How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

On 3/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, Tiberius said:

Yes! Smaller cars will lead to lower gas prices! 

Come on America! Conserve! 

He's on the ballot! Trump wants to return as Speaker of the House! 

https://nj1015.com/nearly-6-a-gallon-this-could-be-the-most-expensive-gas-in-nj/

I just read a article that had said at no time was the "National average" of gas when Trump was in office at $1.84 a gallon because of a viral email that shows a Exxon sign at that price of $1.84 a gallon & it says "Just kidding those were the prices the day Biden took office" . Well maybe they weren't that low but read the article above for todays prices .

Oh that's right i'm so sorry that's because of that dam Putin & covid ...

The article of course in typical Trump Hater fashion disputes that & if the guy that wrote the article was standing in front of me i'd tell him that although the "National Average" wasn't at that price that his Trump hate is apparent in his writings & gas was much closer to that than it is today .

Here in the Nashville area i can remember the price being at 1 point as low as $1.79 a gallon before & during the pandemic and now it is over $4.19 in places but Joe will dwindle our strategic reserve to lower prices making every one think he truly cares when in reality he does this for the reason of mid term elections & that is his only motivation .

Here is a view of what the prices were where i live in the later parts of 2019 before Joe took the reigns . Compare the 2 the upper article & the lower one which would you rather have small cars be dammed ! They sure aren't helping a dam thing now i'm thinking it's pure policy behind this screwing !!

https://www.timesnews.net/living/arts-entertainment/tennessee-gas-prices-set-new-2019-high/article_d11e5ced-8ed8-534d-8899-c3c0fa8ea2c7.html

The big thing that i don't truly understand is Diesel is the left over from the distillation process of making gas & it is over $5.00 a gallon when it use to be less because it was left overs but i guess the US gov't saw the rise & efficiency of Diesel motors and started raising the prices .

Which is exactly as they did with getting a patent on medical cannabis years ago because they knew they would cash in when the truth of cannabis was told . I'm so glad our politicians are so transparent & honest nothing to see here folks ...

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

VOTERS KEEP DISAPPOINTING THE DEMOCRATS WITH THEIR LACK OF GULLIBILITY: 

Voters know: High gas prices are Biden’s fault.

“Who bears the responsibility for higher fuel prices?” Rasmussen Reports asked.

Biden 51%
Putin 15%
Oil companies 26%

The stickers have helped to remind people.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/voters-know-high-gas-prices-are-bidens-fault

Biden? Did he invade Ukraine? Did he insult the Saudi royals? 

Kids wanted KFC last night....I relented tho not a fan but no time to cook.  And since I know 4 people going to say a Wendy's or McDonald's will cost around $35 I said let's go see.  

$47 for the 16 piece family meal.  The sides are suffering from shrinkflation - which is getting out of control everywhere.  The 2 bowls of Mac and cheese barely serve 3 people.  

Supermarket today just for ingredients for Chili:

8 cans store brand whole peeled tomatoes 

6 different types of peppers - like 6 green bell; a handful of some others.  5 red peppers.   

5 yellow onions.

Garlic - I buy the already peeled in a bag its $3.99.  Worth it to not peel...

2 bags of chips.  Hersheys chocolate syrup. 

Thats it. 

$78 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Kids wanted KFC last night....I relented tho not a fan but no time to cook.  And since I know 4 people going to say a Wendy's or McDonald's will cost around $35 I said let's go see.  

$47 for the 16 piece family meal.  The sides are suffering from shrinkflation - which is getting out of control everywhere.  The 2 bowls of Mac and cheese barely serve 3 people.  

6 different types of peppers - like 6 green bell; a handful of some others.  5 red peppers.   

5 yellow onions.

Thats it. 

$78 

My kids got Chick-fil-A yesterday and just for 30 pack nuggets, two milkshakes and one large fry it was $28. The milkshakes are all smalls now also.

42 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My kids got Chick-fil-A yesterday and just for 30 pack nuggets, two milkshakes and one large fry it was $28. The milkshakes are all smalls now also.

Yep - and there's barely a price change 

We got to the point at Chick FIL A - we just order sandwiches and split 2 large fries.  No drinks.  

5 total value meals = $60 plus

Edited by Big Blitz

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

5 yellow onions.

Thats it. 

$78 

lol

Where?

bs.thumb.jpg.60642a13f723d97c83b38038b707b10f.jpg

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed this extreme shrinkflation. I don’t even buy the milkshakes anymore. To be fair, even McDonald’s is around $5 for a milkshake now though. 

3 hours ago, 716er said:

lol

Where?

bs.thumb.jpg.60642a13f723d97c83b38038b707b10f.jpg

Publix

20220501-225700.jpg

20220501-224807.jpg

I never lie

But I forgot the Bananas and due to "supply chain" they ran out of Publix tomatoes.  Had to get Hunts.  

And yes I know....Publix is more expensive.....but not by much.....and when I need fresh vegetables I'll make the drive to get them bc the other places never have them.  Supply chain I guess.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Inflation Can’t Be Censored

by David Catron

An increasingly disturbing feature of American politics is the routine suppression of major news stories that reflect poorly on candidates favored by the Fourth Estate. The most egregious example in recent years occurred in October of 2020 when corporate news outlets and social media platforms colluded to bury a New York Post article on Hunter Biden. Fortunately, some stories just aren’t susceptible to such censorship. Inflation is a case in point. It can’t be hidden from the voters because soaring prices shout the bad news from every grocery store shelf and gas pump in the nation.

https://spectator.org/inflation-cant-be-censored/

• Thank you (+1) 1