New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Again, why would poloncarz veto the stadium? It means jobs and the bills staying in Erie county.  He wins votes even if he doesn't want it.

The article has Pegula quoted as threatening to move the team or that's just what they felt?

Do I think there are other sponsors out there? Yes.  You think original pizza logs is the sponsor they wanted to use for a leader expiring in a few years or would they prefer to go with a bigger corp and wanted to wait until the new stadium and lease was in place?

There you go.

Later articles quoted the VP of PSE and later still, Hochul, saying as much.  You know this.

I don't know how you are defining "a leader", but no one else would consider "the official finger food of the Buffalo Bills" a "lead" sponsor.

Those would be Hymark, Kaleida, M and T Bank, Independent Health, Toyota, Labatts, Bud, Pepsi, Tim Hortons, Wegmans, etc.

You think some other companies are waiting to advertise in another stadium in Orchard Park NY when it becomes even more expensive to do so?

• Like (+1) 1

PSL process looks to be next on the list as proceeds will directly fund construction.

https://buffalonews.com/business/local/documents-reveal-more-about-sales-and-marketing-of-seat-licenses-for-new-bills-stadium/article_e708fca2-ce58-11ed-9042-67af68ea8877.html

“When the Buffalo Bills start selling personal seat licenses, season ticket holders will be able to see what their seats in a new stadium will look like through a virtual seating center that the team plans to open in Williamsville.

That marketing and sales center will be set up in the Walker Center starting this spring to help sell personal seat licenses, which allow the organization to charge a fee giving season ticket holders the right to buy tickets, according to the agreement.

At the center, fans will be able to buy season tickets for the new stadium and experience their seat in virtual reality.

The documents do not, however, delve into PSL prices or a timeline for their sale as the Bills prepare to break ground on the $1.54 billion stadium in May and substantially complete it in about three years.

‘All the PSL money is used for construction on a stadium, so that's critically important as we embark on this, especially in a market like Buffalo, where we don't have the ability to increase (ticket)prices the way other markets have,’ Ron Raccuia, executive vice president and COO for the Bills, said previously.“

1 minute ago, Jukester said:

PSL process looks to be next on the list as proceeds will directly fund construction.

https://buffalonews.com/business/local/documents-reveal-more-about-sales-and-marketing-of-seat-licenses-for-new-bills-stadium/article_e708fca2-ce58-11ed-9042-67af68ea8877.html

“When the Buffalo Bills start selling personal seat licenses, season ticket holders will be able to see what their seats in a new stadium will look like through a virtual seating center that the team plans to open in Williamsville.

That marketing and sales center will be set up in the Walker Center starting this spring to help sell personal seat licenses, which allow the organization to charge a fee giving season ticket holders the right to buy tickets, according to the agreement.

At the center, fans will be able to buy season tickets for the new stadium and experience their seat in virtual reality.

The documents do not, however, delve into PSL prices or a timeline for their sale as the Bills prepare to break ground on the $1.54 billion stadium in May and substantially complete it in about three years.

‘All the PSL money is used for construction on a stadium, so that's critically important as we embark on this, especially in a market like Buffalo, where we don't have the ability to increase (ticket)prices the way other markets have,’ Ron Raccuia, executive vice president and COO for the Bills, said previously.“

That’s ridiculous! How much of the new stadium are you going to be able to see from Williamsville! There have to be at least ten thousand trees in the way. 😉

6 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Who are you a Terry Pegula relative? Being a Buffalo Bills fan has nothing to do with liking or not liking the current Bills owner Terry Pegula who I think is incompetent bum who can’t win the big game with all the sports teams he owns which is hard to do. Example Terry Pegula owns two lacrosse teams Buffalo Bandits for 12 years and the Rochester Knighthawks for 2 years in a 15 team NLL and yet he can’t win a championship. Doesn’t give me a lot of confidence in Terry Pegula the Buffalo Bills owner because regardless of the new Bills stadium he doesn’t know what he is doing as a sports team owner. There will be more Buffalo fans to fill up the owner is incompetent boat as the years go bye. I am a pioneer one of the first Buffalo sports fans not clouded by Terry Pegula money. I am pretty sure basing this on 49 years of watching sports of all sorts over the years Terry Pegula isn’t winning unfortunately because of the whole lacrosse deal situation the Buffalo Bandits are the New York Yankees of NLL lacrosse even that cheap Tom Gollasono and Larry Quinn won one championship 2008. Buffalo Bandits it’s been 12 years of ownership and counting for Terry Pegula Buffalo Bandits and Buffalo Sabres ownership wake up Buffalo he doesn’t have it as a sports team owner we need a call to the bull pen please sell the Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bandits we need a new owner in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Go Bandits! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Good points here. And how was Kim Pegula qualified to be President of the Buffalo Bills? Did she have any sports management experience before that, or was it strictly a nepotism appointment?

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s ridiculous! How much of the new stadium are you going to be able to see from Williamsville! There have to be at least ten thousand trees in the way. 😉

Part of the virtual tour will be having to walk through the forest to get to the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Part of the virtual tour will be having to walk through the forest to get to the stadium.

I did that this year in the night Miami game. There was about a ft of snow in the ground. The little “bridge” over the creek was icy as hell. I’ll never go that way again. 

41 minutes ago, nucci said:

You have to pay thousands of dollars for the right to purchase a season ticket. What a concept.

Welcome to the future. If you read the article in the Buffalo News you’ll see this is the new normal in all of those cities with those new stadiums that everyone admires so much. I’m pretty sure that I wouldn’t pay it if I still lived in WNY but it’s not all that different from the ‘$ due at signing’ fine print on that new car lease. Sure, your monthly payment is lower but you pay thousands up front to reduce it and in the end you don’t own the car. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Welcome to the future. If you read the article in the Buffalo News you’ll see this is the new normal in all of those cities with those new stadiums that everyone admires so much. I’m pretty sure that I wouldn’t pay it if I still lived in WNY but it’s not all that different from the ‘$ due at signing’ fine print on that new car lease. Sure, your monthly payment is lower but you pay thousands up front to reduce it and in the end you don’t own the car. 

That’s the tricky part though isn’t it? I don’t know because I haven’t dealt with PSLs in the past. But doesn’t it mean that because you paid the PSL you own the seat. So in the even if a concert, or monster truck rally, or any other sort of show there, aren’t those your tickets if you chose to buy them? 

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I understand how things work. I just don't agree with them...also, don't lease a car. Buy it

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s the tricky part though isn’t it? I don’t know because I haven’t dealt with PSLs in the past. But doesn’t it mean that because you paid the PSL you own the seat. So in the even if a concert, or monster truck rally, or any other sort of show there, aren’t those your tickets if you chose to buy them? 

That's a great question.  I wonder what the answer is.  

I hate the whole PSL thing on concept, nothing but a money grab by people with money.  On principle, I don't care what it is, but I would never pay for a PSL.  

I'm curious how the ticket sale process is going to go.  PSLs, about twice the current ticket prices on top of that, all being done by an out-of-town corporation.  

I've done aftermarkets, but if it's going to be near $1,000 for me and one of my family to go see a game, I'll find something else to do with that money, on principle if nothing else.  I could watch the game from home and hire someone to wait on me hand and foot for that kind of money, with plenty leftover.  I'm also not sitting in the upper deck corners.  

But apparently there's plenty of interest although I'm not sure that most fans realize what the new costs of attending a game are going to be.  

Many were balking at a 12% hike, well this is going to be a whole lot more than 12%, closer to 100%.

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

it will probably play out like it does in other cities. The regular fans either don't buy the PSLs or they agree to and then default on them. Corporations will buy them though and resell the decent seats at a premium.

The "real fans" will be relegated to the high upper corners/endzones. The middle sideline seats, upper and lower will be sparsely filled, especially in poor weather games, by people who overpaid for them, typically opposing fans.

---

thats how you end up with the Cowboys amazing stadium filled with 49er fans... Pegula aspires to be like Jerry Jones so he's bringing that here to Orchard Park.

Thanks for the Intel.  Discouraging though.  

If it plays out that way, I would imagine that our fans are going to have a different opinion of the situation once that reality kicks in.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

it will probably play out like it does in other cities. The regular fans either don't buy the PSLs or they agree to and then default on them. Corporations will buy them though and resell the decent seats at a premium.

The "real fans" will be relegated to the high upper corners/endzones. The middle sideline seats, upper and lower will be sparsely filled, especially in poor weather games, by people who overpaid for them, typically opposing fans.

---

thats how you end up with the Cowboys amazing stadium filled with 49er fans... Pegula aspires to be like Jerry Jones so he's bringing that here to Orchard Park.

remember when new yankee stadium opened. All lower seats behind home plate and around the dugout were empty. Fans couldn't afford them

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

That's a great question.  I wonder what the answer is.  

I hate the whole PSL thing on concept, nothing but a money grab by people with money.  On principle, I don't care what it is, but I would never pay for a PSL.  

I'm curious how the ticket sale process is going to go.  PSLs, about twice the current ticket prices on top of that, all being done by an out-of-town corporation.  

I've done aftermarkets, but if it's going to be near $1,000 for me and one of my family to go see a game, I'll find something else to do with that money, on principle if nothing else.  I could watch the game from home and hire someone to wait on me hand and foot for that kind of money, with plenty leftover.  I'm also not sitting in the upper deck corners.  

But apparently there's plenty of interest although I'm not sure that most fans realize what the new costs of attending a game are going to be.  

Many were balking at a 12% hike, well this is going to be a whole lot more than 12%, closer to 100%.

You are 100% on that. Just about everything you said. I keep saying it and have to keep reminding people. Prepare to be disappointed. That’s not just the stadium being built. It’s the process of how they are doing it. It’s the costs that are going to come with it. Everything. If the public funding was to cover much of stadium costs and everything then they shouldn’t have to force the PSLs. Or if they did that, then they shouldn’t have to increase ticket prices by 100%. 

again, time will tell on all of this. I think people are going to be in for a rude awakening. We will see I guess. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, nucci said:

I understand how things work. I just don't agree with them...also, don't lease a car. Buy it

You are aware it doesn’t change the price you pay, right? It just moves a really good hunk of the payment up front. It’s similar to income tax. You pay the same amount at the bottom of the form whether you get a refund or write a check on April 15th. The only difference is whether the government held your money for you throughout the year. 😉

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Bills will probably need to rescind the zip code season ticket sales rule to get enough PSLs sold although their "marketing partners" (ticket agencies and resellers) will probably buy a bunch.  

That will probably be the first step of they have trouble getting people to bite on the PSL and increased tix prices. That’s about all it’ll take really. They know that brokers will easily buy them and make a killing off then. If people go from ST holder and attending every game a year to not being able to afford it anymore, look for people to go all out once or twice a year instead and buy tix in the secondary market 

4 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

---

More terrible takes

If Pegula want to be Jerry Jones he would’ve built the $2 billion palace

He’s building a football stadium that will be filled

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Jerry Jones is his best friend of all the owners and someone he looks up to. 

and how I described PSLs is entirely accurate. 

You’re gonna be able to get a PSL for 500-600 dollars For some seats … You’re gonna be able to get a PSL and season tickets for some seats for under $1600-1700

You will still be able to buy individual tickets for 100 bucks… Going through Ticketmaster is why people pay way more

Go to the bills box office

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

yah....

with a good view of the parking lot

are you Mr I need to sit on the 50 yard line or I won’t go to a game ?

First of all there’s not one bad site line at Ralph Wilson stadium… Not one

I’ve been in every section… Best site lines in the NFL

The new stadium is going to be built with great site lines in mind…

Second I have Been to plenty of games up in the 300s with my father growing up … And I never thought damn this sucks I’m so high up… Let alone, never be able to see 

You literally talk out your butt

Third…. They say they will have tickets in the upper bowl between the 20-40 for like 700 psl and 800-900 ticket 

That’s perfectly reasonable and you’re not looking at the parking lot 

I look forward to you not going to the games

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Ok WTF does the sitelines at Ralph Wilson Stadium have to do with the PSLs at the new monstrosity? 

I already laid it out for you, the only "affordable" PSLs are gonna be in the far corners and endzones. Anything on the sidelines, upper and lower, are not going to be purchased by regular fans. That's how PSLs go in every city that has tried it

Really because I am going to buy PSL somewhere between the 20 and 40… So that already destroyed your regular people won’t buy them

Secondly you said you’ll be looking at the parking lot with that view… They already said the new stadium will be built with football site lines 1st in mind

Nobody will be looking at the parking lot… Not uptop or in the corner 

And a lot of people will buy the PSLs From the endzones and corners and between the 10-40

Obviously if you want to sit 5rows up on the 50 yard line it’s going to be very expensive… It’s expensive today

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

look I mean, obviously there will be some suckers like you. I didn't mean there will be zero buyers. Most in WNY are going to recognize dropping $5,000- $10,000 on a PSL alone, and then having to buy season tickets on top of that, is not something they want to do

Where are you getting these prices you’re making up?

85% of the PSLs are not going to be 5-10k

most will be 500(cheapest)-3000k according to what they said …. The very few select seats will be 10-15- $20,000

And that’s for being field level 50 yard line and clubs 

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

most will be 500(cheapest)-3000k according to what they said …. The very few select seats will be 10-15- $20,000

Where are you getting your numbers from?  As far as I know nothing has been released, so either you know someone on the inside, or you are guessing?

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Where are you getting your numbers from?  As far as I know nothing has been released, so either you know someone on the inside, or you are guessing?

There was an article in the Buffalo news About 10 months ago that detailed a potential Priceline

Now it’s obviously not 100% set in stone

But it’s definitely a good outlier

They’re not gonna say some psl will be $500…. And then the lowest be 1500

It’s gonna be pretty close

And the article said the most expensive PSL will be field level near 50… and that could he 25k

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

you said between the 20-40, you aren't getting a $500 PSL. You are going to be in that $5,000 range

I don’t believe the article said that that it was a $5000 PSL… maybe 2k… I haven’t read the article in a while

Again not set in stone… But these were real feelers putting out

I don’t think they’re going to increase it 100% from what they said… So if a corner PSL is 500… I don’t think it’s magically gonna be 1500 by the day the stadium built

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

There was an article in the Buffalo news About 10 months ago that detailed a potential Priceline

Now it’s obviously not 100% set in stone

But it’s definitely a good outlier

They’re not gonna say some psl will be $500…. And then the lowest be 1500

It’s gonna be pretty close

And the article said the most expensive PSL will be field level near 50… and that could he 25k

I don’t believe the article said that that’s it was a $5000 PSL

Again not set in stone… But these were real feelers putting out

I don’t think they’re going to increase it 100% from what they said

Link?

16 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Reserved seating options

Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent
Heating: None
Annual price per seat: $990
One-time PSL: $2,100

Coverage: None
Annual price per seat: $1,730
One-time PSL: $3,950

Coverage: Significant
Annual price per seat: $900
One-time PSL: $1,150

Annual price per seat: $1,900
One-time PSL: $4,850

Annual price per seat: $1,580
One-time PSL: $3,200

One-time PSL: $2,600

Annual price per seat: $750
One-time PSL: $750

Heating: Above seats
Annual price per seat: $2,080
One-time PSL: $5,950

Annual price per seat: $820

Annual price per seat: $1,090

One-time PSL: $1,400

One-time PSL: $1,750

Annual price per seat: $1,440

Annual price per seat: $2,280
One-time PSL: $9,000

Coverage: Moderate, canopy overhead
One-time PSL: $600

Annual price per seat: $1,190

Annual price per seat: $1,310

Individual premium seating options

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40- and 25-yard lines
Food and beverage: A la carte
Annual price per seat: $2,800
One-time PSL: $11,200

Annual price per seat: $4,000
One-time PSL: $20,000

Annual price per seat: $4,350
One-time PSL: $13,600

Annual price per seat: $5,050

Annual price per seat: $5,350
One-time PSL: $9,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 10-yard line and end zone
Annual price per seat: $2,400
One-time PSL: $5,150

Annual price per seat: $6,050
One-time PSL: $24,250

Location: Lower-level club suite between 40- and 25-yard lines
Annual price per seat: $4,500

Location: Mezzanine-level club suite between 25- and 10-yard lines
Annual price per seat: $3,000
One-time PSL: $6,250

Again not concrete…. But this was the team email setting out feelers…. And it looks like 600 is Lowest not 500

2400 PSL For upper level between the 40s… 900 something a ticket 

https://theathletic.com/3299415/2022/05/08/bills-stadium-survey-provides-insight-into-seating-pricing-options-for-teams-future-home/?amp=1

The athletic Article echoes the team email 

Sorry for the copying and pasting of all the prices

• Thank you (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

23 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

you said between the 20-40, you aren't getting a $500 PSL. You are going to be in that $5,000 range

Just an fyi. Based on the survey I received last year. The PSL prices they sent out were ranging from 1700-2600 in the end zones, 2600-4000 in the corner of the end zones, 2600-9000 along the sidelines for mezzanine levels, and the least amount I saw were in the upper decks starting at 1400 and up to 1700 with roof coverage being the higher end. 

based off the screen shots I saved at the time and current have access to right now. 

fwiw, the 500 levels are going to be really high up. I sat in the upper levels of New Orleans a few years ago and I was afraid to stand up. Felt like if did I was going to fall and never stop until I hit the field. If I wasn’t with family at the time I would have made my wife and I move the second I sat in the seats. I saw the game alright, every inch of the field. I just couldn’t make out who was who on the field by number I was that far away. 

from what I’ve heard, many of these new stadiums feel this way. I almost went to LA last year for the opener and was looking at their 500 level seats. Based on the images I saw online it felt no different than what I experienced in NO. 

29 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Reserved seating options

Again not concrete…. But this was the team email setting out feelers…. And it looks like 600 is Lowest not 500

https://theathletic.com/3299415/2022/05/08/bills-stadium-survey-provides-insight-into-seating-pricing-options-for-teams-future-home/?amp=1

First paragraph of the Athletic article…

The survey wants to assure Buffalo Bills season ticket holders “the prices shown are for research purposes only.”

Edited by LabattBlue

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Reserved seating options

Thank you. Was basing my info off the same thing. I had screen shots of all of that at one point. Can’t find them among my 15k saved photos. 

I think the survey was a feeler. But I do think they will raise prices. They already have it in the contract to raise a certain % anywhere they see fit. So I expect it to happen. 

I also think this survey was a feeler to see how much they could push each individual as far as possible. 

Like @SoCal Deek says. Let’s hope we’re pleasantly surprised. 

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The survey wants to assure Buffalo Bills season ticket holders “the prices shown are for research purposes only.”

Yeah. That’s what I was saying about a feeler to push ST holders as much as possible. They’d be foolish not to try and gauge what they could charge for each seat. The way the survey was set up was specifically in a way to do that 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just an fyi. Based on the survey I received last year. The PSL prices they sent out were ranging from 1700-2600 in the end zones, 2600-4000 in the corner of the end zones, 2600-9000 along the sidelines for mezzanine levels, and the least amount I saw were in the upper decks starting at 1400 and up to 1700 with roof coverage being the higher end. 

based off the screen shots I saved at the time and current have access to right now. 

fwiw, the 500 levels are going to be really high up. I sat in the upper levels of New Orleans a few years ago and I was afraid to stand up. Felt like if did I was going to fall and never stop until I hit the field. If I wasn’t with family at the time I would have made my wife and I move the second I sat in the seats. I saw the game alright, every inch of the field. I just couldn’t make out who was who on the field by number I was that far away. 

from what I’ve heard, many of these new stadiums feel this way. I almost went to LA last year for the opener and was looking at their 500 level seats. Based on the images I saw online it felt no different than what I experienced in NO. 

The bold is my greatest fear - too high and too steep. I don’t think I’ll know until I get inside. I saw a fan video from one of the newer stadiums (I think it was SoFi) that gave me vertigo just watching on my iPad! I’ve been in stadiums where it felt like I was climbing to Manchu Picchu. We went to an NBA game in Orlando one time with the family. My father refused to eat or drink because he was afraid to need the bathroom because he could only make that climb to our seats once. 

I get that it keeps you closer to the field, but there is a trade-off there. Too steep or high can be a problem. Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The bold is my greatest fear - too high and too steep. I don’t think I’ll know until I get inside. I saw a fan video from one of the newer stadiums (I think it was SoFi) that gave me vertigo just watching on my iPad! I’ve been in stadiums where it felt like I was climbing to Manchu Picchu. We went to an NBA game in Orlando one time with the family. My father refused to eat or drink because he was afraid to need the bathroom because he could only make that climb to our seats once. 

I get that it keeps you closer to the field, but there is a trade-off there. Too steep or high can be a problem. Time will tell. 

Back to my old saying in this thread. Prepare to be disappointed. Lol. 

im almost positive the 500 levels are going to feel that way. Basically add 2 club levels now on top of what we currently have. I have a firm belief this stadium is going to be very tall. The 100 levels will be similar to what we have now. But the 200, 300, and 400 levels I feel will be almost stacked right on top of one another. Then add in the 500 levels which will likely be similar to what the 300s at the Ralph are now. 

I believe I watched that same video of SoFi. And I can tell you from my experience with NO. Based off the pics and vid’s I saw before I got there. It felt very similar to what I saw with SoFi. It’s gonna be high imo. And pretty steep. Which might not be a bad thing if you like to sit for the whole game and be able to see. Because people likely won’t be standing and being stupid. And the rows will likely be taller steps than there are now so your view of the back of the guys head in front of you will likely be a foot lower. 

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve already said that it’s a feeler… and not concrete… Do you not read what I said?

If the research showed nobody is willing to pay for those prices… Guess what

They won’t magically be 10 times higher

They were researching what people are willing to pay… If nobody was willing to pay that,  it’s not gonna be 10 times higher

You can expect it to be around 5-10% of the numbers … 

Of course their reaching out to season-ticket holders to see how much they can get from them

Edited by Buffalo716

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

Thank you. Was basing my info off the same thing. I had screen shots of all of that at one point. Can’t find them among my 15k saved photos. 

I think the survey was a feeler. But I do think they will raise prices. They already have it in the contract to raise a certain % anywhere they see fit. So I expect it to happen. 

I also think this survey was a feeler to see how much they could push each individual as far as possible. 

Like @SoCal Deek says. Let’s hope we’re pleasantly surprised. 

Yeah. That’s what I was saying about a feeler to push ST holders as much as possible. They’d be foolish not to try and gauge what they could charge for each seat. The way the survey was set up was specifically in a way to do that 

Ofc it was a feeler

If tons of season-ticket holders said they were willing to shell it out without a doubt of course they’re going to be able to raise it

But if they got 70% doubt… Of course they can raise it… But I doubt it would be that substantial of a raise

Of course they’re trying to get as much as they can

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

about says it all right there.

Getting $1 billion from taxpayers, but they are still reaching out to people that have bought season tickets for decades to see how much in extra fees they are willing to stomach 

You would be a terrible business if you wouldn’t 

The difference between a business that last 100 years and one that lasts 10

Is getting every last dollar out of your customer

Dude Terry Pegula is not our friend… He is a billionaire who keeps buffaloes favorite pastime here

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

yes I think the Jets/Giants stadium in Jersey will be a good example of what we can expect

that stadium is disappointing to the real fans and the PSLs are a disaster lol

not our friend that’s for sure but we don’t need to get on our knees “because he keeps our pastime here”

… that is inaccurate, others would/could do the same without public funding 

It was Bon Jovi… Donald Trump

Or Terry Pegula

I’ll take Terry Pegula

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

Back to my old saying in this thread. Prepare to be disappointed. Lol. 

im almost positive the 500 levels are going to feel that way. Basically add 2 club levels now on top of what we currently have. I have a firm belief this stadium is going to be very tall. The 100 levels will be similar to what we have now. But the 200, 300, and 400 levels I feel will be almost stacked right on top of one another. Then add in the 500 levels which will likely be similar to what the 300s at the Ralph are now. 

I believe I watched that same video of SoFi. And I can tell you from my experience with NO. Based off the pics and vid’s I saw before I got there. It felt very similar to what I saw with SoFi. It’s gonna be high imo. And pretty steep. Which might not be a bad thing if you like to sit for the whole game and be able to see. Because people likely won’t be standing and being stupid. And the rows will likely be taller steps than there are now so your view of the back of the guys head in front of you will likely be a foot lower. 

Almost by default when you build the stadium completely out of the ground, it’s going to be steeper than one in the ground like Rich Stadium. If anyone’s been to the Rose Bowl, also built into the ground it’s amazingly shallow. So much so that it’s deceiving how it can seat 100,000 people. But, I can assure you that the designers are taking sight lines into account. 👍

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Almost by default when you build the stadium completely out of the ground, it’s going to be steeper than one in the ground like Rich Stadium. If anyone’s been to the Rose Bowl, also built into the ground it’s amazingly shallow. So much so that it’s deceiving how it can seat 100,000 people. But, I can assure you that the designers are taking sight lines into account. 👍

Yeah I get sight lines. But can’t do anything about being a mile up from the field. 

It is what it is. But that’s part of my argument about the whole project and why I keep saying prepared to be disappointed. Or the fact that fans are going to have to make a decision. Either be up in the clouds or pay 5k+ for a PSL and 2-3k per season ticket. It’s just the reality of what’s going to happen imo. 

im trying to adopt your philosophy and hope to be pleasantly surprised. I feel like I’m getting better.