TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ever since Beane came to town, the Bills only seem to take physical freaks with high ceilings in the first round.

McDuffie is not that.

I’d bet that a trade up for one of the top corners or a trade down to collect more picks in the middle rounds — the sweet spot of this draft — would be more likely. 

100% they also seem to target talented guys who've dropped for whatever reason... That to me screams Booth.

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

100% they also seem to target talented guys who've dropped for whatever reason... That to me screams Booth.

not that it means anything, but I’d give booth about a 33% chance of being there when we pick. Jmo.  

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ever since Beane came to town, the Bills only seem to take physical freaks with high ceilings in the first round.

McDuffie is not that.

I’d bet that a trade up for one of the top corners or a trade down to collect more picks in the middle rounds — the sweet spot of this draft — would be more likely. 

For once I agree with your Logic.  If the board fell like this I’m thinking the Bills trade down or up to #20 with the Steelers to get ahead of the Pack and Pats for Jameson Williams.  Not sure what the compensation would be to go from 25 to 20 but maybe a 2022 4th and 2023 2nd would get it done.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (Glazeduck) are on the clock

My fault completely.  Sherlock sent me the pick hours ago and I missed it.

With the 27th pick in the draft the Bucs select George Karlaftis, Edge, Purdue.

I felt like this was BPA and adds a starter on the D-line which is in need of some young blood. 26 picks were mistakenly made without calling Karlaftis' name and he will make the league pay dearly.

The Packers @glazeduckare on the clock

• Haha (+1) 4

With the 28th selection, the Green Bay Packers select Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn St.

Our QB needs weapons, and while we selected the WR with the highest upside 6 picks ago, Dotson will give him a starting, reliable WR immediately and the closest thing this draft has to a Davante Adams (in terms of play style).

The Chiefs @Logic is on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chiefs (Logic) are on the clock
17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Stop looking at gunners mock @Logic ! Make your picks!!  😘 

Gotta consult with the world's most respected draft experts: Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, GunnerBill. The usuals. 

Also, don't rush me, B word.

snoop dogg patience GIF by VH1

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

With the 28th selection, the Green Bay Packers select Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn St.

Our QB needs weapons, and while we selected the WR with the highest upside 6 picks ago, Dotson will give him a starting, reliable WR immediately and the closest thing this draft has to a Davante Adams (in terms of play style).

The Chiefs @Logic is on the clock

This is a very likely pick depending on how the WRs go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

With the 29th pick in the 2022 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Daxton Hill, Safety/CB/deadly weapon, Michigan

Put simply, Hill was sticking out on our board like a sore thumb. While we ideally wanted to address wide receiver, corner, or edge rusher here, the value at those positions simply was not there at this spot. I also think that by the time the draft rolls around, the Chiefs will have signed Jadeveon Clowney or Melvin Ingram. We want to add playmakers on our defense at all three levels, and after the departure of Honey Badger, not to mention the increase in passing prowess in the AFC West this offseason, we needed a shot of playmaking ability and juice in our secondary. Enter Hill. He will instantly bring explosive, ballhawking ability as a safety, and also has the ability to effectively play nickel or even outside corner. In short, he will move around our secondary and make plays wherever he lines up. In 2022, he'll be a sub-package player and swiss army knife. In 2023, Juan Thornhill's contract is up, and Hill will ideally take over at Free Safety for the next decade+. While safety was not our biggest need, the value here couldn't be ignored, nor could the playmaking ability.

With the 30th pick in the 2022 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Devonte Wyatt, Defensive Tackle, Georgia

Again, this was the best player on our board. A true BPA pick. The only defensive tackle under contract beyond 2023 is Chris Jones. Meanwhile, Khalen Saunders and Derick Nnadi are nothing to write home about. After giving up an eye-popping 4.8 yards per rush in 2021 -- second worst in the league -- we wanted to add talent to the interior of our defensive line and give Chris Jones some help. Wyatt's best position may be at 3T, but he can play -- and has played -- anywhere along the line of scrimmage, from 0 to 7 technique. His addition helps both our run and pass defense and gives us two movable pieces (Jones and Wyatt) that will allow us to diversify our pass rush package. David Ojabo and Boye Mafe were considered here, but the recent injury to the former gave us pause as to his potential for full recovery, and it was a touch early for the latter.

@HappyDays and his Cincinnati Bengals are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

With the 29th pick in the 2022 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Daxton Hill, Safety/CB/deadly weapon, Michigan

Put simply, Hill was sticking out on our board like a sore thumb. While we ideally wanted to address wide receiver, corner, or edge rusher here, the value at those positions simply was not there at this spot. I also think that by the time the draft rolls around, the Chiefs will have signed Jadeveon Clowney or Melvin Ingram. We want to add playmakers on our defense at all three levels, and after the departure of Honey Badger, not to mention the increase in passing prowess in the AFC West this offseason, we needed a shot of playmaking ability and juice in our secondary. Enter Hill. He will instantly bring explosive, ballhawking ability as a safety, and also has the ability to effectively play nickel or even outside corner. In short, he will move around our secondary and make plays wherever he lines up. In 2022, he'll be a sub-package player and swiss army knife. In 2023, Juan Thornhill's contract is up, and Hill will ideally take over at Free Safety for the next decade+. While safety was not our biggest need, the value here couldn't be ignored, nor could the playmaking ability.

With the 30th pick in the 2022 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Devonte Wyatt, Defensive Tackle, Georgia

Again, this was the best player on our board. A true BPA pick. The only defensive tackle under contract beyond 2023 is Chris Jones. Meanwhile, Khalen Saunders and Derick Nnadi are nothing to write home about. After giving up an eye-popping 4.8 yards per rush in 2021 -- second worst in the league -- we wanted to add talent to the interior of our defensive line and give Chris Jones some help. Wyatt's best position may be at 3T, but he can play -- and has played -- anywhere along the line of scrimmage, from 0 to 7 technique. His addition helps both our run and pass defense and gives us two movable pieces (Jones and Wyatt) that will allow us to diversify our pass rush package. David Ojabo and Boye Mafe were considered here, but the recent injury to the former gave us pause as to his potential for full recovery, and it was a touch early for the latter.

We waited for that.....

😁

Is it crazy to anyone else that 3 DT's from the same team are projected as first round picks?

Edited by Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bengals (HappyDays) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't disagree with the value, but no WR here?  Inconceivable...they'd be all over Christian Watson or Alex Pierce... 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We waited for that.....

😁

Is it crazy to anyone else that 3 DT's from the same team are projected as first round picks?

Hey, at least I give thorough reasoning for my picks and then tag the next guy, unlike....oh,  30-40% of the participants in this thing 😝

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, mannc said:

I don't disagree with the value, but no WR here?  Inconceivable...they'd be all over Christian Watson or Alex Pierce... 

Depends on whether or not they believe in BPA, and to what degree they are slaves to "need".

I don't think Watson or Pierce are rated anywhere near Hill or Wyatt in terms of value.

I also think that WR, corner, and edge -- their three biggest needs -- are deep enough positions in this draft that with two 2nds and two 3rd, they can address them.

I also kind of expect the Chiefs to trade one of those late 1sts for an established WR in real life, and to sign Ingram, Clowney, Houston, or Hughes at edge.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.