Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spotrac just posted Crowder's Cap hit.

$1,980,000.  Nowhere near that $4M number.

Great job Beane!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jamison-crowder-16831/

I just found out and came to post this.

This is incredible. 2M cash and cap hit for Crowder? Thats just sick. There are probably some bonuses "not likely to be earned" which might increase his earnings but holy cow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I just found out and came to post this.

This is incredible. 2M cash and cap hit for Crowder? Thats just sick. There are probably some bonuses "not likely to be earned" which might increase his earnings but holy cow.

Agree.  Beane did a great job with this.  

Beane has enough on the books to cover Shaq and Barkley with some left over!

16 hours ago, Doc said:

I expect to see Josh do for Crowder what he did for Bease.

I do, but I don’t. He def won’t have the numbers Beasley did and I don’t think he’ll be first team all pro. I think the offense will be much different and the slot WR will get less snaps than the last 3 years.  Throw in the fact that I expect Mckenzie to take a few slot reps + crowders inability to stay healthy.  He’s a great add and a helluva slot WR.  Love the signing, I just think he’ll have less snaps/targets.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I do, but I don’t. He def won’t have the numbers Beasley did and I don’t think he’ll be first team all pro. I think the offense will be much different and the slot WR will get less snaps than the last 3 years.  Throw in the fact that I expect Mckenzie to take a few slot reps + crowders inability to stay healthy.  He’s a great add and a helluva slot WR.  Love the signing, I just think he’ll have less snaps/targets.  

I'd just like to put this out here - the Jets seem to have had a problem with their sports medicine/rehab staff the last few years.  They were making visibly bad decisions about injured players during games and attracting controversy.

I think it's possible Crowder is able to stay healthier here.

As for what happens - that depends on both changes to the offense, and how much rappore Crowder builds with Allen.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd just like to put this out here - the Jets seem to have had a problem with their sports medicine/rehab staff the last few years.  They were making visibly bad decisions about injured players during games and attracting controversy.

As for what happens - that depends on both changes to the offense, and how much rappore Crowder builds with Allen.

Nice tidbit.  Thanks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jamison-crowder-16831/

This is just "Exhibit Z" of why one should never assess signings too vigorously based on initial reports.

This was reported as a 1 year contract worth "up to" $4M (it probably is - there may be $2M of incentives classed by the NFL as "not likely to be earned").

McKenzie's contract, OTOH, was reported as a "2 year, $4.4M" contract (after an initial report as $8M) BUT, it has been said to include $3.75M of incentives, which would actually make it a 2 year, $8M contract the same way Crowders is "up to" $4M

Confused yet?  Me too, but the the bottom line is, wait to see the details on any deal.

Also, while it's not 100%, contracts do sometimes reflect the relative value teams put on players.

I think some writers talking about the Bills were influenced by the report, $4M for Crowder = higher value signing.

To the extent that contract reflects perceived value, Crowder at $2M cap hit this year ($1.1M guaranteed) is actually on a pretty equal footing with McKenzie ($1.9M cap hit this year, $1.25M guaranteed)

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

What happens to those 'difficult to hit' bonuses if they are hit- do they become dead cap next year?

Not exactly.  At the start of a new NFL year each team's cap is adjusted up or down accordingly due to these factors.

Last week the Bills had their cap adjusted lower by $1.9M.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is a very accurate statement. The Jets had an O lineman named Osemele (sp) I think his name was where he was forced to play injured before he was traded/cut.

14 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

This is a very accurate statement. The Jets had an O lineman named Osemele (sp) I think his name was where he was forced to play injured before he was traded/cut.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Jets turned over their training staff under Douglas, but the results have been similar in terms of man-games lost. 

There may be something to the grumbling of several Jets/Giants players that the field at MetLife sucks and increases the risk of injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.