How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Are they reducing the relating spending of the money they get out of the tax or just finding a different way to get it out of people? 

They're not reducing spending.  NYS had a budget surplus last year so they're using some of that to make up for the future lost revenue from the gas tax.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They're not reducing spending.  NYS had a budget surplus last year so they're using some of that to make up for the future lost revenue from the gas tax.

I had thought NYS was in debt, so why not use the surplus to pay off the debt? If I am wrong let me know 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I had thought NYS was in debt, so why not use the surplus to pay off the debt? If I am wrong let me know 

No.  You're right.  NYS is definitely in debt.  I don't even believe it was a thought to pay some of it off using the unexpected budget surplus from last year. 

That’s the President of the United States calling the $5.00 a gallon gasoline that is crushing Americans an “incredible transition.” And lest anyone think I’m misreading him, he means it exactly as it sounds and says as much by citing that we’ll become “less reliant” on fossil fuels in the end.

In other words, this is all intentional. Biden and his handlers saw an opportunity to destroy the energy market and have done everything in their power to make that a reality. The most recent example came after the administration canceled more oil and gas leases that could have helped relieve price pressures long-term.

We’ve moved past the point of simple political disagreement and into the realm of purposeful sabotage in order to obtain a delusional partisan goal.

They aren’t even hiding the ball anymore. These people want you to suffer.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/05/23/they-want-you-to-suffer-n568547

The United States was a total petroleum net exporter in 2020 and 2021. In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949.    Apr 21, 2022

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

The United States was a total petroleum net exporter in 2020 and 2021. In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949.    Apr 21, 2022

This is true but could lead to a false conclusion. Trump policies were the dominant policies for the begining of the year where we were exporting more and importing less. By the end of the year we were importing more than exporting. It was not Biden policies that caused the net export.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is true but could lead to a false conclusion. Trump policies were the dominant policies for the begining of the year where we were exporting more and importing less. By the end of the year we were importing more than exporting. It was not Biden policies that caused the net export.

I hope US energy companies are not exporting cheaper oil for more profit and importing more expensive oil. There must be a explanation I just have not found it yet. The US also exports Liquified natural gas . NYSEG just requested a 22% rate increase for NY.

7 hours ago, ALF said:

I hope US energy companies are not exporting cheaper oil for more profit and importing more expensive oil. There must be a explanation I just have not found it yet. The US also exports Liquified natural gas . NYSEG just requested a 22% rate increase for NY.

Huh, what?  Nat Gas operates in a regional/global market and producers are free & right to find the best price for their product.  It's not their fault that Europe listened to much to their Green Left and demolished their Energy infrastructure and became entirely reliant on Russian Gas + US LNG...so now that they are dropping Russian Gas, European Nat Gas prices have sky-rocketed 156% this year to $189/mmbtu vs. US prices around $8.50.  Yes, those prices are up 127% YTD here in the US, but that's our fault.  NY State has enough Nat Gas to power half the US, but we won't allow it.  So there you have it, the companies are responding appropriately to market forces.  

On 5/22/2022 at 5:24 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

New York is truly incredible when it comes to taxes. In most southern places you can easily afford an extra 100k on a mortgage if you forego NY taxes. 

My mom lived in WV and paid almost no taxes on land. The red states get so much money from the federal government they do not have to tax their people nearly as much 

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My mom lived in WV and paid almost no taxes on land. The red states get so much money from the federal government they do not have to tax their people nearly as much 

Figures from the tax foundation for the year 2017 on the percentage of State government funds report WV received 38.1% of its funds from the Federal government and NY receive 35.9% of its funds from the Federal government.   Ranks 9th and 15th respectively.    

https://taxfoundation.org/state-federal-aid-reliance-2020/

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Figures from the tax foundation for the year 2017 on the percentage of State government funds report WV received 38.1% of its funds from the Federal government and NY receive 35.9% of its funds from the Federal government.   Ranks 9th and 15th respectively.    

https://taxfoundation.org/state-federal-aid-reliance-2020/

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

This site has WV #2 and NY and #40 

On 3/28/2022 at 2:35 PM, Beach said:

$519 at Wegmans today and they were out of a ton of stuff i usually get.  I did find Bills Mafia hot sauce with JA on it tho!

$458 today, out of wings that i usually pay $60 for.  also couldnt find that Bills Mafia hot sauce which ive started really liking.