take him over Metchie.

Bell went to the Steelers in round 2. 

5 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Bell was taken pick 20 of rd 2.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bell went to the Steelers in round 2. 

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bell was taken pick 20 of rd 2.

Good, makes me feel less dumb to have completely omitted him, but also maybe even slightly more depressed about Metchie...

Edited by glazeduck

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Of those choices I'm taking Cross.  

IRL I could see him being the pick over Metchie. S will be a need very soon. If it wasn't a landslide for the WR I would have voted for Cross as well.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Good, makes me feel less dumb to have completely omitted him, but also maybe even slightly more depressed about Metchie...

I have just noticed that I think Wan'Dale Robinson hasn't gone yet? I get it he is a bit of a gadget guy and he is tiny but I have him graded slightly ahead of Metchie too because his elusiveness with ball in hand gives me something I can hang my hat on as an elite trait. 

So my board would actually be:

1. Robinson;

2. Metchie;

3. Ross;

4. Thornton

I do think that is a realistic sort of board the Bills could face if they leave receiver to this spot. Similar to how I think round 2 is a bit of a dead space for corners I think round 3 is a bit of dead space for receivers. I have lots of guys I'd take in the 1st or 2nd and a lot of guys I'd be comfortable with day 3..... but round 3 I only have those 4 plus Austin and Shakir both of whom have already gone in this mock. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have just noticed that I think Wan'Dale Robinson hasn't gone yet? I get it he is a bit of a gadget guy and he is tiny but I have him graded slightly ahead of Metchie too because his elusiveness with ball in hand gives me something I can hang my hat on as an elite trait. 

So my board would actually be:

1. Robinson;

2. Metchie;

3. Ross;

4. Thornton

I do think that is a realistic sort of board the Bills could face if they leave receiver to this spot. Similar to how I think round 2 is a bit of a dead space for corners I think round 3 is a bit of dead space for receivers. I have lots of guys I'd take in the 1st or 2nd and a lot of guys I'd be comfortable with day 3..... but round 3 I only have those 4 plus Austin and Shakir both of whom have already gone in this mock. 

Yeah Wan'Dale occurred to me too, but with McKenzie reupped, I think the need for a gadgety guy is less likely than another outside guy. He's interesting for sure though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.