Bobby Wagner released

CDogg20

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Why would they release him and not trade him? 

From a cap standpoint it doesn’t make sense. From a player acquisition standpoint it doesn’t make sense. The only way it makes sense is that he wanted the ability to choose his next team and they respected the wishes of one of their all-time greats.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, CDogg20 said:

Probably to show respect for him and give him his choice of chasing rings 

I’d have a hard time thinking super bowl teams wouldn’t of traded for him and his existing contract. We allowed Beasley to look for a trade? Not the same caliber player but still the same idea. Maybe they did behind the scenes but for a team now in the hunt for a franchise quarterback I’d take all the ammo I can acquire 

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

From a cap standpoint it doesn’t make sense. From a player acquisition standpoint it doesn’t make sense. The only way it makes sense is that he wanted the ability to choose his next team and they respected the wishes of one of their all-time greats.

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

It seems that Seattle is on definite rebuild. Hopefully Beane is inquiring about Metcalf. 

I like the thought, but you have to think that Seattle would be holding onto of one of its young assets if they’re trying to rebuild for the next five years. Their coach isn’t exactly a young guy. This is such a weird rebuild time for them.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not one to chime in on specific player very often, but a quick google search says he is a steady player of value, the key to this being worth talking about at all is his cost….  What’s he likely to get, and priority wise, for our team is he a player to go after????

Just now, Don Otreply said:

I’m not one to chime in on specific player very often, but a quick google search says he is a steady player of value, the key to this being worth talking about at all is his cost….  What’s he likely to get, and priority wise, for our team is he a player to go after????

Priority wise he’s not as long as they are committed to Edmunds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.