Bobby Wagner to rams

Buffalo_Stampede

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

31 teams were failures I guess last year.

the topic is how the Rams put together that team and whether its sustainable.  A one and done may or may not be satisfactory ROI.

Adding Wagner doesn't equal balling out, unless you mean in winning the off season.

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

They’ve been to two Super Bowls in what?  The last five years? Don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative I guess 🤔

They used 2 different approaches to those SBs..

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the topic how the Rams put together that team and whether its sustainable.  A one and done may or may not be satisfactory ROI.

Adding Wagner doesn't equal balling out, unless you mean in winning the off season.

They have the second best record in the NFL since McVay took over.  Been to the SB twice. Without a top 5 QB.

What's your definition of sustainable?

Edited by FireChans

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  They’ll be serious super bowl contenders for the next 3 years.  I could see us facing them in 2-4 Super Bowls over the next 5 years 

My Superbowl pick for last year was Bills versus Rams. Got half of it right, at least.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

My Superbowl pick for last year was Bills versus Rams. Got half of it right, at least.

Same.

i think the Bucs might be able to get to another SB.

The only other team to contend with is SF imo.  If Lance pans out and they can find a way to keep both deebo and Bosa, they have a legit chance.  

And the packers and cowboys will continue to flounder in the playoffs 

Vikings may reach a championship game.  

I would have taken Wagner on a 5 year $50M contract and traded away Edmunds for a 2nd round pick. That clears $12.5M in cap space to accommodate the cap needed for Wagner, probably netting than about $3M this year. The combination of moves upgrades the MLB spot, and adds a 2nd round pick. 

Oh well. Maybe we get our wish and they trade Edmunds on draft day

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Funny you mention Edmunds. I was flipping through channels last night and caught the first half of the Week 5 Bills Chiefs game on NFLN. Milano was out but they must’ve called Klein’s name for flying to the ball at least a half dozen times. I never heard them say Edmunds name …once. 

When did you hear it all season? He was a non factor all year.

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The only thing that interests me in this is the contract.....Wagner a very good MLB got 10 million a year.

That is about all I really want to pay for Edmunds

It's a very misleading contract given Wagner's age, likely structured very similar to Von Miller's deal with the Bills (a 2 year deal vs 5 years in reality)

If we would have traded Edmunds we could have easily made this deal for Wagner if not slightly better.

Edited by FilthyBeast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.