Bobby Wagner released

CDogg20

23 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Signing Wagner and trading Edmunds would be a dream.

- Upgrade the ILB position.

- Get draft capital back for Edmunds.

- Edmunds fully gtd $12.7M 5th year option moves to the new team at no penalty.

- Groom a mid-to-late round ILB behind Wagner, an All-Pro.

Sign Wagner, Edmunds to WFT for Montez Sweat. Draft BPA. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I hate posts like this because it makes me desperately wish for a scenario that is almost certainly not going to happen.

SAME. It's almost too perfect, and we all know what it's like to be let down by the Bills FO (old habits die hard).

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Sign Wagner, Edmunds to WFT for Montez Sweat. Draft BPA. 

As I've said..........I would love that Edmunds for Sweat trade......... but Washington loses that cap exchange by over $10M as Sweat is just in year 4 of his deal...........and though Sweat has underwhelmed he is still a high ceiling pass rusher so he's probably worth more than a 2 time Pro Bowl LB who isn't nearly as good on tape as that sounds.

Edmunds to Houston for Brandin Cooks is probably more realistic........two expiring contracts, approx same value.

But maybe someone out there really values Edmunds' upside more than I think the tape indicates they should. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Imagine an instinctive LB in the middle of this defense

main-qimg-443467ed3feb0c85f4dcc16bd79b10

Seriously…..  he’d be perfect. Trade Tremaine for a 4th or 5th and be happy paying our MLB big bucks because we know he’s worth it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Seriously…..  he’d be perfect. Trade Tremaine for a 4th or 5th and be happy paying our MLB big bucks because we know he’s worth it.  

That clip is the perfect example of what Tremaine lacks..........he would just run straight at Marshawn Lynch on that play as the ball falls to the turf behind him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

That clip is the perfect example of what Tremaine lacks..........he would just run straight at Marshawn Lynch on that play as the ball falls to the turf behind him. 

Yuuuuup.  🙏🏻 

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Probably, because his reads in nickel are high to low and he isn’t going to have eyes in the backfield like Kuechly in a 4-3 can

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Trade Edmunds to Seattle for one of the picks they just acquired.

My son is a Seahawks fan and he is just devestated today.

why did you let him become a Seahawks fan!!!!   

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Trust me Wagner could teach him alot more than that.

I’d be okay keeping Edmunds with Wagner.  Perhaps Wagner helps Edmunds.   But at Edmunds cost it may be prohibitive, so I’d trade Edmunds and draft LB, which we have to be looking at with Klien gone.  

• Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Probably, because his reads in nickel are high to low and he isn’t going to have eyes in the backfield like Kuechly in a 4-3 can

No........there isn't any need to run thru the ball carrier there.......the pass is late and behind the RB........an instinctive defender knows they can make a play on the ball there.     I know you are one of Edmunds' biggest apologists but he gets so many passes thrown in front of him where the RB is hung out to dry and never has the presence of mind to even punch the ball out while he's tackling a ball carrier who has had all of his momentum stopped by a late throw.......he's just a slow processor in a league where quick minds make the plays on the football in traffic.   

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No........there isn't any need to run thru the ball carrier there.......the pass is late and behind the RB........an instinctive defender knows they can make a play on the ball there.     I know you are one of Edmunds' biggest apologists but he gets so many passes thrown in front of him where the RB is hung out to dry and never has the presence of mind to even punch the ball out while he's tackling a ball carrier who has had all of his momentum stopped by a late throw.......he's just a slow processor in a league where quick minds make the plays on the football in traffic.   

No. Here: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

why did you let him become a Seahawks fan!!!!   

I’d be okay keeping Edmunds with Wagner.  Perhaps Wagner helps Edmunds.   But at Edmunds cost it may be prohibitive, so I’d trade Edmunds and draft LB, which we have to be looking at with Klien gone.  

Milano, edmunds and Wagner….lol.  Never

54 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All the talk of gronk and Chandler Jones, this would be the ultimate move for a superbowl push for the next few years.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Also people need to stop acting like Edmunds is a liability. He's just not a playmaker. So upgrade if you can yes, but the hate has to stop.

He's a liability when offenses exploit his slow processing. His instincts really haven't improved at all since entering the league. Mahomes regularly manipulates him with his eyes. A less athletic but more instinctual LB in Logan Wilson stays disciplined and does a better job taking away the middle of the field against the Chiefs, despite having quite a bit less range, because he doesn’t fall for the manipulation.

I don't need a playmaker at MLB. I just need someone that can process the play as it's happening and react accordingly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.