Bills Sniffing Around Amari Cooper

BillsShredder83

Cooper has been a boom or bust receiver his whole career, a good but not great player. If he came reasonably cheap 6 to 8 million) on a one year deal I would love it. Move Diggs to the slot and have Davis and Cooper on the outside. But I wouldn’t like to see the Bills break the bank on him either.

• Agree 1

IMO... Unless he gets cut and signs a deal for considerably less than he will get on the open market, My money says this is all hogwash designed to get another team to blink to Dallas's trade demands

It looks like he is due $20 mill in 2022... Not an icebergs chance in hell we absorb that... I also don't see the Bills rushing out for an extension immediately to offset that cost

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Cooper has been a boom or bust receiver his whole career, a good but not great player. If he came reasonably cheap 6 to 8 million) on a one year deal I would love it. Move Diggs to the slot and have Davis and Cooper on the outside. But I wouldn’t like to see the Bills break the bank on him either.

Better for him to get an incentive based contract where he can make more if he performs.

He plays with Josh who finds receivers and he gets enough catches that teams think issue was Dallass not him.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

57 followers and just started tweeting 3 days ago. No.

agreed, but overall it makes sense, and Dean is pretty credible... if it werent for Dean i wouldnt give it much thought.... but logically, theres no way Beane isnt at the very least doing his due diligence.

hey if we think we can "get the best version of yourself" out of him, that could be incredibly scary.  he dissappears and i hate that, but he also takes over games. would trust the process if we made the move

• Like (+1) 1

For what it’s worth: the Pegulas have been consulting with Jerry Jones and co about the new stadium construction.

So as far as the Bills “visiting Arlington”, I view it as more likely that it was to discuss stadium/business than to hash out a trade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I cant speak to the credibility of this neccesarily, but due diligence atleast makes sense.... and former poster Dean Kindig seems to have info that we met with Dallas. Again speculative, but worth keeping an eye on!

I wonder what things people like you believe on twitter.

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Cooper will cost to much imho.  And, the hot/cold comment above is exactly correct.

Is it hot/cold, or is it that he comes up small in big moments? My impression has been the latter, that he wilts under pressure.