Jump to content

TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed


Virgil
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

with the 65th pick the Jacksonville Jaguars select Jaquan Brisker S Penn St.

 

Would have been Pitre but we are happy to fill a safety spot with a decorated player who was a little banged up causing his draft stock to slip.  Again I ignored the offensive line but guards can be had later.  The last time the Jaguars had success it was built on the back of an amazing defense.  This is another step in the direction of rebuilding the defense.  

 

The Lions and @NewEra are on the clock.

 

I think he is great value at this spot.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Detroit Lions select Logan Hall, DE, Houston

 

Brisker was the pick, but we got the rug pulled. Almost took Ridder here, but his lack of arm  and precision prevented the selection. Love his athleticism, but didn’t think it was enough to make us believers.
 

Surprised Hall is still available.  Great burst off the snap, long limbs and solid vs the run.  Can also kick inside on passing downs.  

Edited by NewEra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Giants (LEBills) are on the clock

With the 67th pick in the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Giants select, Christian Harris, LB, Alabama. 

 

The Houston Texans and @mannc are now on the clock.


The Giants LB room is a mess with a hurt Blake Martinez being their best player. Last year, they relied on the corpse of Reggie Ragland (us Bills fans know you have to be desperate to do that). 
 

This pick came down to Quay Walker vs Christian Harris for me. Walker has that untapped upside but isn’t quite as splashy as Harris who has been a staple at Alabama for the past three years. His speed, blitzing ability and respectable run defense for a smaller linebacker makes him the choice. We feel like we have gotten difference makers on all three levels of the defense this draft.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

With the 67th pick in the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Giants select, Christian Harris, LB, Alabama. 

 

The Houston Texans and @mannc are now on the clock.


The Giants LB room is a mess with a hurt Blake Martinez being their best player. Last year, they relied on the corpse of Reggie Ragland (us Bills fans know you have to be desperate to do that). 
 

This pick came down to Quay Walker vs Christian Harris for me. Walker has that untapped upside but isn’t quite as splashy as Harris who has been a staple at Alabama for the past three years. His speed, blitzing ability and respectable run defense for a smaller linebacker makes him the choice. We feel like we have gotten difference makers on all three levels of the defense this draft.

 

 

My third best remaining. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

My third best remaining. 


yea there are a few players I personally like better but I think he would be a very nice fit for the type of defense I expect them to run. 
 

you can tell me later, but do you prefer him or Quay?

Edited by LEBills
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LEBills said:


yea there are a few players I personally like better but I think he would be a very nice fit for the type of defense I expect them to run. 
 

you can tell me later, but do you prefer him or Quay?

 

Yea Harris > Quay for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (mannc) are on the clock
20 minutes ago, LEBills said:

With the 67th pick in the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Giants select, Christian Harris, LB, Alabama. 

 

The Houston Texans and @mannc are now on the clock.


The Giants LB room is a mess with a hurt Blake Martinez being their best player. Last year, they relied on the corpse of Reggie Ragland (us Bills fans know you have to be desperate to do that). 
 

This pick came down to Quay Walker vs Christian Harris for me. Walker has that untapped upside but isn’t quite as splashy as Harris who has been a staple at Alabama for the past three years. His speed, blitzing ability and respectable run defense for a smaller linebacker makes him the choice. We feel like we have gotten difference makers on all three levels of the defense this draft.

 

Nice pick. He played inside on a very complicated defense and is a clutch player.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the 68th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Houston Texans select Marcus Jones, CB, Univ. of Houston.

 

We believe Jones is going to be one of the best slot corners in the NFL very soon...tremendous speed, football IQ and physicality in a small package.  Great hands (played some WR in college) and is by far the best return man in this year's draft; he had NINE kick returns for touchdowns in his career.  Jones's return ability alone probably merits his selection at this spot.  Even though we have two third-round picks, we selected Jones with this pick because we heard Brandon Beane and the Buffalo Bills love this kid and wanted to trade up in the third to snag him.   

 

The NY Jests and  @GunnerBill are on the clock.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jets (GunnerBill) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the 68th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Houston Texans select Marcus Jones, CB, Univ. of Houston.

 

We believe Jones is going to be one of the best slot corners in the NFL very soon...tremendous speed, football IQ and physicality in a small package.  Great hands (played some WR in college) and is by far the best return man in this year's draft; he had NINE kick returns for touchdowns in his career.  Jones's return ability alone probably merits his selection at this spot.  Even though we have two third-round picks, we selected Jones with this pick because we heard Brandon Beane and the Buffalo Bills love this kid and wanted to trade up in the third to snag him.      

 

Yea love that kid. It is a tad early for a slot only corner but I agree with you his return value comes into play. And I have had the same thought about the Bills.... you wanna get out of the Taron deal at some point... (not because he is a bad player but because you can't have your entire defense being paid and slot is one of the easier spots to fill cheap) get his replacement in the building for a year first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Yea love that kid. It is a tad early for a slot only corner but I agree with you his return value comes into play. And I have had the same thought about the Bills.... you wanna get out of the Taron deal at some point... (not because he is a bad player but because you can't have your entire defense being paid and slot is one of the easier spots to fill cheap) get his replacement in the building for a year first. 

I mean, is it really out of the question that Jones could play CB2 in the Bills' zone scheme?  He is a great tackler and very physical... 

Edited by mannc
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Yea love that kid. It is a tad early for a slot only corner but I agree with you his return value comes into play. And I have had the same thought about the Bills.... you wanna get out of the Taron deal at some point... (not because he is a bad player but because you can't have your entire defense being paid and slot is one of the easier spots to fill cheap) get his replacement in the building for a year first. 

 

Less loving, more picking 😘

  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, is it really out of the question that Jones could play CB2 in the Bills' zone scheme?  He is a great tackler and very physical... 

 

He doesn't have the length we look for in outside CBs. 5'8 and not even 29" arms. I'm not sure we would take even a slot CB with those size limitations. Taron Johnson has a full 2" in arm length on him.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, is it really out of the question that Jones could play CB2 in the Bills' zone scheme?  He is a great tackler and very physical... 

I wouldn’t risk it.  Great slot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

The NY Jests and  @GunnerBill are on the clock.

 

With the 69th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Jets select, Jalen Tolbert, Wide Receiver, South Alabama. 

 

There is sticking out on the board and then there is sticking out on the board. This kid has been my BPA for about half a round. I get it, small school kid, lower level of opponents but all you see on the film is him separating. All over the field at all 3 levels he separates. And crucially in the out of conference games he played this year he went off: 7 for 95 against Bowling Green and 7 for 143 and a score in destroying Tennessee's secondary. 

 

The last 4 receivers selected in this mock are all guys I have graded below Tolbert. Ecstatic that he lasted until this spot. I believe he has the potential to be a #1 receiver in the NFL. 

 

With 5 picks I have managed to address all my main needs - OLine, Corner, Edge Rush, Linebacker and outside Wide Receiver. Delighted. 

 

@section122 and the Jacksonville JagWires are now on the clock.

 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (section122) are on the clock
10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

With the 69th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Jets select, Jalen Tolbert, Wide Receiver, South Alabama. 

 

There is sticking out on the board and then there is sticking out on the board. This kid has been my BPA for about half a round. I get it, small school kid, lower level of opponents but all you see on the film is him separating. All over the field at all 3 levels he separates. And crucially in the out of conference games he played this year he went off: 7 for 95 against Bowling Green and 7 for 143 and a score in destroying Tennessee's secondary. 

 

The last 4 receivers selected in this mock are all guys I have graded below Tolbert. Ecstatic that he lasted until this spot. I believe he has the potential to be a #1 receiver in the NFL. 

 

With 5 picks I have managed to address all my main needs - OLine, Corner, Edge Rush, Linebacker and outside Wide Receiver. Delighted. 

 

@section122 and the Jacksonville JagWires are now on the clock.

 

 

I've seen grades as low as round 4on Tolbert. Seems you have him with a mid 2nd round grade or so. I'm curious to know why you think so highly of him. Is it primarily his separation ability? 

 

Edited by Logic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

 

I've seen grades as low as round 4on Tolbert. Seems you have him with a mid 2nd round grade or so. I'm curious to know why you think so highly of him. Is it primarily his separation ability? 

 

 

Get open, catch the ball. He does both very well. His tape is excellent. I am higher than a lot of people on him, I grant you but I had a little mooch about earlier today and Matt Miller has him #68, PFF have him #61, NFL.com has him #81, Draftek have him #67. I have him #43..... so yes I am higher than the consensus but I don't think I am completely off my rocker. I think a lot of the knock is level of competition. I am more willing to take that on trust because when he did step up in class he still dominated. 

 

EDIT: He'd have been my pick at #57 for the Bills btw in a scenario where we had gone corner at #25 and the board was set up as it was. I did throw his name out there in the thread for the purposes of transparency but I didn't labour the point 'cos I wanted to pick him :D 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...