List of draft players Bills have met with

Pete

On 4/9/2022 at 8:11 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

I think Emerson will go earlier than 5th, but most reports I’ve seen have similar criticisms of his speed and quickness and that is a big concern at CB.

The Bills need speed at CB if they want to match up with Tyreek Hill twice in the season and then Kelce again possibly twice in the season.   We got 42 points poured on us by the two

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The Bills need speed at CB if they want to match up with Tyreek Hill twice in the season and then Kelce again possibly twice in the season.   We got 42 points poured on us by the two

Hill won't have a QB throwing to him anywhere close to PM. So while he will still be a threat I think a lot less of a threat now. Kelce I think it's possible his numbers could go down since he no longer will have the luxury of Hill making things easier for him. 

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Anybody knows if Bills somehow met with Daxton Hill?

Reported visits have very little correlation with who gets drafted. The only player of the 30 visited players the last 2 years who were actually drafted by the team is just Jack Anderson (of the players that were leaked/reported)

48 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

dont be. Reports are from a character standpoint he’s a Bills guy to a T. Obviously CB is a big need. Reports are he is going in round 1 tho I think it would be a slight reach.  Shows versatility by being able to play inside and outside. Can play both man and zone. The negatives are he doesn’t do anything elite imo including his athletic profile 

One report I read said solid, but no turnovers in college

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Reported visits have very little correlation with who gets drafted. The only player of the 30 visited players the last 2 years who were actually drafted by the team is just Jack Anderson (of the players that were leaked/reported)

They didn’t have visits to OBD the last 2 years due to covid. 

I think it’s most meaningful for early rounds. After the 2nd it’s tough to align who of the 30 will still be available when you pick

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

dont be. Reports are from a character standpoint he’s a Bills guy to a T. Obviously CB is a big need. Reports are he is going in round 1 tho I think it would be a slight reach.  Shows versatility by being able to play inside and outside. Can play both man and zone. The negatives are he doesn’t do anything elite imo including his athletic profile 

Wasn’t this the knock on Tre’davious White when the Bills drafted him? Sign me up for Gordon. I just want any CB at 25 though, don’t care who if I’m being honest, trust the scouts. 

36 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Wasn’t this the knock on Tre’davious White when the Bills drafted him? Sign me up for Gordon. I just want any CB at 25 though, don’t care who if I’m being honest, trust the scouts. 

White's weaknesses, per his NFL.com scouting report:

• Finesse cornerback with relatively slender frame
  • Physicality and play strength a concern from slot
  • Big-bodied slot targets will post him up in space and drive him off the line in run game
  • Tackles when necessary, but doesn't seek out contact
  • Less technique-oriented and more grabby from slot
  • Finished career with just six interceptions despite extensive playing time
  • Early anchor from off coverage caused struggles opening hips when receivers would stem and go
  • Recovery-quick but not recovery-fast
  • Texas Tech speedster Jakeem Grant gave him all kinds of vertical work in 2015 Texas Bowl
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Who is this guy?  Any idea on credibility? 

It's TC astro 

He used to come on all the bills sites 

He also writes for a couple websites as I recall, but I don't think he has any actual plugins at OBD 

He's a fan who's jumped into this side of the game over the last couple years 

If he does have inside info and he's posting the Bill's cornerback Big board.. I'm pretty sure the bills would have him take it down 

I can't tell if it's his cornerback ratings or if he's saying it's the bills

Edited by Buffalo716

8 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I am seeing a lot of Kyler Gordon in the recent and final mocks at #25.  

I would be surprised frankly.

I have been told Gordon is going round 1. Don't be shocked if he is the first Washington corner off the board was the quote. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's TC astro 

He also writes for a couple websites as I recall, but I don't think he has any actual plugins at OBD 

If he does have inside info and he's posting the Bill's cornerback Big board.. I'm pretty sure the bills would have him take it down 

It’s obviously not anything from the team… Hes the Bills draft guy for Drafttek.  No ties to the team whatsoever 

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Who is this guy?  Any idea on credibility? 

Astro, he does predraft work on visits and scouting 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's TC astro 

He’s not posting info from the team. It’s his own research. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

It’s obviously not anything from the team… Hes the Bills draft guy for Drafttek.  No ties to the team whatsoever 

Somebody posted it like it was some top secret stuff

And asked if Dean has any merit  

If it's just his big board then it's nothing

Edited by Buffalo716

On 4/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The 30 “visits” players via Skype, they still only drafted Jack Anderson

They met with Zach Moss via zoom as well and had a visit with vosean Joseph. Regardless,  it’s most meaningful for 1st round because you don’t know who will even be available past that, to align with the small sample size of visits that you can actually draft.  zoom meetings were not the same meaning or investment as visits where you can do individual workouts and team medical checks. Beane only had 3 1st round picks he could make so far where visits were allowed and they all visited - Allen, Edmunds, Oliver. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.