Happiest two guys in Bills' defensive locker room...

eball

...are Greg Rousseau and Ed Oliver.  For different reasons.

For Groot, he has to be licking his chops about getting to learn and soak up everything from Miller.  I'm so excited to see what he brings after a full NFL training offseason program; it's awesome he got a lot of on-the-job experience last year.  I'm expecting a HUGE year two jump for him.

For Oliver, he gets that "premiere" rush end to give an OL more to worry about.  He already took that big jump but we could see All-Pro play this season.

And on the other side of things, AJ Epenesa and Boogie Basham know they better put in a LOT of work because some grown ass men were just brought onto this roster to take it to the next level.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i think you have to add tremaine edmunds to this list as well they will have to leave an RB in to chip or double team whoever on the DL so its going to free him and milano up to make more plays. i hope to see edmunds play more instinctual now that he wont have to decide where things are coming from and he can just go make plays and should hopefully allow him to take that next step from pro bowl player to elite all pro LB

Edited by cablesabres68
Unbold
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So basically the only guy left who isn't happy is Star.  Who may not even be here by September.

I think Star stays because he is liked by the staff and there is not a ton of cap value to be had with his release. I think if the Bills had no intention f keeping him, like Beasley they would be letting him explore trade value.

Update:

As I was typing this the Bills released him - guess I was wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So basically the only guy left who isn't happy is Star.  Who may not even be here by September.

If the Bills do not resign Hughes, I would include him in the sad column.  All these years busting his nuts and the team is on the verge of getting a ring, he is shown the door.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

...are Greg Rousseau and Ed Oliver.  For different reasons.

For Groot, he has to be licking his chops about getting to learn and soak up everything from Miller.  I'm so excited to see what he brings after a full NFL training offseason program; it's awesome he got a lot of on-the-job experience last year.  I'm expecting a HUGE year two jump for him.

For Oliver, he gets that "premiere" rush end to give an OL more to worry about.  He already took that big jump but we could see All-Pro play this season.

And on the other side of things, AJ Epenesa and Boogie Basham know they better put in a LOT of work because some grown ass men were just brought onto this roster to take it to the next level.

AJ Epenesa should be buying as many McDonald's franchises as he can afford.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think Star stays because he is liked by the staff and there is not a ton of cap value to be had with his release. I think if the Bills had no intention f keeping him, like Beasley they would be letting him explore trade value.

Update:

As I was typing this the Bills released him - guess I was wrong.

I read your response too before I read he was cut.  LOL

While I completely agree w/you regarding Oliver and Groot, this feels like the classic domino effect.  It's very rare when one player comes in and changes things up like the addition of Miller has the potential to do.  Every level, IMO, is gonna benefit, in a major way...and yes I agree Oliver could quite possibly benefit moreso than others.  Like you said, by the end of the season, he was clearly not just our best d lineman, he was becoming practically unblockable from a one on one standpoint.  My goodness the possibilities are endless.  

Edmunds is either completely stoked at the Miller signing(plus Settle, Jones, Phillips), or maybe even feeling a bit of pressure, because right now, all the chips have fallen into place for him to play his best ball.  As cablesabres68 said, he should be able to play much more instinctively now.  This has got to be a put up or shut up year for Edmunds, and I believe this move, above all things, will show us what we truly have in our MLB, and will allow Beane and Co make the best decision regarding Edmunds future in Buffalo.

27 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

2 other Bills defenders very happy with the new additions are Poyer & Hyde -as Father Time continues its inevitable whittling away of their skills.. 

not sayin’, just sayin’🤷‍♂️😢

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I will say Poyer and Hyde.  Pressure equals bad throws equals INTs.  The more the merrier.  

Great minds think alike my friend

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.