TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 50th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, The Kansas City Chiefs select Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis.

Many will surely say this is too early for Austin. The Chiefs don't care. You can cling to your precious pre-draft ranking guides while Austin runs past your team's entire defense on his way to multiple touchdowns. His speed, quickness, and explosive playmaking ability will be a deadly weapon on an offense that knows how to get the ball quickly into playmakers' hands and let them do the rest. With bigger receivers in Marquez Valdez Scantling and Juju Smith Schuster on board, we don't mind the small stature of Austin. We are confident we can scheme up multiple ways to unleash his athleticism. His deep speed and homerun threat are desperately needed on this offense, and we are happy to thumb our nose at the draft experts on this one.With the 45th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Kingsley Enagbare, Edge, South Carolina

The Eagles @MrEpsYtownare on the clock

For the 2.0 draft that includes trades, is there anyone on here that would be willing to volunteer to run it?  I'm actually going to be on vacation from the 8-16th and won't be able to update the picks very fast.  Two of the days, I won't be on my phone at all.

I'm thinking the next draft will start around the 7th, but the trades make the process take longer, plus they need to be approved.  If I wait until I get back from vacation, then we won't have time for 3 drafts.

I'm open to whatever, but I don't want to over-commit and slow things down for people.

Edited by Virgil
  • Sad 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Eagles (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

With the 51st pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State.

This is Philly's MO. Draft defensive guys high, take a running back in the second or third. Miles Sanders is a free agent after this year, so the Eagles are in rinse and repeat mode and Hall replaces Jordan Howard while injecting speed into the offense. Sandres and Hall can split carries this year as Hall takes over full time next year as they do not want to pay a running back. Hall is a nice fit for the one cut read option game that the Eagles employ and they meet with Hall at teh combine. They want to surround Jalen Hurts with the best weapons possible to figure out if he is really the guy. 

The Steelers and @RyanC883 are now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 50th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, The Kansas City Chiefs select Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis.

Many will surely say this is too early for Austin. The Chiefs don't care. You can cling to your precious pre-draft ranking guides while Austin runs past your team's entire defense on his way to multiple touchdowns. His speed, quickness, and explosive playmaking ability will be a deadly weapon on an offense that knows how to get the ball quickly into playmakers' hands and let them do the rest. With bigger receivers in Marquez Valdez Scantling and Juju Smith Schuster on board, we don't mind the small stature of Austin. We are confident we can scheme up multiple ways to unleash his athleticism. His deep speed and homerun threat are desperately needed on this offense, and we are happy to thumb our nose at the draft experts on this one.With the 45th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Kingsley Enagbare, Edge, South Carolina

The Eagles @MrEpsYtownare on the clock

For the 2.0 draft that includes trades, is there anyone on here that would be willing to volunteer to run it?  I'm actually going to be on vacation from the 8-16th and won't be able to update the picks very fast.  Two of the days, I won't be on my phone at all.

I'm thinking the next draft will start around the 7th, but the trades make the process take longer, plus they need to be approved.  If I wait until I get back from vacation, then we won't have time for 3 drafts.

I'm open to whatever, but I don't want to over-commit and slow things down for people.

I am not available much on the 6th or 7th but if we started Friday 8th I'd be willing. Not sure if I am the best choice though given the time difference issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 51st pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State.

This is Philly's MO. Draft defensive guys high, take a running back in the second or third. Miles Sanders is a free agent after this year, so the Eagles are in rinse and repeat mode and Hall replaces Jordan Howard while injecting speed into the offense. Sandres and Hall can split carries this year as Hall takes over full time next year as they do not want to pay a running back. Hall is a nice fit for the one cut read option game that the Eagles employ and they meet with Hall at teh combine. They want to surround Jalen Hurts with the best weapons possible to figure out if he is really the guy. 

The Steelers and @RyanC883 are now on the clock. 

Looks like you woke up and chose violence boss

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Steelers (RyanC883) are on the clock
4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I saw that they met with him at the combine and had a sneaky need so 🤷‍♂️

Makes perfect sense for the Eagles. Miles Sanders is nothing to write home about. Adding Breece allows Sanders to shift to a change of pace and third down back, which is probably a better role for him.

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

Makes perfect sense for the Eagles. Miles Sanders is nothing to write home about. Adding Breece allows Sanders to shift to a change of pace and third down back, which is probably a better role for him.

Disagree on Sanders. He has had issues staying healthy but he is over 5 yards a carry even though 2 of his 3 years have been behind awful olines. I had a higher grade on him coming out than I have on any back in this class.

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Disagree on Sanders. He has had issues staying healthy but he is over 5 yards a carry even though 2 of his 3 years have been behind awful olines. I had a higher grade on him coming out than I have on any back in this class.

Maybe it’s the health problems you noted, but the Eagles seem to do everything they can NOT to feature him. Boston Scott, Jordan Howard, Kenneth Gainwell…I keep waiting for Sanders to break out and it just hasn’t happened.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (Glazeduck) are on the clock

With the 52nd pick of the TSW Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select David Bell, WR, Purdue.  Virgil will be taking over draft duties from RyanC883

The Steelers thought about going offensive line here, but the value was slightly better at wide out and our fresh new quarterback can start building chemistry early with Bell. With the loss of Juju, Pickett needs someone to throw too.  Hopefully, we can also find him some protection with our later picks to keep him upright.

The Packers @glazeduck are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

After spending the first 6 1/2 minutes of their clock going back and forth between throwing a tantrum and cursing the heavens and Doc Brown for taking Cameron Thomas just ahead of them, the Green Bay Packers finally select Drake Jackson, DE, USC.  

After losing significant talent on the DL, particularly in the pass rush, the Pack opts to go with Jackson who fits into their scheme seamlessly. Jackson is likely not the highest ranked edge player on many draftnik boards but this is a kid that can flat out play.

The Patriots @BillfromNYC are on the clock.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

After spending the first 6 1/2 minutes of their clock going back and forth between throwing a tantrum and cursing the heavens and Doc Brown for taking Cameron Thomas just ahead of them, the Green Bay Packers finally select Drake Jackson, DE, USC.  

After losing significant talent on the DL, particularly in the pass rush, the Pack opts to go with Jackson who fits into their scheme seamlessly. Jackson is likely not the highest ranked edge player on many draftnik boards but this is a kid that can flat out play.

The Patriots @BillfromNYC are on the clock.

Cam would be so sweet in Green Bay too. Drake makes sense but man.... Cam is pure Packer.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Patriots (Bill from NYC) are on the clock
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree Miles Sanders is good and I wanted to trade for him last year

On 3/31/2022 at 9:35 AM, glazeduck said:

100% they also seem to target talented guys who've dropped for whatever reason... That to me screams Booth.

Both Booth and McDuffie are very good players

Too many people are screaming that a corner is a draft for a need.....it IS....but it is not OVER drafting for a need.   Both McDuffie and Booth could very well be off the board when we pick.

I am not a fan of a trade up......I am warming to an idea of a trade down depending who is on the board but both McDuffie and Booth are day one starters.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

100% I really like him as a player in general, but specifically in GB... made too much sense!

Yea I am high on Cam. I'd take him end of the first. But yea GB is like the perfect fit.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

The Patriots select Darian Kinard - Guard - Kentucky

Kinnard was a successful LT at Kentucky who is projected to guard in the NFL. He was coached by Eric Wolford who did so well that Alabama got rid of Doug Marrone and hired Wolford to replace him.

More protection for Jones and blocking for the ground game. 

I am surprised that he lasted this long. I almost didn't select him because I wanted him to be in the Bills poll lol.

@aristocrat is on the clock.

Edited by Bill from NYC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.